Bored

gpdjohn

I'm bored outta my mind today.

Where is a good spot to go and get a cheap beer and some entertainment during the afternoon ?

Scooter's warmed up, rain is done and I'm ready to go....

My friend told that the Chiang Mai Housewive's Association is a good place for a cheap beer and other forms of cheap entertainment.

Ha, bored to pieces, hey?!

And then sit at a bar and again do nothing?! BOOOOOORRRRRRRING! Many other things to do. I happen to know a lady with many dogs who can always use a helping hand: washing dogs, running with the dogs (good against a bigge belly :D), and LOOOOOTTTTTTSSSSS of fixing stuff ..... :o

Nienke

P.S. Beer can be arranged.

scooter is warmed up and you are planning on drinking?

Why sure. I have a lock for it.

That's what tuk tuk's are for.

:o

All I'm looking for is to get out of the house and head downtown for some time out and enjoy a few brewdawgs and maybe a bite to eat.

Where is a good afternoon spot to have a cold one and maybe some music...?

Ha, bored to pieces, hey?!

And then sit at a bar and again do nothing?! BOOOOOORRRRRRRING! Many other things to do. I happen to know a lady with many dogs who can always use a helping hand: washing dogs, running with the dogs (good against a bigge belly :D ), and LOOOOOTTTTTTSSSSS of fixing stuff ..... :o

Nienke

P.S. Beer can be arranged.

Come on now Nienke, I retired to retire...finished with dog care after 15 some years in KNPV and babysittin' hordes of mecheles herders... :D

Sitting in a bar, which I normally don't do, won't be boring for me....something different for today.

Just kidding, just kidding. At The Wat on the Loi Kroh they have a pool, cool beer, something to eat and very nice owners. The No. 1 Bistro & Cafe (Loi Kroh soi 1) is also open, I think. Furthermore, I have no idea.

Edited by Nienke

Following on from the previous suggestions why not start at MadDog (cheaper than the others) where there is usually someone to talk too. After you have had a few move on the aforementioned establishments - not forgetting to stop anywhere else that takes your fancy. Why not have a drink with anyone you, for example, calls out "Hello welcome" it might turn out to be entertaining.

Following on from the previous suggestions why not start at MadDog (cheaper than the others) where there is usually someone to talk too. After you have had a few move on the aforementioned establishments - not forgetting to stop anywhere else that takes your fancy. Why not have a drink with anyone you, for example, calls out "Hello welcome" it might turn out to be entertaining.

:o Thanks. Sounds like an adventure I could use.

:D Thanks. Sounds like an adventure I could use.

Best of luck! Assuming that you remember (and care to share) some of the details please post tomorrow - maybe I'll follow in your footsteps in a few days :o

Just got a call from one of my mates here that one of our ex-pats was killed on his motorsai last night, he'd only had a couple.

Either try to organise some form of taxi, or ride the bike into town sober, book a hotel, go for drinks and leave the bike where it is.

hel_l ... even get on the bike .. ride to the corner and grab a taxi in!

but don't be stupid and have the bike handy after you have been drinking!

(the reasoning of riding in and leaving it then getting it the next day falls through when you consider that such a plan requires just as much effort as leaving it at home from the beginning!)

:D When I stayed up in Chiang Mai I had a number for a driver that was often in my area, I would think someone living there would be at least that proactive!

Whatever.....

i bet you didnt think you would end up being lectured the finer points when you merely asked where is a good place for a bevvie... bet you wish you would have gone out a few hours ago now when you originally posted, and left all this crap at home! :o

for the lefties out there, no i do not condone drink driving :D

Thaddeus sorry to here about that RIP :D

My friend told that the Chiang Mai Housewive's Association is a good place for a cheap beer and other forms of cheap entertainment.

There is no Chiang Mai Housewive's Association, Mr Bill. Perhaps you meant to refer to the Chiang Mai Housewives' Association?

(My form of cheap entertainment at 5:30, after a long day of condo painting . . . Ready now for the beer part.)

Where is a good spot to go and get a cheap beer and some entertainment during the afternoon ?

A most sensible suggestion.

I just don't understand getting bored in Chiang Mai, but if I need a change of faces, there is the direct bus to the beach at Pattaya and lots of good cheap hotels and a few days stopover in Bangkok on the way home. :o

Lock your bike at home and take a tuktuk in!
:D
:D When I stayed up in Chiang Mai I had a number for a driver that was often in my area, I would think someone living there would be at least that proactive!

