Beer Glas And Service

Datsun240Z

Why is it that Thai people don't know what a decent Beer glas is :o ? Also they don't put a little foam top on the beer. :D Al glasses that i've seen, we use for coke or other kinds of juice :D , even in the Bars.

What also botters me, maybe more? That there tremendus amount of staff in a restaurant or coffee shop, and you can't even eat rlxd, bec constantly personal around you, if you know what i mean :D . And the also immediatly removo a cup or plate when you finish it. That i find very disturbing, especially when i'm eating with my girlfriend in a restaurant and want some moment for ourselves.

I don't see this in the European restaurants.

Why is it that Thai people don't know what a decent Beer glas is :o ? Also they don't put a little foam top on the beer. :D Al glasses that i've seen, we use for coke or other kinds of juice :D , even in the Bars.

What also botters me, maybe more? That there tremendus amount of staff in a restaurant or coffee shop, and you can't even eat rlxd, bec constantly personal around you, if you know what i mean :D . And the also immediatly removo a cup or plate when you finish it. That i find very disturbing, especially when i'm eating with my girlfriend in a restaurant and want some moment for ourselves.

In southern England you also won't get any foam on your beer. In fact if my husband ever gets foam on his beer, he will send it back and ask for it to be filled with beer not foam. Foam is all air so you don't get so much beer in a foam topped glass - or at least that's what he'll tell you.

Yeh the removal of plate thing is common all round Asia I think and it annoys us too - but hey it's not the end of the world. Enjoy your stay!

I recently went to see a show which included dinner (in the Uk). We were given plastic wine glasses and were left for 30 mins before they removed our dirty plates.

The ignorant thick necked waiter/bouncer informed us that they were not allowed real glass due to health and safety :D

I would say Thailand scores points on service

I lived in parts of Europe a decade and I agree, the service there was lacking. Often the only way to even see a waiter if you wanted the check was to stand up and head for the front door.

I recently went to see a show which included dinner (in the Uk). We were given plastic wine glasses and were left for 30 mins before they removed our dirty plates.

The ignorant thick necked waiter/bouncer informed us that they were not allowed real glass due to health and safety :o

I would say Thailand scores points on service

Jeez - well I'm glad that we've no plans to return to the UK at all. Did you find that most restaurants were not using glass glasses? What a sorry state of affairs. :D

Well u are asking for 2 kinds of services which u won't find anywhere in Thailand unless U order it in a bit more upmarket place BEFOREHAND!

Any normal Thai Restaurant - Eatery will leave everything on the table till you're gone.

Any other - bit more upmarket establishment will clean the table in front of you once u finished - the glass story is on another sheet - more in the 5 Star realm!

Well u are asking for 2 kinds of services which u won't find anywhere in Thailand unless U order it in a bit more upmarket place BEFOREHAND!

Any normal Thai Restaurant - Eatery will leave everything on the table till you're gone.

Any other - bit more upmarket establishment will clean the table in front of you once u finished - the glass story is on another sheet - more in the 5 Star realm!

I think we're probably talking about "Restaurants" rather than basic Eateries - not that there's anything wrong with basic Eateries.

In Germany we have a rule:

A good beer takes at least 7 minutes(draught one) and it looks like this:

1300558949_5f16f20e_bier.jpg

Missing it :o

Gerd

Gerd !!!!! Do you have to do this????? "you Sadist" .. a real draft Pils (most people her wouldn't know what that is) in a Pilsner Glass... yes it does take 7 minutes and yes its is worth the wait .. have a normal Beer in the mean time.

At least at the Bistro we make the effort and serve Beer in chilled Bear Glasses and I told my staff to let the customer poor himself because aTHai could not poor a beer if his/her life depended on it ....

Edited by JohnBKKK

Here is a proper beer... Gawd I miss my Colorado microbrews.....

..and if the OP doesn't like the service at his table when out dining, go to the USA. There you will be pissed because that didn't seat you, have a long wait putting your order in, waiting forever for the food to get to the table, and still expecting a 20% + tip!!!

post-46350-1223985017_thumb.jpg

post-46350-1223985054.jpg