Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

Controversial general warns PAD more will die on Sunday

Speechless!!!

Agreed, dangerous and inflaminatory remarks like this add nothing to the desired aim of a majority of the people which is to bring this current crisis to a speedy end. It is another example how polarized opinion has become amongst certain factions.

What is needed is dialogue and some kind of peaceful compromise not more violence and bloodshed. Both sides should be seeking ways to avoid confrontation and provocation not making belicose statements that come Sunday may have to be paid for with more injuries and deaths

Neither party is interested in bringing this to a speedy end. There is too much money, power, influence and face to be gained or lost on both sides to allow it to be anything but a zero end game.

That certainly seems to be true of the main protagonists. However, a majority of ordinary Thai people would like this crisis brought to an end as soon as possible. Next year is going to be tough enough as it is given the current global financial problems without the current political storm rocking the the Thai boat.

To Cutty Sark I would say that my previous posts have made it clear that I don't hold a candle for Sondhi. Quiet the opposite. With regards to him , I should say that if I had a very large candle I know where I should like to stick it. IMO, he and the Cheshire cat ( Chamlong ) are what put a lot of people off the PAD.

As it is, a lot of people have expressed disappointment with the recent performance of the only other political candidates , Mr. Wishy Washy ( Aphisit ) and the Democrats. He seems to behave as if he ought to have won the last election on ' good looks ' alone. If you ask the adverage Joe what his policies and programes are , you would likely draw a blank ?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worries grow over rival rallies

The country is bracing for more turbulence this weekend with both the pro- and anti-government groups set to organise massive rallies, against a backdrop of fresh casualties following a bomb attack at Government House early yesterday morning.

Adding to growing tension were claims that either Thaksin Shinawatra or his ex-wife Pojaman would return to Thailand next month.

The People's Alliance for Democracy issued a statement yesterday calling for a mass anti-government rally this Sunday, just hours after the latest bomb attack against its members.

"The PAD leaders agreed unanimously to mobilise a large crowd of supporters at Government House on Sunday for the 'final offensive' before moving to Parliament to end the use of power by the government of the puppet, who is a murderer," the group said, alluding to PM Somchai Wongsawat.

The new effort is aimed at "making the final onslaught, stopping the use of powers by the tyrant government of the puppet murderer, and bringing down the House that is serving the Thaksin regime," said Sondhi Limthongkul, one of the core PAD leaders.

The rally will take place on the same day as a mass gathering at Suan Kaew Temple, where Thaksin again is scheduled to address his supporters via satellite.

Either Thaksin or Pojaman might return from exile on or before December 25, People Power Party MP Pracha Prasopdee claimed yesterday.

The claims fuelled tension, which rose significantly after a bomb blast killed one person and injured 26 at Government House. The attack is seen as a sign of the start of a new phase of political violence.

"Just carefully monitor Thaksin's phone-in on December 13 and see what will happen on December 25 when someone is supposed to arrive on a Thai Airways flight from Hong Kong at 9.45am," Pracha said.

Pracha said Thaksin's opponents should respect the justice system, otherwise the situation might trigger more bloodshed.

If Thaksin returns, the authorities are obligated to arrest and send him to jail but before doing that, they should take precautions because a large number of supporters will turn up to rally behind him, he said.

He said he saw no reason why Thaksin would not be willing to serve his jail term.

If the country is to overcome its political predicament, all sides should support legislation granting amnesty to rival camps, he said, arguing that this should be fast-tracked.

The amnesty would allow a fresh start for all sides, including the PAD, and would be the only hope for overcoming turmoil, he said.

The explosion near the PAD's main stage in the wee hours of yesterday caused injuries to 26 protesters at the rally site inside the compound.

One died in hospital and two were still in serious condition last night.

The PAD expressed regret for the latest loss of life and extolled the victim, 48-year-old Chon Buri resident Jenkit Kladsakhon, as a hero.

The statement said that after the recent blasts at the rally site, PAD core leader Chamlong Srimuang had sent written requests for agencies such as the police and military "to help stop killings of people in the city centre", but that the appeal proved to be fruitless.

The PAD said that with the increase in serious threats to the safety of its protesters, it could no longer continue with a peaceful protest at the current site.

