Overstay But Have Visa?

A bit complex,but need some advice!!

I have a double entry visa from laos,i completed the first 60 days and got an extension from immigration for 30 days. Now the problem happened when I needed to do the border run to get another 60 days,and I was Incapable of going,so now im on max overstay,BAHT WISE,if I were to go now and pay the o'stay,would my visa still be in tact?

Also will I be able to get another visa,or do i have to leave the country for 180 days?

A bit complex,but need some advice!!

I have a double entry visa from laos,i completed the first 60 days and got an extension from immigration for 30 days. Now the problem happened when I needed to do the border run to get another 60 days,and I was Incapable of going,so now im on max overstay,BAHT WISE,if I were to go now and pay the o'stay,would my visa still be in tact?

Also will I be able to get another visa,or do i have to leave the country for 180 days?

What period of validity of your visa is shown in your passport ?

Your visa has a valid to or expires on date. If that is still good you can do border run and use 2nd entry.

Be sure you have the 20,000 baht when you do it.

The 180 days number ( 6 months) is only for visa exempt 30 day entries.

If your visa has expired you can still do a border run for a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Edited by ubonjoe

Your visa has a something stating like utilise before ***********. after that the visa is no longer valid and you cannot make use of the second entry.

No, you don't have to wait 180 days to get a new visa. What you refering to is the 90 days rule in a 6 month period. This onl;y applies to visa exempt entries, the 30 day stamps you get when you enter Thailand without a visa, and not in combination with a regular visa.

At Bt500 a day, the OP must have overstayed a minimum of 40 days beyond the 30 day extension. Thus, the minimum time period since he got his double entry tourist visa is 60+30+40 which is 130 days (likely to be more). If the visa is good for 6 months (not sure) then he will have 183-130- whatever he has stayed over 40 days which may mean it is now out of date.

As for what will happen, then whilst it is most likely he will be able to pay the 20k and come back, surely there must be the potential for questions as to why he could not utilise the 2nd entry within the 30 day extension and then to wait a minimum of 40 days seems to be begging for interrogation.

...If the visa is good for 6 months (not sure) then he will have 183-130- whatever he has stayed over 40 days which may mean it is now out of date...

The double-entry tourist visa from Laos usually must be utilised within 90 days from date of issue.

--

Maestro

Edited by Maestro
corrected visa validity period