Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

PAD to organise mass rally on Sunday to counter latest attack on protesters

In response the latest attack on anti-government protesters, People's Alliance for Democracy will organise a mass rally on Sunday and will march to show their anger over the government and police's violence on them.

PAD's co-leader Sonthi Limthongkul said in a press conference on Thursday that the latest attack which killed one protester and injured many others clearly showed that the government joined hands with police to block the protesters' rights of peaceful protests.

Sonthi encouraged people to join the mass rally which will start at 2pm on Sunday and they will move the protest out of the Government House. However Sonthi did not say where the protest will go.

Source: The Nation - 20 November 2008

This is exactly the motive why PAD could have bomb themselves You fool!. So they can gain support and gather enough people for an up-raising.

You really want to milk that B.S. for all it's worth don't you?

Oh that words uprising...

they have been up-raising peoples ideas for some time.

You really think they want a revolution, or to just get rid of Thaksins's cronies?

Silly question you're hardcore.

The PAD have been able to garner MASSIVE support in their quest to put a stop to Taksin The Self Serving Demagogue and his ilk, for the past six months (and for those of you who are still in any doubt as to his motives, just take a look at who he chose to act as his poxy (sic) 'government' :o .

Did the PAD need to 'bomb themselves' to this end? er, No! Do we, or do we not have an awful lot of stupid, ignorant, delusional and uninformed posters on this forum as to the aims of that sad, pathetic, cast out Taksin, Yes! Idiot.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just noticed this, apologies if its been posted elsewhere...Dec 25, lo a star appeared in the East....speechless.

Thai former PM Thaksin or ex-wife might return on Dec. 25

www.chinaview.cn 2008-11-20 20:31:06 Print

BANGKOK, Nov. 20 Xinhua -- Thailand's ruling People Power Party MP Pracha Prasopdee on Thursday hinted that either former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra or his ex-wife Pojaman might return from exile on or before Dec. 25, a Thai media reported.

"Just carefully monitor Thaksin's phone-in on December 13 and see what will happen on December 25 when someone is supposed to arrive by a THAI flight from Hong Kong to Bangkok's Suvanabhumi Airport at 9:45 a.m. (0245 GMT)," Pracha Prasopdee told The Nation news website in an interview.

Pracha said Thaksin's opponents should respect the justice system, otherwise the situation might trigger bloodshed.

If Thaksin returns, the authorities are obligated to arrest and send him to jail but before doing that, they should take precautions because a large number of supporters will turn up to rally behind him, he said.

He said he saw no reason why Thaksin would not be willing to serve his jail term.

If the country is to overcome its political predicament, all sides should support the passage of a legislation granting amnesty to rival camps, he said, arguing that the draft legislation should be on a fast track for debate at the next House session in January.

The amnesty would allow a fresh start for all sides, including the People's Alliance for Democracy and is the only hope to overcome turmoil, he said.

Thaksin was ousted in a coup in September, 2006 and went into self-exile in London before his and Pojaman's visas were revoked.

Thaksin was now believed in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Thaksin and Pojaman reportedly ended their 32-year-old marriage last Friday at the Thai consulate in Hong Kong.

On Oct. 21, Thailand's Supreme Court for Political Office Holders sentenced Thaksin to two years in jail for abusing his powers as prime minister in 2003 by allowing his wife to bid on a plot of land put up for public auction.

Editor: Jiang Yuxia

Controversial general warns PAD more will die on Sunday

Maj Gen Kattiya Sawasdiphol, a pro-Thaksin army officer, Thursday warned the People's Alliance for Democracy that a massacre would happen Sunday if they hold a mass demonstration in front of Parliament.

"I would like to say that anyone wanting to join the rally should reserve a temple for his or her own funeral," Kattiya said. "Being united, you will be slain in group."

He said the bomb attack inside the Government House early Thursday would not be the last one but PAD opponents would launch bomb attacks against it every night.

Kattiya earlier faced a disciplinary probe for having threatened the PAD with attacks by warriors he had trained.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30088941

-----

Speechless!!!

Making threats to massacre groups of people! I too am speechless.

Aren't there laws here to prosecute people for inciting hatred, or is there no real rule of law here anymore?

Sondhi has been inciting lies and hatred for a long time and he is still out there so if someone from the other side says something you are calling for laws? PAD use strong language all the time so why cant this guy? You are going a bit too ahead of yourself here. Have you heard of Freedom of speech.?

I second that. If there is such law, Sondhi will be the first one to go to jail.

Do the PAD have the right to protest? YES (A right that PPP tried to take away IIRC)

Do the PAD have the right to create roadblocks, storm government house, close airports ect? NO.