Prime Minister Somchai said he saw no reason for the PAD to hold its protest at Parliament. He warned the group against inciting violence, saying police would be deployed to maintain law and order.

Somchai later said Deputy Prime Minister Olarn Chaiprawat would be caretaker prime minister during his trip to Peru for the Apec summit. He left for South America yesterday.

Source: The Nation - 21 November 2008

Parliament to brace for siege

Senate Speaker Prasopsuk Boondet on Friday said he will today hold talks with House Speaker Chai Chidchob to map out measures to brace for the planned siege at the Monday's parliamentary session.

Prasopsuk said he is prepared to either switch the meeting venue or suspend the session in order to avoid a confrontation with the PAD-led protesters.

The PAD has called a mass rally to lay siege on Parliament, starting on Sunday. Organisers have threatened to wage a "last battle" in order to bring about the collapse of government and House.

AND...... PM Somchai has left the country....

"Wasn't me Guv, I wasn't even there"

Thailand's Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat late Thursday assigned Olarn Chaipravat, one of his Deputy PM's, to take charge of government on his behalf for a week, amid fears that violence might occur with anti-government protesters

We're in good hands, if the Cabinet Minister asset declarations to the NCCC are any indicator...

The NCCC has revealed that...

Meanwhile the total assets of Deputy PM Olarn Chaipravat is estimated to be 130 baht.

AND...... PM Somchai has left the country....

"Wasn't me Guv, I wasn't even there"

Thailand's Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat late Thursday assigned Olarn Chaipravat, one of his Deputy PM's, to take charge of government on his behalf for a week, amid fears that violence might occur with anti-government protesters

We're in good hands, if the Cabinet Minister asset declarations to the NCCC are any indicator...

The NCCC has revealed that...

Meanwhile the total assets of Deputy PM Olarn Chaipravat is estimated to be 130 baht.

Yep, doesn't even own his own underwear.

And this the Thai economic czar.

How many final wars are PAD going to have??? I think they need to look up the word FINAL in their Thai-English Dic. There is clear linkage with recent events and PADs dwindeling popularity. It is obvious that Sondhi and his crew of misfits needed some event to rally its dwindeling numbers. Sad days.... Here we go again....

When Gen. Panlop wanted to take over PAD if Chamlong got arrested, anti-PAD squad was all over this forum.

Where are they with this Kattiya character and Panlop promising to dislodge Chamlong from the govt. house?

I guess they will come flying with condemnations if Kattiya says something in support of PAD, until then - no comment. Long live the red revolution in the name of democracy.

Give me just ONE name among anti-PAD red movement that you could trust with building democracy in this country? If PAD leadership makes them puke - what about the reds? Swallow it to avoid embarassment?

Plus you make a very very important point that the UDD draped in democracy brigade actually have little belief in democracy beyond having elections. Nobody should ever forget that they are trying to return to power Thailands biggest human rights infringer in decades. By being apologists and worse for the drug war the UDD/dodgy truths today mob identify themselves as having little belief in democracy and certainly fail to understand that a central facet of democracy is the right to trial, and I would also add the right not to be killed by some government inspired death squad on occasions led by lunatic power crazed government members some of whom were connected to abhorent forms of trade themselves. Of course the PAD are also undemocratic. They dont exactll hide it but we should never fall for the meme that the UDD equals democracy. that is pure spin. In this conflict it is all about power and nothing to do with democracy.

When Gen. Panlop wanted to take over PAD if Chamlong got arrested, anti-PAD squad was all over this forum.

Where are they with this Kattiya character and Panlop promising to dislodge Chamlong from the govt. house?

I guess they will come flying with condemnations if Kattiya says something in support of PAD, until then - no comment. Long live the red revolution in the name of democracy.

Give me just ONE name among anti-PAD red movement that you could trust with building democracy in this country? If PAD leadership makes them puke - what about the reds? Swallow it to avoid embarassment?

Given you it before. Abhisit and the Democrats would do nicely for me. More so than the PPP! I am consistent in that. They were close in the last one and should have done better than they did.

You are totally missing the point. There are elections in this country and the PAD are welcome to participate. If they win it, they win it. No problem, its the peoples choice.

