Pattaya City Limits

TopDogger

I have only ever seen one boundry mark. Drive south along Jomtien beach until you reach Metro Condo. On the corner of that soi is a Pattaya City marker.

All the time I lived in Pattaya from just off soi 8, between soi Buakhaw to the dark side (east of Sukhumvit) I never had "Pattaya" in my postal address. It was always Norngprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20260 (although apparently that post cost isn't strictly correct). So I haven't a clue where any boundary may lie but, as with anything in Thailand, the answer is probably very nebulous.

If you drive south on Sukhumvit just past the PTT station after chaiyapruek where there is a turn off to the right, there is a big blue sign there for the boundry.

Also if you drive up Chaiyapruek 2 heading towards the sports stadium, over the railway line you come to a cross roads where you turn left to the euro club, sign at that cross roads says welcome to Huay Yai.

Next time there is a Pattaya City election, drive around the "outer Pattaya" area and find out which bars are open and which are shut.

Then mark their location on a map.

Then draw a line between each of the most distant bars from the centre of Pattaya in every direction that are shut, and you will have your boundary. :o

Or at the very least you will have your drinking boundary. :D

But don't get too pissed, or the lines may look a little wobbly. :D