Farang Gangsters?

lifeisrandom

i am watching the sopranos now and just wondering what the farang mafia scene is like. does it really exist? i dont go to places where those types of farang would hang out but i am curious are there farang loan sharks and book makers and drug dealers etc or are these operations controlled by locals?

i am watching the sopranos now and just wondering what the farang mafia scene is like. does it really exist? i dont go to places where those types of farang would hang out but i am curious are there farang loan sharks and book makers and drug dealers etc or are these operations controlled by locals?

The Thais need to sell their drugs to foreigners and they also need to buy South American substances from foreigners, so from that point of view as with any business there is an inter dependance, but anyone with a brain isnt going to start trouble or tread on a top end Thai villians toes.

As for loan sharks i know a one who lends out big money and he seems to spend his life chasing people who have no intention of giving it back, most the farang wannabee badboys in LOS are plastic gangsters.

There was a story here in the last month or so about some foreigner in Koh Samui being arrested. He as very rich from his criminal activities in Koh Samui and perhaps thought he was untouchable as he was well known to the police and able to carry on his activities for well over 10 years. Guess a new sheriff came into town and put a stop to it. So, yes, there are foreign gangsters in Thailand but usually only in places tourist places like Pattaya and Koh Samui.

Kill your TV

and do a search of the forums and you might find some things in Pattaya about Russians and in Koh Samui about motorcycle gangs

Hahaha.......

Yeah great advice, ThaiVisa is full of made men. :D:D

ThaiVisa members really live on the egde. :o

My advice is , try going out once in a while.

Kill your TV

and do a search of the forums and you might find some things in Pattaya about Russians and in Koh Samui about motorcycle gangs

Hahaha.......

Hehe, yeah I'm like the Frank Lucas of Samut Prakarn!

Seriously though, I'm guessin its mostly the dregs that come to pattaya from Russia, what a nasty lot they are.

Kill your TV

Hahaha.......

:D

Great series right? I am up to season 2 'Family Redefined' on disk. Tony is in to waste disposal :o don't think that would work too well here.

I suspect it exists here but is maybe more a loose collection of farangs scratching each others backs rather than the organized crime potrayed by Tony and his uncle on a large scale with bosses and capo's and soldiers.

Mobster activities are ongoing every second here in Thailand, mostly by thais.

Taxi driver groups fight each other for operation turfs.

Recently in the news, are the rescue services.

Bars fight bars.

Soi fight sois.

Business partners kill and beat each other every day here in Thailand.

Police men get shares in luckrative businesses.

Drugs are sold in openly at bars.

So if you want to look at this you are well advised to get out there, but do try to stay clear.

Plenty of farang wannabe or has been gangstas in Thailand. Very much doubt those who think they are the real deal have much say in the local turf wars and the percentage structuring of the take.

Wannabe gangstas in Thailand - what a joke. Idiots. :o

Soundman.

Russia has many different "mafias." Two of the most powerful, for example, are the Jewish and Afghan War Vets mafias.  Several different mafia groups started coming to Thailand, specifically Pattaya, some time ago in order to launder their ill-gotten gains.  They established a presence, and now, "regular" Russians have followed drawn by the weather, the beaches, Russian press reports, and the prevalence of Russian-speaking services.  These Russians are now the single largest demographics of condo-buyers in the Pattaya area.

Whether the criminal Russians carry on their activities here in Thailand, I really don't know. It may just be safe haven for them.

Most of the westerners who want to get involved in organize crime do not last very long, a few might pass the ranks and normally in the drug trafficking, but always the Thais have the upper hand on the operations. And they are normally partnered with the Chinese Thai or Chinese Malaya. But I agree very WANNA be gangsters. With there ugly mug in the news paper.

And there are still good souls around who will try and catch them out so they are not the

“untouchables”

Russians? Don’t threat to much about them, they all have the same story. Why live in Thailand I ask? Its nice here, we are sick of Russia. Same goes for the Koreans. They are all generally docile. Trust me I know. And if they are up to some mystified they are normally doing it with in there own community.