Let here it from you "New Politics" supporters. How are you going to rid the country of a non elected, imposed/appointed leader that is back by the Army? You are not, and should you be unhappy with the way they performed then there is squat you or anybody else can do about it and you then have a new Burma on the block.

There are checks and balances in place now, only because they hedged their bets about PPP getting in. There will be no checks, balances and disent if you get the PAD installed governent. As during the coup, the Army will be in control of the northern PPP areas rooting out disent.

The problem with the PAD that you have totally failed to see is that they are not the peoples choice. FACT! A lot of people see this FACT. Don't wish for something you don't understand.

Try and let the red mist disipate before you post!

Worries grow over rival rallies

The country is bracing for more turbulence this weekend with both the pro- and anti-government groups set to organise massive rallies, against a backdrop of fresh casualties following a bomb attack at Government House early yesterday morning.

Adding to growing tension were claims that either Thaksin Shinawatra or his ex-wife Pojaman would return to Thailand next month.

The People's Alliance for Democracy issued a statement yesterday calling for a mass anti-government rally this Sunday, just hours after the latest bomb attack against its members.

"The PAD leaders agreed unanimously to mobilise a large crowd of supporters at Government House on Sunday for the 'final offensive' before moving to Parliament to end the use of power by the government of the puppet, who is a murderer," the group said, alluding to PM Somchai Wongsawat.

The new effort is aimed at "making the final onslaught, stopping the use of powers by the tyrant government of the puppet murderer, and bringing down the House that is serving the Thaksin regime," said Sondhi Limthongkul, one of the core PAD leaders.

The rally will take place on the same day as a mass gathering at Suan Kaew Temple, where Thaksin again is scheduled to address his supporters via satellite.

Either Thaksin or Pojaman might return from exile on or before December 25, People Power Party MP Pracha Prasopdee claimed yesterday.

The claims fuelled tension, which rose significantly after a bomb blast killed one person and injured 26 at Government House. The attack is seen as a sign of the start of a new phase of political violence.

"Just carefully monitor Thaksin's phone-in on December 13 and see what will happen on December 25 when someone is supposed to arrive on a Thai Airways flight from Hong Kong at 9.45am," Pracha said.

Pracha said Thaksin's opponents should respect the justice system, otherwise the situation might trigger more bloodshed.

If Thaksin returns, the authorities are obligated to arrest and send him to jail but before doing that, they should take precautions because a large number of supporters will turn up to rally behind him, he said.[/color]

He said he saw no reason why Thaksin would not be willing to serve his jail term.

If the country is to overcome its political predicament, all sides should support legislation granting amnesty to rival camps, he said, arguing that this should be fast-tracked.

The amnesty would allow a fresh start for all sides, including the PAD, and would be the only hope for overcoming turmoil, he said.

The explosion near the PAD's main stage in the wee hours of yesterday caused injuries to 26 protesters at the rally site inside the compound.

One died in hospital and two were still in serious condition last night.

The PAD expressed regret for the latest loss of life and extolled the victim, 48-year-old Chon Buri resident Jenkit Kladsakhon, as a hero.

The statement said that after the recent blasts at the rally site, PAD core leader Chamlong Srimuang had sent written requests for agencies such as the police and military "to help stop killings of people in the city centre", but that the appeal proved to be fruitless.

The PAD said that with the increase in serious threats to the safety of its protesters, it could no longer continue with a peaceful protest at the current site.

Prime Minister Somchai said he saw no reason for the PAD to hold its protest at Parliament. He warned the group against inciting violence, saying police would be deployed to maintain law and order.

Somchai later said Deputy Prime Minister Olarn Chaiprawat would be caretaker prime minister during his trip to Peru for the Apec summit. He left for South America yesterday.

Forced amnesty and a clear thread to the authorities, warning for the pending arrest of Takky - for how long will the powers to be look on?

Think like last time Pojamarn will come, testing grounds....

This will be the hottest test for the judiciary in Thailand! :o

The economic expert who has no economic ideas now gets to oversee the government becuase little Somchai is so weak. way to go. Shouldnt Olarn being working out the details of the rice pledging package that is mired in corruption, doubts and lack of real costing but is needed to bribe the millers and middlemen who maintain feudal control over the upcountry lands.