No doubt there are laws in this country against this and if the courts decide that their leaders should go to prison then so be it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does Kattiya have the right to freedom of speech? YES (Odd how PPP have not tried to stop him)

Does Kattiya have the right to incite violence and blatantly advocate the murder of many people? NO. The nutter should be investigated and should the courts decide that he should go to prison then so be it.

If you are going to argue then at least look at both sides of the coin would you, neither side have been angels in this mess.

Grenade appears to have been fired from CSC building: Police

Police bomb disposal officers checked the explosion site inside the Government House and speculated that the grenade that killed a protester and injured many others Thursday appeared to have fired from a grenade launcher from a building of the Civil Service Commission head office.

Metropolitan Police Division 1 Commander Anan Srihiran led a team of bomb disposal officers to inspect the explosion scene. Gen Pathompong Kesornsuk, a military officer who supports the People's Alliance for Democracy, accompanied the police to make the inspection.

They spent about 30 minutes gathering evidence as well as took a sample of the canvas roof of the tent on which the grenade fell on and exploded.

Anan said police had yet to test the gun powder left on the tent roof and other evidences before they could determine the type of the bomb. But he said it was likely that the grenade was fired with a launcher from a building of the CSC head office.

- The Nation / 2008-11-20

Los78>> Will you issue an apology?

Police bomb disposal officers checked the explosion site inside the Government House and speculated that the grenade that killed a protester and injured many others Thursday appeared to have fired from a grenade launcher from a building of the Civil Service Commission head office.

Metropolitan Police Division 1 Commander Anan Srihiran led a team of bomb disposal officers to inspect the explosion scene. Gen Pathompong Kesornsuk, a military officer who supports the People's Alliance for Democracy, accompanied the police to make the inspection.

They spent about 30 minutes gathering evidence as well as took a sample of the canvas roof of the tent on which the grenade fell on and exploded.

Anan said police had yet to test the gun powder left on the tent roof and other evidences before they could determine the type of the bomb. But he said it was likely that the grenade was fired with a launcher from a building of the CSC head office.

Apology for what? I never stated any fact and they have not caught any bombers or anyone linked to the incident... So it could be any third party involved or aligned to any side for whatever reason. Please remember that PAD have ex generals and ex military in their ranks. Sondhi may of not paid one of his guards and they could be out for revenge. I dont believe anything that comes from ASTV as it is too one sided to even consider so their are many possibilites about the incident. I like to keep a open mind especially when their is no one caught red handed. Unlike PAD guards with their IDs caught with bombs. That tells me something about the group. Why have bombs in the first place if you are a peaceful group?????? So you see keeping a open mind is the only way to be so what do you want a apology for? Keeping a open mind and questioning what I read in the Nation? It just seems strange to me that all of a sudden PAD are calling in their masses to cause havoc after this incident which has not been proven to any one side. Dont you think its all just an excuse for them?. I do.

Edited by Los78

LOL .. have you heard anything else about that case? No .. why not? it was a fiction.

and LOL #2 ... Sae Daeng says it is going to happen ... it happens. Does he distance himself from it? No .. he says more is coming.

Yes the PAD has been respectful during the recent funeral .. but with this new reality of being attacked often and with deaths caused they seem to be willing to step it up and bring the protest from Samak's old office .... to Parliament.

As for your 'freedom of speech' claim, LOS78 ... sorry but nowhere in the world is an army officer allowed to threaten crowds with continued bombings without the permission of his bosses. No normal citizen would be allowed to under any circumstances and in most countries they would be guilty of terrorist threats (and in Sae Daeng's case apparently terrorist acts!)

Maj Gen Kattiya Sawasdiphol, a pro-Thaksin army officer, Thursday warned the People's Alliance for Democracy that a massacre would happen Sunday if they hold a mass demonstration in front of Parliament.

"I would like to say that anyone wanting to join the rally should reserve a temple for his or her own funeral," Kattiya said. "Being united, you will be slain in group."

He said the bomb attack inside the Government House early Thursday would not be the last one but PAD opponents would launch bomb attacks against it every night.

Kattiya earlier faced a disciplinary probe for having threatened the PAD with attacks by warriors he had trained.

-----

Speechless!!!

Agreed, dangerous and inflaminatory remarks like this add nothing to the desired aim of a majority of the people which is to bring this current crisis to a speedy end. It is another example how polarized opinion has become amongst certain factions.