(the reasoning of riding in and leaving it then getting it the next day falls through when you consider that such a plan requires just as much effort as leaving it at home from the beginning!)

:(

i bet you didnt think you would end up being lectured the finer points when you merely asked where is a good place for a bevvie... bet you wish you would have gone out a few hours ago now when you originally posted, and left all this crap at home! :o

for the lefties out there, no i do not condone drink driving :D

Thaddeus sorry to here about that RIP :D

No shit!

But can understand...

My friends, I do not plan on a drunk driving fest, especially on a Vespa.

I plan to live at least 5 years post retirement, so far...so good.

Yep, going to Vespa in and aquire transportation back to my domicile..no worries. ( Vespa located at a stratigic spot close to home for recovery in the a.m )

I ended up doing some things 'round the castle and went down to the local pizza spot for a couple 'o brews and some grub. So, no go today.

Tomorrow is the day I will venture forth and see what the cruel world brings.

If anyone's up for it, sound out and I will meet ya and even buy the first round ( I did this once in my past life and 28 people showed up and I'll only pay for the FIRST round, won't pay for a whole bar to consume mass quanities..'ol retired paratrooper/cop, not a banker :D )

Thx UG, but just looking for a afternoon out, not a couple 'o days.

Now I have heard a rumor of the exsistence of a some times called " Chiang Mai Desperate Housewifes Assoc." which caught my interest.... :D

Thaddeus - sorry to hear of your bud.

A most sensible suggestion.

I just don't understand getting bored in Chiang Mai

It's impossible for you to get bored UG...what with so many books to read, and planning your next gastronomic adventure :o

Either try to organise some form of taxi, or ride the bike into town sober, book a hotel, go for drinks and leave the bike where it is.

now this does hold out some opportunities....take your toothbrush and get a room in a suitable location.... go out as planned :o after a while :D and then perhaps ask your new friend back to your place :D ( try not to be :D )

Good luck for tomorrow!

now this does hold out some opportunities....take your toothbrush and get a room in a suitable location.... go out as planned :o after a while :D and then perhaps ask your new friend back to your place :D ( try not to be :D )

Good luck for tomorrow!

You guys all think I want to go out and wreck havoc...to leave 'em smokin' or something.

Just an out-ing for some barley pops and some good times, I'm not intending to end up in a felony pursuit or being found "neek-ed" in a kindergarten playground holding a fuzzy bunny.

But....

that could be interesting as well..

:(

Crikey Jack, all these worryworts!!

Just a few years ago, I recall going up Thapae Road, 2 up with my dear English (tobacco industry) friend on the back, on my faithful old Kwaka ZZR1100 after midnight, blood alcohol level off the scale. We hit 160 kph with the front wheel still off the ground. The pillion dared me.

What's life without a challenge?

Thaddeus - sorry to hear of your bud.

Thanks, but the last one wasn't really a bud, just an acquaintance, must have met him four times at the most, he was getting married this Thursday and his girlfriend is six weeks pregnant, nice situation eh?

We've lost three others so far this year, and one was a really good friend, I named him "Ivan The Nice" some years ago and the name stuck, a tragic loss to the community, didn't drink at all and got wiped out by a lorry when he was on his way to a big bike rally.

We all know that driving here is a 'hobby' that is fraught with danger even on four wheels, take away two wheels and add the Thai attitude of 'I got amulets, it's my country, get out of my way, you didn't, tough... mai pben rai ... I won't lose any sleep over it'

I don't want to lose any more friends this year, or any year for that matter, I also don't want to see a member of this forum become a statistic just because they are bored.

:( When I stayed up in Chiang Mai I had a number for a driver that was often in my area, I would think someone living there would be at least that proactive!

Crikey Jack, all these worryworts!!

Just a few years ago, I recall going up Thapae Road, 2 up with my dear English (tobacco industry) friend on the back, on my faithful old Kwaka ZZR1100 after midnight, blood alcohol level off the scale. We hit 160 kph with the front wheel still off the ground. The pillion dared me.

What's life without a challenge?

:P

Indeed! Didn't quite hit 160 but managed 95 on the plastic pig with Wolfie on the back going down there at Spicy time, helmet in basket. The junction at the Gate was a bit of a blur and ole mate was struggling to contain himself :D