Plus you make a very very important point that the UDD draped in democracy brigade actually have little belief in democracy beyond having elections. Nobody should ever forget that they are trying to return to power Thailands biggest human rights infringer in decades. By being apologists and worse for the drug war the UDD/dodgy truths today mob identify themselves as having little belief in democracy and certainly fail to understand that a central facet of democracy is the right to trial, and I would also add the right not to be killed by some government inspired death squad on occasions led by lunatic power crazed government members some of whom were connected to abhorent forms of trade themselves. Of course the PAD are also undemocratic. They dont exactll hide it but we should never fall for the meme that the UDD equals democracy. that is pure spin. In this conflict it is all about power and nothing to do with democracy.

:o what can I add to that. Got to be the "sentence of the year".

:o what can I add to that. Got to be the "sentence of the year".

Democracy is about a lot more than elections, or at least it is if it is worth having.

Edited to add: most democracy advocates would also say choices in elections should be based on informed decisons made by the electorate in a civil society too, but I wont labour that point. Justr becaus eelections take place doesnt mean a country has democracy unless one were to take the minimalist democracy definition of say George Bush.

Is it truly a democracy if when elected at a ballot where the power of suggestion is widely employed a government immediatley stuffs every check and balance mechanism with its friends, turns to governing by exectuive order and bypassing the elected body and then slaughtering thousands of its own citizens on death lists drawn up by party functionaries? That happened in Thailand not so long ago and some want a return to that status quo. Surely there is a better option.

Edited by hammered

Grandopops, the current struggle is not about who wins the elections - it's about Thaksin refusing to accept and submit himself to the rule of law.

It has been that way since 2005.

In fact the matter should have been put to rest in 2001.

As you remember - I don't mind PPP running the country, as long as they work for the people and follow the laws.

Grandopops, the current struggle is not about who wins the elections - it's about Thaksin refusing to accept and submit himself to the rule of law.

As you remember - I don't mind PPP running the country, as long as they work for the people and follow the laws.

Another good point today. Nobody should be above the law and surely anyone trying to be is a very worrying trait especially one so linked to mass death.

I notice CuttySark is in South Kensington (Thaksin has property there and one of his daughters resides there much of her time) I hope Cutty isn't actually a member of the Thaksin clan! :o

he's no more a Shinawatra than this other "Kensington" resident:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/AlKing-m67627.html

who was evicted from the forum just 2 days before Cuttysark moved in...

it would not surprise me if one or more members of the shinawat clan or their arch supporters were participating in this forum. I would welcome such interaction - though would hope it doesn't digress to screaming and name-calling - as so often happens on Thai blogs. Indeed, that is one reason a Shinawat or two might be monitoring Thaivisa - because its tone is a bit more measured than Thai forums - plus, the Shinawats would want to get a sense of what the farang community are thinking. If any of their clan is involved, it would be appreciated if they would declare their affiliation, though perhaps that's against forum rules.

As for PM-designate Somchai, if he cared a hoot about Thailand, he would disallow any more call-ins from Thaksin and he would reign in any loose cannons under his control - namely Kattiya. Of course, he could do a lot more to assert a modicum of leadership, but just those two things alone would go a long way to diffusing potential problems looming on the horizon.

Maverick Thai general does the hand-grenade waltz

http://africa.reuters.com/odd/news/usnTRE4AK0UH.html

Fri 21 Nov 2008, 3:25 GMT

[-] Text [+]

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A maverick Thai general who has threatened to bomb anti-government protesters and drop snakes on them from helicopters has been reassigned as an aerobics teacher, the Bangkok Post said on Friday.

Major-general Khattiya Sawasdipol, a Rambo-esque anti-communist fighter more commonly known as Seh Daeng, reacted with disappointment to his new role as a military instructor promoting public fitness at marketplaces. "It is ridiculous to send me, a warrior, to dance at markets," he said, before launching an attack on his boss, army chief Anupong Paochinda. "The army chief wants me to be a presenter leading aerobics dancers. I have prepared one dance. It's called the 'throwing-a-hand-grenade' dance," he said.

Seh Daeng is something of a folk hero in Thailand on account of his reputed undercover exploits in Cambodia and Laos during the Cold War.

His predictions of grenade attacks against People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters occupying Government House made headlines last month, especially when they turned out to be correct.