What is needed is dialogue and some kind of peaceful compromise not more violence and bloodshed. Both sides should be seeking ways to avoid confrontation and provocation not making belicose statements that come Sunday may have to be paid for with more injuries and deaths

Losing Ones Senses in 7/8 time

Open minded??? HUH?

That's not an open mind,

that's a mind set, and made up,

to find one rational to all exigencies.

You believe clearly what you WANT to believe.

Nothing more nothing less.

Bangyai,

we don't always agree,

but sometimes we do, this is one time.

An example of disagreeing people who CAN see the others points

from time to time. Some others will never see but what they wish to.

Edited by animatic

-----

Speechless!!!

Agreed, dangerous and inflaminatory remarks like this add nothing to the desired aim of a majority of the people which is to bring this current crisis to a speedy end. It is another example how polarized opinion has become amongst certain factions.

What is needed is dialogue and some kind of peaceful compromise not more violence and bloodshed. Both sides should be seeking ways to avoid confrontation and provocation not making belicose statements that come Sunday may have to be paid for with more injuries and deaths

This is consider very mild, compared to what PAD, especially Sondhi advocate on stage. Just turn on ASTV if you don't believe me. However, you must understand Thai.

LOL .. have you heard anything else about that case? No .. why not? it was a fiction.

and LOL #2 ... Sae Daeng says it is going to happen ... it happens. Does he distance himself from it? No .. he says more is coming.

Yes the PAD has been respectful during the recent funeral .. but with this new reality of being attacked often and with deaths caused they seem to be willing to step it up and bring the protest from Samak's old office .... to Parliament.

As for your 'freedom of speech' claim, LOS78 ... sorry but nowhere in the world is an army officer allowed to threaten crowds with continued bombings without the permission of his bosses. No normal citizen would be allowed to under any circumstances and in most countries they would be guilty of terrorist threats (and in Sae Daeng's case apparently terrorist acts!)

Yes and no country in the world lets a group of people plunder, damage, occupy their government house with out any action taken against them. And then let them threaten to take over parliament and hold a country to ransom... To believe PAD are all peaceful people, you really need to wake up and look at all the footage that is out there and the news of their guards being caught red handed with bombs. PAD strength is its propaganda and you just need a history lesson to see how propaganda is used to sway opinion and cause events to occur. The fact is somewhere else but sadly some of you seem to believe what Nation and ASTV tell you.

LOS78

Comparing apples to oranges again I see ... well if you can't win a point honestly why not try the old bait and switch. The report of the alleged PAD guards being caught with stuff sure hasn't seen any action has it? Why? It was hogwash. Face it the Gov't would have made a huge show of that and kept it front page. It was just the police trying to time a faked incident to go in with the reports that were due out on their action the coming Tuesday.

I do not think ANYONE here thinks the PAD is 'all peaceful people'. That being said they are not also out attacking people for the most part and there is no evidence of them ever using explosives against anyone.

The issue you are trying to cloud with this is simply Sae Daeng's atrociously irresponsible remarks. When you get caught saying "free speech" you then try and shift to another topic.

Many times in history groups of people have held mass protests on government property and NOT been attacked by governments. There is the concept of zero return at play in attacking a massed group that are causing no ongoing threat. They become martyrs. People in the US still remember Kent State. There is zero return on the government doing anything about the people massed at Gov't house. There could be an argument for setting up roadblocks and denying them a move of venue to Parliament but after the fiasco in October they don't have the credibility to do that. ooooops poor planning really CAN mess you up!

-----

Speechless!!!

This is consider very mild, compared to what PAD, especially Sondhi advocate on stage. Just turn on ASTV if you don't believe me. However, you must understand Thai.

What do you mean this is considered very mild to what Sondhi, via ASTV, advocates on the stage? Since half the population of the town i live in are big fans of the PAD, i've had ASTV played to me day-in day-out for 6 months. As an interpretor of Thai>English and of course understanding Thai (i'm not even fan of the PAD) i can seriously say however, that i have never heard Sondhi on ASTV advocating violence like Sae Daeng! He may have a big mouth, screaming this and that but he has only ever said on stage about a non-violence approach (even though this in reality may not be true for some other PAD) Please don't pass on false infomation like that to non-speaking Thai language folk.

I notice CuttySark is in South Kensington (Thaksin has property there and one of his daughters resides there much of her time) I hope Cutty isn't actually a member of the Thaksin clan! :o

Edited by Stephen Cleary

-----

Speechless!!!

Neither party is interested in bringing this to a speedy end. There is too much money, power, influence and face to be gained or lost on both sides to allow it to be anything but a zero end game.

