Price Of Building Materials

I was told something similar but I cant see it myself. From what I can see steel is collapsing in price and concrete is approx: 20% down in terms of whats supplied but as we always see in Thailand, the average clown never likes to put down prices no matter what else is happening in the markets. Just wait a couple of months and see what happens. I suspect the cr#p will be hitting the fan in terms of Thailand's economy.

It double for Farangs and 20 to 40% increase for Thais

That is absolute none sense, building supply shops have one price that fits all, steel shops have printed price lists that are issued every few days to keep pace with the fluctuation of steel prices.

It double for Farangs and 20 to 40% increase for Thais

That is absolute none sense, building supply shops have one price that fits all, steel shops have printed price lists that are issued every few days to keep pace with the fluctuation of steel prices.

Absolutely correct! and the steel prices are very much linked to the price of oil/diesel.

It's a case of Thai economics 101 - less demand = raise prices to maintain income.

As sad as this may appear it does seem to actually work, unfortunately.

That's because everybody sticks together, and maintain the "policy" nationwide. Power to the people - it's the "Thailand popular front" in action :o .