One protester was killed and 23 wounded by a grenade blast on Thursday.

Seh Daeng has denied any involvement.

(Reporting by Ed Cropley; Editing by Darren Schuettler and Sanjeev Miglani)

From Bangkok Post yesterday, Nov. 20, on page 4: An extreme example of how the current strife is affecting Thai families:

Dad, daughter united in political extremes

WASSANA NANUAM

Despite warnings from her father of bombs being thrown at anti-government demonstrators, Khattiyaa Sawadipol refuses to stay away from the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protests.

This puts her in direct political opposition to her father, Khattiya Sawadipol, known as Seh Daeng, even though she still lives in the same house with the man who is a hardline opponent of the PAD and who has threatened bomb attacks on its rallies.

Maj-Gen Khattiya, an army specialist, has warned of a possible full-scale war at Government House that would include nightly attacks with hand and rifle grenades. That makes his only daughter a target if the threat is carried out.

"I am not afraid. Whatever will be will be," said Miss Khattiyaa.

The 27-year-old legal adviser at Siam Premier Law joined the PAD demonstration shortly after Government House was occupied as she opposes the government's attempt to rewrite the constitution and have a new parliament built in the Kiakkai area where she lives. She was close to the clash site between police and demonstrators during the crackdown near parliament on Oct 7.

She said she does not agree with everything the PAD stood for, but some issues were significant enough for her to join the demonstration. If people have political disagreements but opt not to demonstrate, Thai politics will never improve, she said.

Despite her father's fierce opposition to the PAD, Miss Khattiyaa said he had never tried to prevent her from joining the protests and that she would never be able to persuade him to change his political views.

"Dad has his own way. He is my father, whom I respect. But when it comes to political stances, no one can be forced [to change]," she said.

She lives with her father at their house in the compound of the 4th Cavalry Battalion Royal Guards in the Kiakkai area. Though they live under the same roof, they do not discuss politics.

"At home, my dad is lovely. He always makes me happy. Without mom, I have only my dad left. He is everything to me.

"Despite our differences, we need not fight. We must be open-minded and respect each other's freedom," she said.

Miss Khattiyaa said she only asked her father once not to use force against the demonstrators, following his warning of bombings at the PAD sites.

"If I am going to the demonstration, I will tell him I will be there so that I will be safe," she said.

Maj-Gen Khattiya told her she had to take care of herself at the rally site.

"I told her if she was there, she had to take care of herself. I can't help it if she is hit by a bomb or an RPG.

"I lit a joss stick and told my wife, who passed away four years ago, that the nation was more important than a daughter. I can reproduce another child but the country cannot be reproduced," he said.

Miss Khattiyaa thanked her father for inspiring her to become enthused with politics. She said he had always discussed politics with her and that finally sparked her political interest. She also used to be a secretary to Puea Pandin party leader Suvit Khunkitti.

She said she started going to the rallies with friends who are fellow law graduates from George Washington University in the United States.

Apart from joining PAD demonstrations, she also donates to the ASTV television station that broadcasts PAD protests.

Miss Khattiyaa admitted she was concerned about other people knowing she is Maj-Gen Khattiya's daughter.

"I wouldn't like to join the protest and hear others curse my dad. Naturally I have hard feelings because I am his daughter. I'd just like to be there as an ordinary person," she said.

A maverick Thai general who has threatened to bomb anti-government protesters and drop snakes on them from helicopters has been reassigned as an aerobics teacher

Seh Daeng (Maj-Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol) represents ALL those whom desperately seek to protect Thailand's cronies, thugs and crooks, to allow them to ensure Thailand remains trapped by corruption, collusion and nepotism (the only system they can thrive under). A 'utopia' for Thaksin & cronies where there is no penalty for vote-fraud, no 'pesky' independent agencies, no effective checks or balances, an entire nation trapped forever in time so the REAL 'privileged elite' (Thaksin and cronies) can continue to collude to plunder the state completely unfettered and protect each other at all costs (even a nation's...) :o

So we have PAD threatening the final push to topple the government; a maverick general threatening death and mayhem while doing the hand grenade waltz; the country potentially on the verge of economic meltdown, and rumours of a itinerant, stateless, convicted criminal (or two) returning to Thailand to further divide the populace; to say nothing of phoning into the red brigade rallies to stir up the pot to fever pitch.

