Dtac Edge Vs Ipstar Sattelite

silentnine

Hi all ..

i live out near mabrachan lake, pattaya.

banglamung cable, ttt & tot all confirm i'm not in there area for phone lines or adsl or cable modem.

i'm been using a edge enabled mobile phone connected to my notebook for the last 6 months or so, giving me 25k down, & 5k up .. so similar speed to a dual isdn line really i think . 999baht per month, unlimited dload/time . gives me about 100mb an hour download roughly .. my dload que is full for the next 10 days already .. lol (UK TV from newsgroups/giganews)

Download Speed: 220 kbps (27.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 48 kbps (6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 1557 ms

i've been trying to look at ipstar to see if thats viable instead. as i really need a lower latency as my son likes to play WOW which is unplayable with the latency we have on "edge". i've asked at the local ipstar sellers office about speed & all they tell me is , yes sir, quicker than modem. which tells me nothign at all . do they mean quicker than a 56k modem :o or quicker than a edge connection . and wahts the latency like ? things they seem unable or unwillingto disclose.

ipstar appears to be unlimited dload now according to there office? are they correct as the website for it seems not to mention that and talk about montly limits which i would go over in less than a week.

so in short . :D is ipstar a viable alterntive to dtac edge ?

Well, I work in the Gulf, and with our internet link back to the UK, I get an average ping time of 890 ms. Not any improvement really over what you're currently getting.

Also, do a search for ipstar. And if you don't believe the results of the search, give GaryA a call, he has some stories!

I suffered with Shitstar through Loxinfo and TOT. Both were worthless. I tried all three speed offerings and that didn't help either other than paying more or less. I wouldn't recommend the service to anyone. Edge through AIS and Dtac is certainly nothing to brag about but it is better that Shitstar and MUCH cheaper.

Dtac is VERY bad today. My phone signal has dropped way down.They may have a tower down. Here is the speed test results;

Last Result:

Download Speed: 111 kbps (13.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 12 kbps (1.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 2505 ms

10/2/2008 10:43:06 AM

I also use AIS because both Dtac and AIS have their problems. Here is the AIS result;

Last Result:

Download Speed: 186 kbps (23.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 34 kbps (4.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 1139 ms

10/2/2008 10:46:17 AM

I am hooked up with AIS Bluetooth on a Samsung phone and hooked up with Dtac on my Nokia with a data cable.

I suffered with Shitstar through Loxinfo and TOT. Both were worthless. I tried all three speed offerings and that didn't help either other than paying more or less. I wouldn't recommend the service to anyone. Edge through AIS and Dtac is certainly nothing to brag about but it is better that Shitstar and MUCH cheaper.

Told ya so. :o

Dtac is VERY bad today. My phone signal has dropped way down.They may have a tower down. Here is the speed test results;

Last Result:

Download Speed: 111 kbps (13.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 12 kbps (1.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 2505 ms

10/2/2008 10:43:06 AM

I also use AIS because both Dtac and AIS have their problems. Here is the AIS result;

Last Result:

Download Speed: 186 kbps (23.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 34 kbps (4.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 1139 ms

10/2/2008 10:46:17 AM

I am hooked up with AIS Bluetooth on a Samsung phone and hooked up with Dtac on my Nokia with a data cable.

I have a full signal from Dtac now and here is the speed test;

Last Result:

Download Speed: 218 kbps (27.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 52 kbps (6.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 1907 ms

10/2/2008 12:58:13 PM