The Off Topic Thread

bkkjames

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thithi, sorry for the confusion my comment coused.

In my homecountry when we say something like that it actually is positive meaning.

In my country when two people are in love or whatever you call it and one of the person looks a lot better than the other, we know it must be real love.

In Holland we do not give sh!t if someone has big money ore not when choosing a partner.

As I told you my GF is a bit ugly I know, but she is very honest and very nice to be with and we are a great team together.

So by saying he/she must have big money actually it means it must be true love, that's all it is.

I am aware of the stigma here in Thailand when seeing old fat guys walking around with young Thai (Bar) girls.

So I apologise to you as it seems that this stigma is still very deeply embedded in Thai society.

There are many examples of succesfull relations of foreigners and former bar girls even here on TV.

And you know why?

Because we do not care about where you come from or what you did before.

How ugly ore how pretty you look.

In the end it is about what you feel and think when you are together and feel happy.

So when I say he must have big money, actually I mean (as you are the better looking) it must be real love.

As I said this is the Holland point of view and does not really cover all of the views by other Western nations but I can assure you we do not have this whole face and class issue in the West.

That died about a 100 years ago same as this whole white skin thing.

:o

money means real love? - it doesnt make any senses here

"pay me 1000b love you long time, hun" - this is only what i could get to understand.

To be honest - "MOST" of Thai BGs love you cos of your money. And yes right, they don't care if you are ugly as long as you give them money then they love you.

Edited by thithi

Thithi, please read again.

We do not care about money.

If you had 1 Billion THB we would never ever be with you for that reason.

We would wanna be with you if we would feel good staying with you.

No matter how you look ore how much money you have, it is not important.

And with you I not mean you Thithi, it is general.

Many people in this world are just looking for someone to get along with.

And have happy moments together.

If I would have to choose between someone that not meet's the current standards of beauty but is honest and to someone that meets all requirements of today

but is obsessed by what the MSM says is required, I choose the first.

Thithi, I think you are a very interesting person with excepional knowledge of English and beside that you also talk sense.

Please do not think I would ever call somebody a XXXX I would never do that.

Kind regards,

Alex

:o

That is the whole problem here Thithi.

As soon as you as a Thai Girl are with a foreigner many peeps think you are with that person because of the money.

How can that view be changed?

How can we break that barrier?

I am asking you na, do Thai people believe in true love?

True love meaning you want to be with someone you feel happy with no matter how they look or how much money they have.

Would it be possible that Thai people finally change their view?

Forget about class, status, white skin and such?

Honest question, na.

Alex

"Minor" do believe in true love thingy and most of the Minor are at the certain age. [middle age [or a bit older]

Thai girls thesedays do care about their bf-to-be status more than feelings tho and it seems to be acceptable trend.

So being with someone ugly ... i mean not looking good, Other ppl will "automatically" think that he/she is rich. the following state is "sugardaddy's doll"

Thai always say "Look! she is very beautiful but she is with an ugly sugardaddy. he must be rich/ can afford her. she doesnt like poor people."

it is implying that she's a gold-digga. Bad class women - Phu Ying Mai Dee

and compare this ... you as a farang farmer and a thai farmer

which do you think typical bgs will choose?

and you may have heard that .. there is smth in our thai civilizations that is quite similar with Indian Ci. of course religions and...

it is Caste or Varna System ... Thai people will never think like Europeans as long as we believe in Indian religions [bhuddism and Hinduism]

we will never get rid of it ... we always use it, perfect standard, to judge people - of course we dnt even bother getting to know them first

to deal with people's belief is the dam_n hardest ever.

WE would have changed the "views" since King Rama the V - just IF we could.

There are still conservative heads in everywhere

Edited by thithi

Right take this in to general please!!!!!!!!!!!! FYI I can make anyone change there beliefs like 4 little hackers tied to a tree post while I break there heads now believe that I am god.

Thithi stop being so sensitive to non important things.

This is your 1st and final warning or you will be suspended..

1: You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law

I mean it.!!!!!!!!

Oh wait im not a mod… carry on :o muahahah

Som

tronyms....huh huh :D

lexiconjob

yea yea ya c sum1 sexc, am sure ta b a lexi!!

kamuadorkable sum1h :o

can you, hautexertion Yo!!

Duh yup czamB VelocityG

Yo bro ….hathosbarcode, perhaps? :D

NOW I AM CONFUSED....... KEEP CALM LIFE IS TOO SHORT - RICH OR POOR. :D

BT

Hey BT, where you been hiding ?? Are you up for the next footie night in BKK ???????/ :o

Hi Chavy, yes back in BKK and out with the Toad last night watching the footy. Are you back in BKK ? Have regular Sat night out to watch and "listen" to EPL at Crossbar pub, good clean and reasonable. " RECOMMENDED"

Hope to see you soon,

BT :D