Departed Thailand 12th July?

I arrived in Thailand on the 13th April and departed on the 12th of July after doing 2, 30 day visa runs,my Question is what day can i land in BKK on a 30 day visa on arrival again! would it be the 10th or 11th of October? :o

Many thanks.

It's a Tourist Visa Exempt entry not a Visa On Arrival.

Under current regulations you have up to 90 days of visa exempt stay in a six month period (each entry for a max of 30 days) - from the date of your first entry.

So I think the answer is 14th October.

Edited by digitalchromakey

If there is any chance that you will want to be in the country for more than 30 days why not apply for a tourist visa at the Thai consulate where you are at. Unless of course there is not one.

Its only the local currency equivelent of 1000 baht and sure a lot cheaper than border runs.

Link gives you a list of Thai emasssy/consulates. http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2712.php

Edit: Forgot to mention that many consulates allow you to mail in the application.

Edited by ubonjoe

With a tourist visa or a visa of any other kind you are free to travel to Thailand at any time. No need to wait a specific period.

Without a visa, ie visa-exempt entry, the earliest you can enter Thailand again is on October 14.

--

Maestro

Thanks for the reply"s but a clear 90 days gap would surely mean i can land on the 12th October??? doesn"t it? :o

or is it the 6 month period which is how many days? no wonder i normally get a non imm o,but just staying for a month so not sure!

Edited by ARNIE

It is six months, not 180 days, during which you are allowed a maximum of 90 days on visa-exempt stay in Thailand. Maestro

one simple question, master: when do these six month start, end & restart? by law? after visa? after how many days abroad? please clarify!

It starts on your first entry. You can come and go as many times as you want until you reach the ninty day point.

If you reach the 90 point you have to wait to come back until 6 months from that first entry is past.

In your case Oct. 14

You say you normally cone on a non-o. On what basis do you get it. Next time try get a multiple entry that is good for a year. That way you can come and go as many times as you want for up to 90 days.

It starts on your first entry. You can come and go as many times as you want until you reach the ninty day point.

If you reach the 90 point you have to wait to come back until 6 months from that first entry is past.

In your case Oct. 14

You say you normally cone on a non-o. On what basis do you get it. Next time try get a multiple entry that is good for a year. That way you can come and go as many times as you want for up to 90 days.

I have a daughter Joe and normally get the non o,and do the 15 months on it! but only going for a month so will save applying for my non o til next time.

Thanks for the clarification i think i have got it now :o

I have a daughter Joe and normally get the non o,and do the 15 months on it! but only going for a month so will save applying for my non o til next time.

Thanks for the clarification i think i have got it now :o

Glad to help. I understand that the rule is a little hard to follow, I guess it was the best way the writers could come up with to keep people from abusing the system. The reason they changed it was because the goverment figured out that people were staying long term by doing border runs every month.

What I wrote is basicly what 3 says in act 608/2549.

Link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp608EN.pdf

Enjoy your visit.

Joe

I arrived in Thailand on the 13th April and departed on the 12th of July after doing 2, 30 day visa runs,my Question is what day can i land in BKK on a 30 day visa on arrival again! would it be the 10th or 11th of October? :o

Many thanks.

Just checked my passport :D

I arrived in Thailand on 14th april stamped until the 13th may (did a run 12th may) stamped until 10th june did a run on the 10th june stamped until 9th july

I THEN DEPARTED THAILAND ON THE 12TH JULY PAYING FOR 3 DAY OVERSTAY.would this change the date i could arrive in thailand as i arrived a day later and had 3 day overstay,sorry to be rehashing this again but i want to book the flight and don"t want any confusion at the airport,could any member give me exact info on this,many thanks.

yes it would change, the count starts on the day you enter with a visa exempt entry and the extra 3 days would mean an extra 3 days out of the country.

even if you don't do a non-O a tourist visa would certainly be sensible

yes it would change, the count starts on the day you enter with a visa exempt entry and the extra 3 days would mean an extra 3 days out of the country.

So the day i can land, would now be on the 18th oct??

3 days overstay plus arrived one day later ? ... hmmmm is it this hard? add 3+1=4 to the date given above?

again this is the calculation of individuals on ThaiVisa and not the Immigration official you will be in front of when you arrive, wouldn't it suck if he came up with a different number? Get a visa.

No, it's 14th October, overstay is paid and you have >6 months since you first entry on 14th April.

This is all assuming that the immigration officer you chance upon understands these regulations (not always the case).

No, it's 14th October, overstay is paid and you have >6 months since you first entry on 14th April.

This is all assuming that the immigration officer you chance upon understands these regulations (not always the case).

Then it would be the 15th oct i could land if i entered on the 14th of april i think yes!

JD i have not got the time to apply for a visa if i depart on the 14th october due to a number of reasons thats why i have to get this correct,what would be the case with immagration anyway if they did not understand the regulations,it is either the 15th or the 18th my Daughters birthday is the 18th,so i want to be there earlier really,cheers again chaps. :o

Then it would be the 15th oct i could land if i entered on the 14th of april i think yes!

JD i have not got the time to apply for a visa if i depart on the 14th october due to a number of reasons thats why i have to get this correct,what would be the case with immagration anyway if they did not understand the regulations,it is either the 15th or the 18th my Daughters birthday is the 18th,so i want to be there earlier really,cheers again chaps. :o

14th October is the first possible entry date; given that your six months are complete starting from your first entry on 14th April.

14th October is the first possible entry date; given that your six months are complete starting from your first entry on 14th April.

Other posters earlier stated the day after was the first re-entry date :D

13 April to 13 Oct. = 6 months. 14 Oct. new 6 months begin. It's easy not a problem.

14th April i initially landed,so the 15th October is about right i think,i have finally got the hang of it now i think :o

Many thanks to all those that took time out with info. :D

youcan still enter anytime, just fly into the country, the airports never turn people away who are from visa exempt countries, (it's just the border crossings where they refuse to allow re-entry multiple times with visa-on-arrivals) next time only use tourist visas issued from consulates instead of getting the 30day visas on arrival that way you don't have to worry about being kicked out at a border crossing

Many thanks.

My opinion would be the 11th of October..

youcan still enter anytime, just fly into the country, the airports never turn people away who are from visa exempt countries, (it's just the border crossings where they refuse to allow re-entry multiple times with visa-on-arrivals) next time only use tourist visas issued from consulates instead of getting the 30day visas on arrival that way you don't have to worry about being kicked out at a border crossing

I don't agree and cetainly would not get on a plane and take the chance of being turned away.

I agree with you on the tourist visa though.