Thai Roman Font

tezzainoz

I have seen the word 'Thai' written in a special font where the Letter T Goes upwards with a section on each end of the horizontal T

The h a i have small tail like italic

I can not find this sont so can any one tell me the name of it

I have seen the word 'Thai' written in a special font where the Letter T Goes upwards with a section on each end of the horizontal T

The h a i have small tail like italic

I can not find this sont so can any one tell me the name of it

Goole for "AW_Siam English not Thai Font"

Sorry that is not the Font

I hope I can load a pic of the font I need

with some luck you might find something on this page

http://www.1001freefonts.com/asian-fonts.php

IMHO the font looks like been modified or even entirely created by a graphic designer.

Its hard to determine with the small 3 character sample only.

None of the fonts in that link even remotely look like the one the poster is talking about. I agree that it's not a font and looks like it was made as a graphic. The "h" curls under the "a". If it were a font, there'd be at least a slight amount of seperation between each character.

Edited by AmeriThai

None of the fonts in that link even remotely look like the one the poster is talking about. I agree that it's not a font and looks like it was made as a graphic. The "h" curls under the "a". If it were a font, there'd be at least a slight amount of seperation between each character.

That's not necessary at all - consider fonts for Arabic! In fact, as 'h', 'a' and 'i' all end in identical curls, I think the glyphs may indeed be part of a font covering all 26 letters of the Roman alphabet.

That's not necessary at all - consider fonts for Arabic! In fact, as 'h', 'a' and 'i' all end in identical curls, I think the glyphs may indeed be part of a font covering all 26 letters of the Roman alphabet.

You might be right. It is pretty cool looking. I'm not questioning the letters have curls. What I'm saying is look at the 'tail' or 'curl' of the 'h'. The 'curl' ends well under and within the outermost edge of the 'a'. One might think if the background for each character is transparent then overlapping wouldn't matter. But I don't see how because transparent background or not, each character is still limited by its own frame. I have to admit the large "T" does looks familiar though. I have a CD I bought in Ayutthaya years ago with a zillion sets of Thai-style fonts that can also be shown as English letters, but I'm pretty sure that what's shown above isn't the same as any of those.

I've never seen Arabic fonts, so I don't know how they are designed. But if I were guessing, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't always blend seamlessly either, although perhaps it may seem very close to it. If they're designed for computers, they're probably limited by frames as well. I don't know of any way around that apart from actually designing an entire word as a graphic.

You might be right. It is pretty cool looking. I'm not questioning the letters have curls. What I'm saying is look at the 'tail' or 'curl' of the 'h'. The 'curl' ends well under and within the outermost edge of the 'a'. One might think if the background for each character is transparent then overlapping wouldn't matter. But I don't see how because transparent background or not, each character is still limited by its own frame. I have to admit the large "T" does looks familiar though. I have a CD I bought in Ayutthaya years ago with a zillion sets of Thai-style fonts that can also be shown as English letters, but I'm pretty sure that what's shown above isn't the same as any of those.

I've never seen Arabic fonts, so I don't know how they are designed. But if I were guessing, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't always blend seamlessly either, although perhaps it may seem very close to it. If they're designed for computers, they're probably limited by frames as well. I don't know of any way around that apart from actually designing an entire word as a graphic.

What you're talking about is known as "kerning" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerning ). Pretty cool when done by a professional who really knows his job, but can cause pretty unreadable text when done by somebody of the other kind.

/ Priceless

What you're talking about is known as "kerning" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerning ). Pretty cool when done by a professional who really knows his job, but can cause pretty unreadable text when done by somebody of the other kind.

/ Priceless

Then what tezzainoz is asking about could indeed be a font where the lowercase h/a combination can be closer with kerning enabled while at the same time the a/i combo wouldn't need it. There's always something new to learn about. The clarification is appreciated Priceless. Thank you. :o

I know I've seen the same text before. I think it was probably from a website, but I can't remember where. The design of the "T" is what caught my attention. If tezzainoz's example was a gif or jpg graphic, that wouldn't help knowing the name of the font, unless someone happens to know. Maybe tezzainoz can say where it was found.

• 2 years later...