Bored

gpdjohn

Thaddeus - sorry to hear of your bud.

Thanks, but the last one wasn't really a bud, just an acquaintance, must have met him four times at the most, he was getting married this Thursday and his girlfriend is six weeks pregnant, nice situation eh?

Sorry to hear about your aquaintance, Thaddeus. That is bad timing. RIP

I'm bored outta my mind today.

Where is a good spot to go and get a cheap beer and some entertainment during the afternoon ?

Scooter's warmed up, rain is done and I'm ready to go....

My friend told that the Chiang Mai Housewive's Association is a good place for a cheap beer and other forms of cheap entertainment.

A most sensible suggestion.

I just don't understand getting bored in Chiang Mai, but if I need a change of faces, there is the direct bus to the beach at Pattaya and lots of good cheap hotels and a few days stopover in Bangkok on the way home. :o

When i made inquiries about a bus to Pattaya i was told it goes to BKK first and takes 15hrs.

Was i told incorrectly?

Last night a new friend was killed also on a motorcycle. Over 40 years of motorcycle experiance.

I't goes to show you that it came come at any time.

GodSpeed Mike, you will be missed by all...

Sorry to hear that. In Chiang Mai? A long time resident? Family name?

Edited by Blinky Bill

I saw an article in City Life a few months ago entitled "Blood Hour"

It's that time of night (normally between 1pm and 2pm on a Friday and a Saturday night) when all the drunken drivers are trying to get home ay breakneck speeds and deaths are commonplace.

According to the article there is a whole industry thriving out there because of the weak DD laws.

It's that time of night (normally between 1pm and 2pm on a Friday and a Saturday night) when all the drunken drivers are trying to get home ay breakneck speeds and deaths are commonplace.

Never known it be night in cm at those times ole mate :o

Holy crap......I've done it again :D

I hope and trust that first you pulled out the phone number to your favorite tuk tuk driver, had your toothbrush in your pocket, remembered where you parked your bike for recovery in the morning and enjoyed your stay in the hotel. :D

You guys sure type on your keyboards a whole lot more than drink.

Come on, go do something for the local economy and imbibe, you'll be glad you did.

And yes, the daytime alcoholic entertainment options in Chiang Mai are terrible. Some options in Moon Muang Soi 1-2, then Number #1 bar, and that's about it.. But even there it's pretty dead.

The only place with solid daytime drinking options that I know of is Pattaya.

I hope and trust that first you pulled out the phone number to your favorite tuk tuk driver, had your toothbrush in your pocket, remembered where you parked your bike for recovery in the morning and enjoyed your stay in the hotel. :D

If you are addressing me...I don't own a bike :D

If you are addressing me...I don't own a bike :D

Excellent...the "mother hens" will leave you alone. :D

Pop a few beers around Thapae area then choof over near the railway station for a nice relaxing soapy. Not complicated and better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick, assuming you are single of course. No reason to ever be bored, just head out to an unexplored area and see what you vcan find.

OK assuming that you went out and returned safe and sound. What did you do, where did you go and was it fun? Or perhaps you are still out there :o
Seriously, have you not heard that the OP nearly died in a wreck recently, after starting this thread? Or are there several gdpjohn posters here?

OK assuming that you went out and returned safe and sound. What did you do, where did you go and was it fun? Or perhaps you are still out there :o
Seriously, have you not heard that the OP nearly died in a wreck recently, after starting this thread? Or are there several gdpjohn posters here?

No I didn't know and my sincere apologies, no excuses only apologies and best wishes to him for a complete recovery.