Selling My Vigo

kurgen

I have a 2 year old 2 door Prerunner in good condition with 50k on the clock which I paid about 660,000 baht for new. I want to get a 4 door Prerunner.

Will I get a better deal by trading it in to Toyota, selling it to a garage or trying to do a private sale?

Most important of all, how much should I expect to get?

Probably silly q's but I have never sold a car here.

I have a 2 year old 2 door Prerunner in good condition with 50k on the clock which I paid about 660,000 baht for new. I want to get a 4 door Prerunner.

Will I get a better deal by trading it in to Toyota, selling it to a garage or trying to do a private sale?

You'll get best price by going with a private seller, especially if you have all the receipts. This will take the longest however.

I would think you should be able to get 425 000 THB or so.

You'll get best price by going with a private seller, especially if you have all the receipts. This will take the longest however.

Thanks, this is about the price I was thinking of and yes FSH + reciepts.

Kurgen

If it is of any help.

Sold my Honda Jazz on the 15th.. is was 4 years old, in very good unmarked condition, bought it new 8,8,04..

Spent about 4 weeks looking around Main Dealers & Tents.......

Cash sale was 350 -365,000..

trade in for a new Jazz [hate the new Jazz] was 450 - 470,000,

Trade in for a bigger car at a Tent was between 390 - 440,000

I went to at least 60 places over the 4 weeks before selling it to a dealer in exchange for a Audi A6 , got 435,500 for the Jazz

It's not the trade in value you get but the cost to do the deal. Thus, you might get less at Toyota but more off the new vehicle so you have to factor that in.

Do you know another westerner who knows you and knows the truck ? That is the best way to get a decent price. I might be tempted by such a vehicle that I knew from new and knew the owner. I would not buy Somchai's 3 year old truck.

If you paid 660k then I'd expect to get a little more than the 425k mentioned on a private sale. At 425k you've lost 35% in 2 years which I think is high and would be pushing for a lower than 30% loss.

One thing more...the car will not increase its value by the time

One thing more...the car will not increase its value by the time

Not always true in LOS :o Lots of stories about people buying 2nd hand and selling for more a year or more later.

One thing is absolutely certain. Depreciation in absolute and percentage terms will decrease year by year and may well go positive at some point :D

If you are depreciating at say 8k amonth and can afford to lose 25k, then you have 3 months to find a buyer willing to pay you a hgher price than you can achieve today. You know your maximum downside but the upside could be considerable.