Non Imm. "o"

hi folks, i need some help here and you all seem to know what youre talking about, so heres my pickle. i just applied for and recieved my non immigrant o visa. my understanding is that this is a 90 day visa that begins on the date of issue. im ok so far but heres what i need help with.

1. it says that extension of stay is not permitted. does this mean that i have to leave after 90 days? i am married to a thai national and she is with me here in the usa, but she got a job in bkk and we are moving there. can i apply for an extension or another type of visa after the 90 days is up?

2. it is a single entry visa. we planned to visit cambodia and laos before settleing in bkk. will i be able to leave thailand and come back aftera month or so? can i apply for a visa that allows me to leave and come back?

thanks for your help. im new to this and could use all the advice i can get.

If you are able to show a family income of 40,000 baht a month you can get a one year extension at Thai Immigration, and the same extension every year while you can show that 40K a month. During the currency of your present visa you will lose that visa unless you get a re-entry permit every time you leave the Kingdom.

If you are able to show a family income of 40,000 baht a month you can get a one year extension at Thai Immigration, and the same extension every year while you can show that 40K a month. During the currency of your present visa you will lose that visa unless you get a re-entry permit every time you leave the Kingdom.

thanks doc. the 40k wont be a problem, but about the other thing, with the single entry visa, will i be able to go visit cambodia and such? what does single entry mean?

thanks doc. the 40k wont be a problem, but about the other thing, with the single entry visa, will i be able to go visit cambodia and such? what does single entry mean?

It means ONE stay of 90 days. You need to get a re-entry permit every time you leave the Kingdom during that 90 day period.

1. Ignore that. It means nothing. Yes you can extend visa, you will just have to meet all the requirements. Suggest you keep non-o married to a Thai. If you want to work you can get work permit on a non-o.

2. If you get the 1 year extension you can get a multiple re-entry permit. If no extension then you have to get new visa every time you go out. That's assuming you have a single entry 90 day non-o visa.

For Info on getting extension: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=service#

Basic requirements are proof of 40,000 baht monthly income. Marriage certificate, ID and etc.

Income can be proved by letter from your embassy/consulate or tax receipts for the previous 3 months.

It means ONE stay of 90 days. You need to get a re-entry permit every time you leave the Kingdom during that 90 day period.

Or get a multiple re-entry permit once

Ignore that. It means nothing. Yes you can extend visa

But, Immigration usually requires your extension request in the last 30 days of your 90-day permitted to stay period. So, yes, if you want to travel in the early part of your 90-day stamp, you'll need a re-entry permit (1000 baht single, 3800 multiple) to keep that stamp valid for eventual extension application.

Out of curiosity, why did you get a single entry Non Imm O? Did the Consulate restrict you to that? And if so, which Consulate?