And our beloved prime minister departs from the country and leaves one of his deputies (who hardly anyone has heard of and carries absolutely no discernible weight whatsoever) in charge.

Did I miss something? :o

You couldn't make it up.

Monty Python used to have more credibility. :D

Another good point today. Nobody should be above the law and surely anyone trying to be is a very worrying trait especially one so linked to mass death.

Always thought that THIS is what it is all about..... :o

and that Takky including his "supporters" are actually fighting the judiciary system of this country and NOT the PAD!

well, just a thought or 2.

PAD to mobilise 100,000 protesters from the South

The local chapters of the People's Alliance for Democrat set the target to mobilise 100,000 protesters from 14 southern provinces to rally in Bangkok on Sunday, PAD organiser Saroj Rakchan said on Friday.

The PAD has set up a rally site in front of Hat Yai railway station to rouse the crowds beginning today, Saroj said. Buses are ready for the 24-hour, non-stop departures to transport the protesters from today to Sunday.

The PAD has declared a showdown to bring about the collapse of the government and the House.

Sums it up nicely.

Problem remains they don't think democracy means that

they must obey the laws and work for the people.

Ah there's the rub!

Ah yes the South's gonna rise again.

Gotta pull out my old Lynrd Skynrd records.

Merde alors!

No wonder Somchai beat feet outa here.

He's from the south, if he's in charge and it goes bad...

he could NEVER GO HOME AGAIN....

Blame Olarn,

one of the few economically qualified punters in the government.

Must have his own mind, so a perfect scarficial lamb.

Edited by animatic

the Shinawats would want to get a sense of what the farang community are thinking. If any of their clan is involved, it would be appreciated if they would declare their affiliation, though perhaps that's against forum rules.

Do you really believe that Thaksin and his merry band of thieves give a rat's @rse about what the farangs think?

As if this wasn't bad enough...

A maverick Thai general who has threatened to bomb anti-government protesters

this red-shirt psychopath wants to...

drop snakes on them from helicopters

:o:D

Will someone please jab a big hypodermic of Thorazine in this guy's butt cheek ASAP?!?!?!

Edited by sriracha john

So we have PAD threatening the final push to topple the government; a maverick general threatening death and mayhem while doing the hand grenade waltz; the country potentially on the verge of economic meltdown, and rumours of a itinerant, stateless, convicted criminal (or two) returning to Thailand to further divide the populace; to say nothing of phoning into the red brigade rallies to stir up the pot to fever pitch.

And our beloved prime minister departs from the country and leaves one of his deputies (who hardly anyone has heard of and carries absolutely no discernible weight whatsoever) in charge.

Did I miss something? :o

You couldn't make it up.

Monty Python used to have more credibility. :D

another ingredient has been added to the soup, Mobi.... a nation-wide general strike...

State workers call for general strike on Tuesday

The State Enterprises Workers' Relations Confederation (SERC) called on Friday for a nation-wide strike by employees of all 43 state enterprises next week, in response to what the group alleges to be the government's violent means in dealing with demonstrators. Sawit Kaewwan, Secretary-General of SERC, said his group wants to pressure PM Somchai and the government to resign. State enterprise employees throughout the country should rally behind the PAD, starting on Nov 24 - next Monday, and go on strike indefinitely beginning the next day, until the government steps down. Mr Sawit claimed SERC has concluded that the government repeatedly used violence and brutality to suppress demonstrators, with the most recent example being the Thursday grenade attack which killed one PAD demonstrator at Government House and wounded more than 20.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132184

the Shinawats would want to get a sense of what the farang community are thinking. If any of their clan is involved, it would be appreciated if they would declare their affiliation, though perhaps that's against forum rules.

Do you really believe that Thaksin and his merry band of thieves give a rat's @rse about what the farangs think?

No, but the recent banning of Thaksin & his ex-wife from the UK, where they own their current home, is perhaps a reason why they need to start playing catch-up. Just as we farangs, now living in LOS, try to learn to understand our new home.

Or perhaps they really do wish to spend the rest of their lives, in such exotic garden-spots, as the UAE or BVI or Bahamas ? :o