Edited by Thai at Heart

LOS78

Comparing apples to oranges again I see ... well if you can't win a point honestly why not try the old bait and switch. The report of the alleged PAD guards being caught with stuff sure hasn't seen any action has it? Why? It was hogwash. Face it the Gov't would have made a huge show of that and kept it front page. It was just the police trying to time a faked incident to go in with the reports that were due out on their action the coming Tuesday.

I do not think ANYONE here thinks the PAD is 'all peaceful people'. That being said they are not also out attacking people for the most part and there is no evidence of them ever using explosives against anyone.

The issue you are trying to cloud with this is simply Sae Daeng's atrociously irresponsible remarks. When you get caught saying "free speech" you then try and shift to another topic.

Many times in history groups of people have held mass protests on government property and NOT been attacked by governments. There is the concept of zero return at play in attacking a massed group that are causing no ongoing threat. They become martyrs. People in the US still remember Kent State. There is zero return on the government doing anything about the people massed at Gov't house. There could be an argument for setting up roadblocks and denying them a move of venue to Parliament but after the fiasco in October they don't have the credibility to do that. ooooops poor planning really CAN mess you up!

His remarks in English are strong I agree. But I see only that it is a short article from Nation that have got you all jumping. Maybe the Nation would of spiced up the remarks when they translated it into English as their C grade journalist team is known for that. Nice of you to bring up your American History but sadly we are in Asia and as you can see things work differntly in this part of the world. In USA people vote governments out and thats exactly how it should work here but obviously you have a problem with an elected government in Thailand. Also the government is trying to have some dialogue with the PAD leadership but it seems that PAD are not interested so sorry but I dont see any mistake from the government's part in solving the problem but more from Sondhi and his henchmen.

LOL .. again you veer away from something you just said "No country in the world would allow"

and you don't see any mistakes with Oct 7th?

BTW ... I read and speak Thai .. not to mention that those are direct quotes!

LOS ... you never stand by what you have said in any previous post and that really is pathetic. You say something .. I show that you are wrong .. you reply with "but this is" in an attempt not to be stuck owning what you said before.

I don't think the police investigators need to look much further to see who may have been behind the bomb attack Thursday. Two references from Kattiya so far:

He (Kittiya) said the bomb attack inside the Government House early Thursday would not be the last one but PAD opponents would launch bomb attacks against it every night.

Now that he has been promoted to an aerobics specialist:

"The army chief wants me to be a presenter leading aerobic dancers. I have prepared one dance. It's called the throwing-a-hand-grenade dance."

Kitiya's promotion: http://www.bangkokpost.com/211108_News/21Nov2008_news02.php

What is there to negotiate?

Thaksin comes back, serves his time. Period.

Now, he doesn't want that, of course, he wants the reds to break him out.

"No country in the world would allow...." - what is the country? People who want to see Thaksin serve his punishment ARE the country. His brother in law masquerading as a PM is NOT the country.

When Samak tried to crack down on PAD "the country" - army, police, civil society - all told him to in no uncertain terms that he works for Thaksin, he has no mandate to command "the country" to kill its own citizens.

-----

Speechless!!!

What do you mean this is considered very mild to what Sondhi, via ASTV, advocates on the stage? Since half the population of the town i live in are big fans of the PAD, i've had ASTV played to me day-in day-out for 6 months. As an interpretor of Thai>English and of course understanding Thai (i'm not even fan of the PAD) i can seriously say however, that i have never heard Sondhi on ASTV advocating violence like Sae Daeng! He may have a big mouth, screaming this and that but he has only ever said on stage about a non-violence approach (even though this in reality may not be true for some other PAD)

Please don't pass on false infomation like that to non-speaking Thai language folk.

I notice CuttySark is in South Kensington (Thaksin has property there and one of his daughters resides there much of her time) I hope Cutty isn't actually a member of the Thaksin clan! :o

he's no more a Shinawatra than this other "Kensington" resident:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/AlKing-m67627.html

who was evicted from the forum just 2 days before Cuttysark moved in...

Edited by sriracha john

What is there to negotiate?

Thaksin comes back, serves his time. Period.

Now, he doesn't want that, of course, he wants the reds to break him out.

"No country in the world would allow...." - what is the country? People who want to see Thaksin serve his punishment ARE the country. His brother in law masquerading as a PM is NOT the country.

When Samak tried to crack down on PAD "the country" - army, police, civil society - all told him to in no uncertain terms that he works for Thaksin, he has no mandate to command "the country" to kill its own citizens.

