Dude, Where's My Work Permit?

The Gentleman Scamp

While I admit to not having any proof at my fingertips I would concur with LC. Khun Thaksin himself opened the one on Ratchada, on his birthday I believe, and that his son might thus be behind it  is not a great leap.

The Muang Thong Thani operation while using the Coca Cola name is sponsored by amongst others -  the bottling company for Cocal Cola in Thailand ( this in my mind is far from it being Coca Cola) and UK Funfairs Co.

A search for UK Funfairs shows up nothing which of course means nothing. I assume that they are the company supplying all the rides and equipment. Nothing is to be found on the Coca Cola site, which again in my opinion is hardly surprising.

As with any company i would be careful as to who has my passport and why and would ignore fancy names on the advertisements ( Coca Cola) and apparent high salaries when considering employment .

My understanding is that the funfair is on quite a tour of Asia at least - I have not heard /seen anything about its "World " aspirations.

On the face of it is an opportunity for someone to make some money- hopefully the employeees.

TGS could perhaps do this board a service though in enquiring as to how such an operation can organise so many WP's for so many farangs. We could then all benefit from what needs to be done

I will, but I hope they don't find out I'm talking about them on a public forum, they might not like it.

BTW, my last comment (well done) was typed without much thought I admit, I just wanted everyone to stop nagging.

LC is right, but I have seen the WP's and I should have mine before this topic sinks downstairs.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the guy should get his work permit. Don't worry Gentleman, if you have seen it, you will get it! I saw mine a couple of weeks ago and picked it up last week. I saw it as I actuall glued the photo in. I also did another couple of farang and a jap. Can't let them know though. "We help each other here" she said. One thing I would not do is speak about your personal affairs on this board. If the wrong people get to know, you will not get a WP and you won't have a job. Be careful who you speak about!

One thing I would not do is speak about your personal affairs on this board. If the wrong people get to know, you will not get a WP and you won't have a job. Be careful who you speak about!

You mean personal affairs that are work related right? Yes, I agree, though there aren't really any personal affairs at work.

Other than that, I'm a good farang ambassador just trying to find his way in life and helping people along the way if I can, surely that won't go against me if the powers that be read this?

I think Neeranam has a point.

Other than that, I'm a good farang ambassador just trying to find his way in life and helping people along the way if I can, surely that won't go against me if the powers that be read this?

It would'nt go against you mate, but it would'nt help you any either.

Still don't get it - are we talking about personal affairs in general - like Ning and stuff and the girl I'm trying to help in Phuket and my hayfever or just this thread?

Still don't get it - are we talking about personal affairs in general - like Ning and stuff and the girl I'm trying to help in Phuket and my hayfever or just this thread?

Is there a history of mental illness in your family?

Is there a history of mental illness in your family?

Sorry but....... :o:D:D

Sorry mate to clarify.... just this thread, personel stuff is up you to what you want to share, just saying be careful what you post you never know who is reading, and judging by the ammount of info and knowlage some posters have it would'nt supprise me if they had connections in or dealt with immagration often. I dont think you will have any probs but sometimes it pays to be a bit cautious!!

Sorry mate to clarify.... just this thread, personel stuff is up you to what you want to share, just saying be careful what you post you never know who is reading, and judging by the ammount of info and knowlage some posters have it would'nt supprise me if they had connections in or dealt with immagration often. I dont think you will have any probs but sometimes it pays to be a bit cautious!!

Couldn't agree more mate.

You mean personal affairs that are work related right? Yes, I agree, though there aren't really any personal affairs at work.

I meant anything related to work/visas/people with power/govt etc.

As for girlfriend stuff etc, noone cares about that really.

Wouldn't you be better spending more time in the real world though, and talking over these things with friends. Much healthier.

Oh, and putting a picture of yourself on that avatar thingy, is that wise?

Well it's okay now I have the little blue book, but I agree it would be daft of somebody to advertise the fact that they were illegal in some way - but I'm not now am I.

And who just said I should live in the real world?????

Well it's okay now I have the little blue book, but I agree it would be daft of somebody to advertise the fact that they were illegal in some way - but I'm not now am I.

And who just said I should live in the real world?????

I did. Are you suggesting I don't???????

You need coinselling or something I think.

Get out into the real world and try to make friends.

Anyway, well done on getting the WP, not that it really matters. You will be out of work very soon.