Whoops, Overstay

I have seen other members post that they were able to get the extension of stay on a tourist when on a short overstay They had to pay the overstay fee in addition to the extension fee.

--

Maestro

How long is a short overstay.

Depends on what you mean by tourist.

If it is a 30 visa exempt you can get a 7 day extension that is meant to be just enough time to leave.

If its a tourist visa issued by a consulate then you can get a 30 day extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

If you go Monday they might give you the 24 hour grace period and not charge you the 500 baht.

wow that would be cool. makes sense too since it wasn't possible to go on the 4th or 5th

also wow at 12 days late, thats tempting lol

What do you mean by 12 days late your original post says Sunday as end of permit to stay.

Its 500 baht per day.

They allow you 24 hours grace period at airport so they might give it at immigration also.

If you go Monday they might give you the 24 hour grace period and not charge you the 500 baht.

wow that would be cool. makes sense too since it wasn't possible to go on the 4th or 5th

also wow at 12 days late, thats tempting lol

What do you mean by 12 days late your original post says Sunday as end of permit to stay.

Its 500 baht per day.

They allow you 24 hours grace period at airport so they might give it at immigration also.

what i meant was if they will still give me the extra 30 days if i am 12 days late, it is tempting to wait another 12 days, pay 6,000 baht...and postpone the inevitable bus ride to cambodia...

I overstayed my 90 day report last month by more than a month......I was charged only 2000 baht fine. I think they let me off easy.

Not quite the same overstay. He is overstaying his visa in the country.

Everbody that only pays 2000 baht for thier late reporting of their staying in country more than 90 days is getting by cheap. According to the immigration act they could charge 5000 baht plus 200 baht a day.

• 2 weeks later...