Even rouge generals and arms deals just see Thailand as a plaice to take a load off there feet.

Some Thai mobsters are funned by the yakuza but luckily they don’t leave Japan to often to cheek up there investments. It is difficult to do so as well. As the Thai government makes it hard for them. trust me too.. thank god for that!!!

Most westerners here are friendly to each other to a certain level. Not enough to forum a strong community like other cultures have and not enough to trust to form a circle for a chain of command organization and if it did happen. It just be funny as you guys are not scary at all.

Its all money and fun and games in the end. Just stay out of my turf unless invited and you guys are alright in my book. :o

Russia has many different "mafias." Two of the most powerful, for example, are the Jewish and Afghan War Vets mafias.  Several different mafia groups started coming to Thailand, specifically Pattaya, some time ago in order to launder their ill-gotten gains.  They established a presence, and now, "regular" Russians have followed drawn by the weather, the beaches, Russian press reports, and the prevalence of Russian-speaking services.  These Russians are now the single largest demographics of condo-buyers in the Pattaya area.

Whether the criminal Russians carry on their activities here in Thailand, I really don't know. It may just be safe haven for them.

Doesn't Thailand extend some special visa freedoms to Russian nationals? (From one kleptocracy to another). :o

Every where you go there will be gangsta or more organized crimes.It's the movies, TV, etc the seemed to glorify being "OG". Trying visiting the prison where people get locked for hardcore crimes. I've been in prison before, i don't want to go back, i rather take a bullet to the head. Movie like Chinese triad, Godfather, please....remember you would not think if it cool if you get a harmed by a bullet ,stab, shank, decapitated, body parts chop off,etc. All human are violent it's the animal instinct to kill and survive, but to use it for entertainment, it's just sad. Remember save one bullet for yourself, don't go to prison in USA,Thailand or anywhere.

Every where you go there will be gangsta or more organized crimes.It's the movies, TV, etc the seemed to glorify being "OG". Trying visiting the prison where people get locked for hardcore crimes. I've been in prison before, i don't want to go back, i rather take a bullet to the head. Movie like Chinese triad, Godfather, please....remember you would not think if it cool if you get a harmed by a bullet ,stab, shank, decapitated, body parts chop off,etc. All human are violent it's the animal instinct to kill and survive, but to use it for entertainment, it's just sad. Remember save one bullet for yourself, don't go to prison in USA,Thailand or anywhere.

Your right man. I was decapitated a few years back, was just not cool at all.

Edited by RakJungTorlae

Your right man. I was decapitated a few years back, was just not cool at all.

and getting fragged by the IRA tends to smart a bit too :o

It just be funny as you guys are not scary at all.

What, and the girlie-looking little Thai/Asian man is? :o:D

Let me think..

Some westerns threatening to punch my lights out or some Asian dudes threading to cut me up in to peaces or maybe shoot me a few time

Yes!!!

Edited by RakJungTorlae

Thankfully, Thailand is too hot for hoods, or "hoodies" (as worn by ferret-faced chav adolescents, in the UK, at least).

If someone feels the need to tell you that they're gangsters (or special forces soldiers, e.g.), this is a sign that they probably are not... :o

It just be funny as you guys are not scary at all.

What, and the girlie-looking little Thai/Asian man is? :o:D

Yeah, but you won't be fighting one single girlie-looking Thai/Asian man, you'll be fighting his friends and neighbors.

Do not be decieved by the Thai smile; if you really do cross a Thai, they WILL try and get back at you. When Westerners fight, they do it one on one in a "I'm a tough guy thing". Thais don't do that. They grab all their friends, and whoever else is around. If it is just one Thai, or a few Thais, and you are bigger or they are outnumbered, they won't fight you then. But they will remember you and wait until a more opportune occasion to strike. Like waiting until you're riding your motorcycle at night down the alley and then popping you with a baseball bat with twenty friends in tow. And if they say they are going to cut you up into little pieces, they really do mean they want to cut you up into little pieces.