Non Immigrant O And Workpermit

Foreigner from western europe need a certain amount of income if they want a workpermit here,not sure how much,but I remember something like 45000baht per month for europeans,if I get pension from my homecountry do i still need that 45000baht income to obtain a workpermit,or any amount can do?

If you are talking about getting a non immigrant o visa extension for retirement no.

In order to get a retirement extension you need 65,000 baht per month or 800,000 baht in the bank before application.

You don't get a work permit for forign income.

Hope this helps. But I am not entirely sure what you are referring to.

If you are talking about getting a non immigrant o visa extension for retirement no.

In order to get a retirement extension you need 65,000 baht per month or 800,000 baht in the bank before application.

Hi,thanks for reply,I meant if I like to get a workpermit with my Non O visa,will I need a minimum income or does my pension counts already as income?

Hi,thanks for reply,I meant if I like to get a workpermit with my Non O visa,will I need a minimum income or does my pension counts already as income?

The income from the job that the work permit is attached to is what they mean.

I believe it is 50,000 Baht a month.

Like LB said 50,000 for western Europeans. But there is no required minimum for teachers and members of the media.

Well since i have 70000baht pension already,why do I need a minimum salary?let's say I get a Job and I want only 20000baht salary or the company can pay only 20000baht,isn't that enough since I have 70000baht pension already?

Its the law. If you were a teacher I guess it would be okay.

Do you really need a job here if you are getting 70,000 baht pension already.

it's not about need or not need,but i have a thaifriend who asked me to help her sometimes,and i would love to help her,but without workpermit i just can't do that

it's not about need or not need,but i have a thaifriend who asked me to help her sometimes,and i would love to help her,but without workpermit i just can't do that

Working for her company not giving her money correct?

If for her company it would have to meet all the requirements to get the work permit first and depend upon what you are doing for company.

There is probably a way to show the salary but you would have to pay tax on the full amount.

punisher

I just went through a bunch of info on work permits and etc. I am not sure about the 50,000 salary for the work permit side of things. It is required if you are on a non-b visa to get an extension and that is the only place I can find it. That doesn't apply to you since you are on a non-o and can get the extension based upon your pension income.

I think this is something that hasn't been discussed before.

I just don't the answer to this question. You might want to talk to lawyer about it.

punisher

I just went through a bunch of info on work permits and etc. I am not sure about the 50,000 salary for the work permit side of things. It is required if you are on a non-b visa to get an extension and that is the only place I can find it. That doesn't apply to you since you are on a non-o and can get the extension based upon your pension income.

I just don't the answer to this question. You might want to talk to lawyer about it.

Lawyer about that subject is difficult to find,can think only of sunbelt,i will give it a try with immigration first,anyway thanks for reply.

Like LB said 50,000 for western Europeans. But there is no required minimum for teachers and members of the media.

Well since i have 70000baht pension already,why do I need a minimum salary?

My guess, taxes on Thai income.

Foreigner from western europe need a certain amount of income if they want a workpermit here,not sure how much,but I remember something like 45000baht per month for europeans,if I get pension from my homecountry do i still need that 45000baht income to obtain a workpermit,or any amount can do?

As I understand it the minimum salary only applies if you want to obtain a one

year extension based on the work permit.

As you already seem to already have a one year extension based on retirement

that will not be a problem

punisher

In reality, if you make a new Work Permit then most labour departments now insist that you meet the same salary (dependant on nationality) and employee (4 Thai staff) conditions as for an Extension of Permission on the basis of Business.

punisher

In reality, if you make a new Work Permit then most labour departments now insist that you meet the same salary (dependant on nationality) and employee (4 Thai staff) conditions as for an Extension of Permission on the basis of Business.

Hmmm,guess if i pay the incometax on 50000baht salary,they will be ok

See this post. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Minumum-Sala...er-t171633.html

There is no minimum salary for obtaining a work permit.

There is a minimum salary if you want to use the Permit to obtain a one year visa extension.

As I already mentioned you seem to have met the necessary requirements for the one year extension

based on your retirement income.

There is a minimum salary if you want to use the Permit to obtain a one year visa extension.

As I already mentioned you seem to have met the necessary requirements for the one year extension

based on your retirement income.

Just want to make it clear and that the OP understands and that is one can not obtain a work permit if on a visa based on retirement or an extension based on retirement.

Yes you can, as has been reported by sunbelt and some other posters you can again get a WP on a retirement extension.

Then the change had to be within the last 5 months which is when I asked immigration about it after hearing the 'rumors'. They said not possible (CM Immigration). Of course Immigration and Labor may not know what's going on between the two. :o

Hate to differ Astral, but I have reports from colleagues in my area of labour insisting on a minimum salary for new WP applications (within the last six months). Certainly used to be the case, but then labour never insisted on 4x thai staff before (for WP application).

Just a simple question.

All these examples about minimum salary. Could someone precisely say that these are cases of somebody on a non-o visa already? It makes sense to me that they would ask for that in the case of a non-b since it's required to get an extension.

Could it be that a lot of people that are making regular non-b visa runs is because they can't meet the minimum salry requirements for an extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

Can anyone come up with a link to the Labour dept where minimum salaries are quoted??

The only links I have seen are from Immigration and refer to minimum salaries to obtain a one year extension,

which is not the same thing.

That is dated 8th Sept 2006 and is appended at the end of this document.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

Copy and paste to see the document, as there is a problem in the forum with links.

Can anyone come up with a link to the Labour dept where minimum salaries are quoted??

I've never seen them on the labor dept site. These are two links, the first seems to imply that one of the criteria looked at when applying for a WP is the minimum salary. The 2nd, an accounting firm, specifically states immigration. One of the letters that I have to supply to immigration was one from the university stating my postion, the contract length and the salary. Just did my extension and work permit renewal 5 days ago.

Working in Thailand

A Guide to Expat Employment

George has put into place a fix for the link problem.

Then it doesn't apply to non-o's. 7.1 is for non-b visas. Requirements for Non-o's also don't refer to the income table.

7.1 In the case of

business such as

employment with a

company or partnership,

etc.:

(2) The alien must have an income

consistent with that set out in

the Income Table attached

hereto;

ATTACHMENT TO ROYAL THAI POLICE HEADQUARTERS ORDER NO. 606/2549

dated September 8, 2006

Income Table Referred to Clause 7.1 (2)