Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

Errr, and as far as I know majority of people who voted in the last election didn't vote for PPP. Why the need to keep claiming that majority chose them? Is that just innocent little misunderstanding or instead pure ignorance and stupidity?

Give it up, they formed a legitimate government with coalition partners. Dispute this fact or not?

Sure they formed a coalition government ThNiner is not disputing this, but the PPP still did not have the vote of the majority of the electorate, which is what he is saying.

did I challenge that point, no I didn't!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These forums get packed with strong diverse opinions and I guess most of us are foreigners who dont even have a say.

The problem is that amongst ordinary Thai people there is a similar and just as emotve divide and unless any Thai politician of any persuasion can resolve this there is going to be no resolution and that includes through elections as the ground rules are not agreed to on these anymore. Even if the Dems were to win a vote does anyone think there wouldnt be demos against them and lots of claims of vote buying and cheating? Whatever people want this one is going to run and run short of a drastic change in tact by all. There are millions of PPP sympathisers and there millions of PAD sympathisers.

One of the few things we agree upon, and whoever is able to form a government should have the right to govern. That means removing mobs from the seat of government which belongs to all Thai's AND prosecute the perpetrators. The same process is happening with Mr T and his wife, so should Sonthi L and Chamlong end up in jail, if not they can run like Mr T!

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.c...nnels/b2973.htm

For those wanting to watch the live circus

Edited by jayjayjayjay

Some times I just get so sick of the obfuscation some posters can deal out here and get away with on a daily basis.

Oh, how right you are TAWP!

Reading those endless PAD platitudes day after day (you know the ones....."nobody pays us", "we don't want to take away anybody's right to vote","everybody who voted PPP was paid to do it", "Sondhi is so pure and uncorrupted" etc,etc.) is enough to make anyone sick!

Once again, PPP in conjunction with Toxin's boy scouts, the ones that pass themselves off as upstanding pillars of the law are continuing to do a fabulous job in assisting the PAD which is gaining strength from minute to minute.

For what it's worth

At the moment (from australia) I can not connect to http://www.nationmultimedia.com/index.php or http://www.bangkokpost.com/index.php both just time out. Makes me wonder if Thailand has been isolated from the rest of the world.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Try this: http://manager.co.th/Home/news1/astv120new.html

Confrontation getting hot...

More injured reported.

ROE: Added more info.

Edited by ^_^

I've witnessed two tear-gas attacks where there were no serious injuries (Berkeley, CA in the 1960's and WTO riots in Seattle). This is the first time I've become aware of the possibility of serious injuries under such an attack. After all, the purpose of tear-gas use is to disperse crowds without serious bodily injury.

Is this a different sort of ammunition being used, from that commonly used in western riot-control? Anyone know?

There certainly does seem to be an inordinate amount of blood-letting with this, Somchai's "soft approach", compared to other tear-gassing episodes...

Imageaspx5432.jpg

TOC

unrest_ww107.jpg

Associated Press

This weapon could do the above...

r1440190081.jpg

Thai riot police face-off with anti-government demonstrators protesting outside Parliament in Bangkok October 7, 2008. Thai riot police clashed with protesters in the capital on Tuesday, injuring 69 people, as campaigners intensified their four-month bid to unseat the government.

REUTERS

Bomb attack in front of Chart Thai Party kills a woman

A bomb exploded at a jeep in front of Chart Thai Party on Sukhothai Road killed a woman on Tuesday The woman whose name is not known was sitting in the jeep when the bomb exploded.

The blast tore apart the vehicle which was believed to belong to anti-government protesters.

Police have cordonned the area so that firefighters can extinguish the blast.

Vehicles parking nearby were damaged.

-The Nation-

report here:

How do they know if she is dead?

Did she wear a yellow headband and Polo shirt?

Or were these her last words?

Edited by Samuian

I've witnessed two tear-gas attacks where there were no serious injuries (Berkeley, CA in the 1960's and WTO riots in Seattle). This is the first time I've become aware of the possibility of serious injuries under such an attack. After all, the purpose of tear-gas use is to disperse crowds without serious bodily injury.

Is this a different sort of ammunition being used, from that commonly used in western riot-control? Anyone know?

There certainly does seem to be an inordinate amount of blood-letting with this, Somchai's "soft approach", compared to other tear-gassing episodes...

Imageaspx5432.jpg

TOC

unrest_ww107.jpg

Associated Press

This weapon could do the above...

r1440190081.jpg

Thai riot police face-off with anti-government demonstrators protesting outside Parliament in Bangkok October 7, 2008. Thai riot police clashed with protesters in the capital on Tuesday, injuring 69 people, as campaigners intensified their four-month bid to unseat the government.

REUTERS

Looks more like a close range shot-gun blast.

"Wounds are not caused by tear gas, but powerful explosives : doctors

Vachira Hospital's director Dr Wanchai Charoenchokthavee said the protesters's wounds were not likely to be from tear gas.

Wachira Hospital doctors are treating several protesters who were injured after police fired tear gas into the anti-government protesters at the Parliament on Monday morning.

Police insisted that they used only tear gas to disperse the protesters who blocked the Parliament so that Members of Parliament from attending Somchai government's policy address on Tuesday.

"Judging from wounds of the victims we saw in the operation room, we believed that the wounds did not cause by tear gas," Wanchai said.

The doctors said the wounds were caused by powerful explosives which can destroy tissues and bones.

Despite police insisted of using tear gas, several photos showed one protester lost his leg and another protester lost his foot.

Wanchai said a total of 47 people received treatment at the hospital. Most of them had wounds on the bodies.

Santi Larnwong, 22, said he suffered several wounds on his body but will continue joining protests against the government."

from http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/10/07...es_30085339.php

There are some reports of police stopping ambulances at parliament and one of them shooting out the tyres. I dont know how reliable this is but it doesnt sound good.

They did that before, also.

If it's tear gas being fired, there is a lot of it, because you can hear regular blasts in the background.

You can see from the body language and facial expressions of the police and the demonstrators that things are boiling up and up. If this is to come to a head, then it would seem that this evening is the likely time. Doesn't look like the happy clapping party atmosphere of past weeks.

Edited by Sunderland