Lizard Thread

kasi

One of the most endearing aspects of life in thailand are the little lizards that are everywhere.

My pet in my bedroom dropped a large wet one on my arm the other day.

A week or so ago one dropped a "little seasoning" in my squid salad!

I love how they just suck those mosquitoes down. They are my friends!

One of the most endearing aspects of life in thailand are the little lizards that are everywhere.

My pet in my bedroom dropped a large wet one on my arm the other day.

A week or so ago one dropped a "little seasoning" in my squid salad!

I love how they just suck those mosquitoes down. They are my friends!

Geckos (spelling) are great. Awesome the way they stalk flies and mozzies, eh? There was a thread on here a while back on what was the best way to kill them...cruel bastards. When living down south I tried to catch a load and put them in the room because we had a yuung problem.

Yes there do eat their share of bugs, but I still don't want them in the house as my little girl picks up anything on the floor and puts it in her mouth. Even though I have not tried ghecko sh1t and can't attest to taste, I still don't want her to eat them.

Well I use to like them until one day a little bugger decided to make his home inside my computer.

He had got in through the fan while the computer was turned off.

When it was turned back on sparks flew and smoke came out.... and oh! what a terrible stink :o

The service repair guy new exactly what was wrong by the smell...... and sure enough there was fried lizard in the power supply thingamigig.

When I get home the next day there are children everwhere...... "what's going on" I said to my wife..... she said....."I'm offering 5 baht for every Lizard that is caught DEAD or ALIVE" :D

Now when there is money to be made these village kids can get very inventive......

they were firing off rubber bands and when a lizard was hit it would fall to the ground stunned.....

Well in very short time out house was lizard free and my wife was holding a big bag full of these creatures..... I sure hope that's not dinner :D

A couple of hundred baht was paid to the children and I later let the lizards go a few hundred meters away from the house.

The next morning there was a knock at the door and here were 10 smiling children holding up bags of lizards :D They had collected them from their homes.....

Sorry Kids.... I'll let the wife explain this one to you :D