Visa For Vietnam

bungalowbill

I'm Going to Vietnam and need a visa. I know I can go down to BKK and apply at the VN Embassy but I want to avoid doing that.

Is there an agent in Chiang Mai where I can get this done to avoid going to BKK? Any details are appreciated, such as the price and how long it takes.

thanks

there is a travel agent,i think connected to namkong gh(if i remember the name right),if you go north from daret house(thai pae gate) past the bookstore ,the next shop or so on the same side of the road.when i needed it i found out that many of the other agents give it to them and they take it to the viets'ambassy in bkk and return it with the visa and thus had the best price in town.give it a try ,it's easy enough to go there and talk to them.

I applied for the VN visa at visa-vietnam.org. They replied back very fast, it cost $20 which they want you to pay using Xoom.com, which I never used before. Then you have to pay $25.00 more when you arrive.

I may try with an agent in CM or just go down to BKK..unless I hear from someone who has done this before on line without any problems I may skip doing it on line.

there is a travel agent,i think connected to namkong gh(if i remember the name right),if you go north from daret house(thai pae gate) past the bookstore ,the next shop or so on the same side of the road.when i needed it i found out that many of the other agents give it to them and they take it to the viets'ambassy in bkk and return it with the visa and thus had the best price in town.give it a try ,it's easy enough to go there and talk to them.

Yes, I found the place and dropped off my Passport today, and will get it back on the 9th. 1800 baht for a 1 month single entry. I am not leaving till the 22nd so I have plenty of time.

Yes, I found the place and dropped off my Passport today, and will get it back on the 9th. 1800 baht for a 1 month single entry. I am not leaving till the 22nd so I have plenty of time.

can tell me plz,which travel agent in chiang mai,u gave urpassport for vn visa...do u also hv their phone number

can tell me plz,which travel agent in chiang mai,u gave urpassport for vn visa...do u also hv their phone number

Bua Fualuang car and Travel Service: 053-234177

STA Travel on Thapae Rd can do the same thing at appox the same price. I've used them for visas to several countries, including VN.

Sorry, I don't have their phone number handy.

I applied for the VN visa at visa-vietnam.org. They replied back very fast, it cost $20 which they want you to pay using Xoom.com, which I never used before. Then you have to pay $25.00 more when you arrive.

I may try with an agent in CM or just go down to BKK..unless I hear from someone who has done this before on line without any problems I may skip doing it on line.

Ok, thanks Bungalow Bill. To clarify, i found 75753473407 links for a vietnam visa online, What i was looking for was the same sort of set up that Cambodia has for online visas. The links relate to visa agents, mostly USA based, not much use to us. I have heaps of time, so will go through a local travel agent.

Regards Tim

I used the .org site you listed and it took maybe 5 minutes.

Had my permission to enter letter the next morning and did the visa on arrival when I landed in HCMC.

Easy as pie.

SImple simple.

Enjoy your stay, I loved it.

I used the .org site you listed and it took maybe 5 minutes.

Had my permission to enter letter the next morning and did the visa on arrival when I landed in HCMC.

Easy as pie.

SImple simple.

Enjoy your stay, I loved it.

Good info for next time..thanks

• 4 weeks later...

BB, a quick one, did this all go well? using (Bua Fualuang car and Travel Service: 053-234177 )

Thanks Tim