Don't get so worked up about a deluded troll like LOS(er). You know he has been sent, like other toxic minions, to create division, confusion and ripe territory for this imagined glorious comeback of Capn Moonface, the paymaster general and overlord. It's just not worth the effort imho Plus. Like his hero, he shoots himself in the foot with nearly every post, but loves the attention when people push tidbits through the cracks in the bridgeplanks to his dark and dank world.

A dangerous crackpot.... with automatic weapons.... :o

Two army panels to probe Sae Daeng's anti-PAD stand

Accused of scaring public, insulting boss

Army Commander-in-Chief Anupong Paojinda has appointed two inquiry committees to investigate army specialist Khattiya Sawadipol, or Sae Daeng, accusing him of damaging the army's reputation, insulting his supervisor and frightening the public, said army spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd. Gen Anupong appointed the committees after Sae Daeng warned that there would be daily bomb attacks at PAD rally venues. Sansern said Maj-Gen Khattiya's remarks have resulted in the army's image being tarnished since the public may believe the army was ignoring a potentially violent situation. Maj-Gen Khattiya also remarked that he would attack his boss, the Army Chief, Col Sanserm alleged. According to Sansern, the two committees are the military disciplinary inquiry committee and the military criminal inquiry committee. If found guilty of insulting or threatening his supervisor, Khattiya could face a maximum sentence of up to three years in jail, he said. Khattiya yesterday denied all charges laid against him, while insisting that PAD demonstrators should leave Government House after the royal cremation ceremony. Still, he predicted a major violent event would take place at Government House after the royal cremation ceremony.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/131108_News/13Nov2008_news11.php

====================================================================

His first prediction was eerily and fully realized.... will his second one be too? :D

Yes... the automatic-weapon-toting lunatic was precisely spot on.

redshirtlunatic.jpg

from the Post this morning....About 40 Senators demanded the Prime Minister investigate army specialist Maj-Gen Khattiya Sawadipol, also known as Sae Daeng, who issued a warning in advance about bomb attacks on PAD protesters.

Senator Prasarn Marukpitak told a press conference Maj-Gen Khattiya had recently made several predictions that grenades would be fired at PAD supporters after the royal cremation ceremony was over.

"Every time Sae Daeng talked about an attack, an attack took place," Mr Prasarn said.

Edited by sriracha john

It did not say who fire the Grenade. Are you ruling out that it could be a member of PAD? Or do you think it is the police.

It did not say who fire the Grenade. Are you ruling out that it could be a member of PAD? Or do you think it is the police.

Best choice is this Sae Daeng guy, or someone he trained and controls.

Only takes a squad of his acolytes to pull of this chaos. Even one good one.

He announces when and where and it happens. And people die.

Not coincidence.

Some police are totally Thaksin minions.

If you imagine Thai police have never killed anyone for their own reasons,

you are living in a fantasy world.

PAD bombing themselves, just a non-starter, these guys like the limelight,

but there is just no NEED on any propaganda level, for raising sympathy,

by such a lunatic act. And it IS a lunatic act: see M16 /stuffed animals picture above.

Besides the elite don't want a national uprising in the streets French Revolution style.

They want Thaksin's fingers pried from the controls permanently, and not much more.

Edited by animatic

Seh Daeng hopping mad

WASSANA NANUAM

Maj-Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol was furious yesterday over the new assignment given to him by army chief Gen Anupong Paojinda - to promote aerobics.

Khattiya: The dancing warrior

The army specialist, also known as Seh Daeng, has been ordered to be part of an army team promoting better health and sports. The team, led by Lt-Gen Chirasit Kesakomol, another army specialist, will meet Maj-Gen Khattiya next Thursday to work out a plan to promote aerobics at various market places.

Maj-Gen Khattiya said his new job was not suitable for him, as he considered himself a fighter.

"It is ridiculous to send me, a warrior, to dance at markets," he said. He also blasted the army chief for breaking a gentleman's agreement to promote him after Gen Anupong became the army leader.

"The army chief wants me to be a presenter leading aerobic dancers. I have prepared one dance. It's called the throwing-a-hand-grenade dance," said Maj-Gen Khattiya, a strong critic of the People's Alliance for Democracy.

:o:D

When Gen. Panlop wanted to take over PAD if Chamlong got arrested, anti-PAD squad was all over this forum.

Where are they with this Kattiya character and Panlop promising to dislodge Chamlong from the govt. house?

I guess they will come flying with condemnations if Kattiya says something in support of PAD, until then - no comment. Long live the red revolution in the name of democracy.

Give me just ONE name among anti-PAD red movement that you could trust with building democracy in this country? If PAD leadership makes them puke - what about the reds? Swallow it to avoid embarassment?