I Got A Bottle Smashed Over My Head

KohKarrang

I just want to add a few things to this thread as I haven't even looked here over the last week or so:

To those saying I 'must have done something'/'these things happen for a reason' - that's total bu11shite, I had done nothing, 'ma completely quiet and unaggressive person, I'll smile at anybody and always offer to buy drinks and be nice to appease the people I'm with/locals/aggressors...

Ta22, I'm not sure if you read my original post or even understood it but I remember everything that happened, I said that I was sitting there finishing my beer when all of a sudden I was faced with two thai men and they proceeded to kick me in the face a few times each then they smashed a bottle over my head and that knocked me out, I then woke up with paramedics surrounding me, taping my head up, I remember everything except when I was knocked out.

I still get headaches now, I still get dizzy spells all the time, my sleeping pattern is all messed up, I'm paranoid about most younger Thais hanging around there even though I don't go there any more, I still have to see some people sometimes and they work around there, to wrap this thread up I just want to say that I am completely innocent, anybody who suggests anything otherwise has failed to read my posts or is just a naturally suspicious person.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to add a few things to this thread as I haven't even looked here over the last week or so:

To those saying I 'must have done something'/'these things happen for a reason' - that's total bu11shite, I had done nothing, 'ma completely quiet and unaggressive person, I'll smile at anybody and always offer to buy drinks and be nice to appease the people I'm with/locals/aggressors...

Ta22, I'm not sure if you read my original post or even understood it but I remember everything that happened, I said that I was sitting there finishing my beer when all of a sudden I was faced with two thai men and they proceeded to kick me in the face a few times each then they smashed a bottle over my head and that knocked me out, I then woke up with paramedics surrounding me, taping my head up, I remember everything except when I was knocked out.

I still get headaches now, I still get dizzy spells all the time, my sleeping pattern is all messed up, I'm paranoid about most younger Thais hanging around there even though I don't go there any more, I still have to see some people sometimes and they work around there, to wrap this thread up I just want to say that I am completely innocent, anybody who suggests anything otherwise has failed to read my posts or is just a naturally suspicious person.

I don't think anyone is doubting that you feel you are 100% free of blame in this. However, I have rarely if ever seen a Thai resort to violence against a farang as a random thing.

You honestly believe these two Thai guys were finishing their whiskey and said, hey let's go kick the crap out of that guy for fun? This may happen in the west where guys go looking for fights, I doubt this happens in Bangkok between Thais and farangs.

Something you did (either known or unknown to you) is the reason why you were attacked.

Mistaken identity - I would guess less a 3% chance.

Hope you get well soon.

why do people find it hard to believe that some drunk thais can just be spoiling for a fight and pick on the easy option, the guy sitting on the kerb minding his own business. i have not been on this forum long but on a daily basis i see certain posters going out of there way to dispute anything bad agaisnt thais.

thai guys are no different to western guys in they have false bravado when drunk and no doubt there is peer pressure and the desire to make yourself look tough. no doubt later that night they were in a bar somewhere telling some young impressionable thai girl how tough they are for giving a farang a kicking

cue someone now posting how its impossible for this to happen as all thais are peaceful and would never do such a bad thing

I don't think anyone is doubting that you feel you are 100% free of blame in this. However, I have rarely if ever seen a Thai resort to violence against a farang as a random thing.

I was walking to my hotel in Jomtien last year about 9pm and there were 3 Thais drinking from the back of a pick up, they seemed like your wealthier well to do Thais and they started questioning me in a threatening manner about where i was going and why im in LOS, i could easily have got into a fight for doing nothing more then walking home alone.

You honestly believe these two Thai guys were finishing their whiskey and said, hey let's go kick the crap out of that guy for fun? This may happen in the west where guys go looking for fights, I doubt this happens in Bangkok between Thais and farangs.

Thais have drunken fights amongst themselves all the time for no other reason then theyre drunk, their inhibitions towards Farangs are almost non existant now so it is likely to happen now and then.

Something you did (either known or unknown to you) is the reason why you were attacked.

Mistaken identity - I would guess less a 3% chance.

You sound like a bargirl speaking with the 3% comment, you werent there so no need to speculate.

Hope you get well soon.

No offence OP but you got a good hiding with no permanent physical scars, youve just got to get on with life, worse things happen to people, and not have these soppy anxiety feelings and fear of going places, it aint go to do you any good and nor is getting victim status.

All it calls for is a bit of good old fashioned British stiff upper lip, try doing some martial art or gym routine so you feel physically more able to defend yourself....or maybe running.

Edited by spiderman2

Thing is, the Thais fight like poofs...slap about everywhere with no coordination... :D

But it apparently beats the farang way, rolled up in the fetal position unconscious on the sidewalk.

:o

Heng, next time you are sitting somewhere minding your own business why dont you give me a call so me and a few mates can come give you a visit the thai way?

:D (its all good cause i included a smily)

Sometimes bad dudes just show up man out of the blue sometimes. This can happen anywhere.

I was in some completely off-the-track-bar down on the canal road south Chiang Mai one dark night.

I was really cool and low-key open-air bar, in the middle of nowhere, countryside, just chillin' and chatting with this one thai guy who worked as a taxi-driver.

He was alright but warned me that the area was dangerous for bikers on their own.

I pressed him for more on this and all he'd stress was the bike theft and robbery were common after dark outside the city by criminals on bikes.

I lot of me thought he was just acting out of over-caution.

He leaves and about 5 minutes later up shows some of the low-life rotten thai people I'd ever seen in a long time. Not tramps or beggars, but drink-fuelled morons. Not only that but I don't think they liked white people being at 'their' bar i guess. Maybe it's what he was warning me about?

Anyway I'm sitting there and you could just feel the atmosphere become pretty evil. Long stares and mutterings between each other, punctuated with farang all that sht.

But not friendly or 'join us at the table'. It was more a latent 'us against him' tone.

I didn't look bad at them, I smiled as they got off their bikes in friendship, no good just evil stares back.

Their mindset (I reckon looking back) was 'Farang coming to our bar?' ' He must pay!'

That's right their 'leader' kept talking in northern dialect but puncutating it with 'Money, money, you give us money for whiskey!'

This was no joke about though, the once chatty and friendly older lady had gone deathly quiet and looking the other way.

They kept at their table thankfully and I ignored them for about a minute, smiles still did no good, but, realising that there would be no end to the verbal 'abuse' I just paid for my drink and left without further incident.

This was about a year ago and it opened my eyes a bit.

The above story may seem a little crazy but that's how things happen in real life, truth really is stranger than fiction, especially in Thailand

Sometimes you can be at the wrong place, it happens unfortunately.

I think I was lucky that these bozo's where not quite drink fuelled and ready for a fight.

So the OP has, unfortunately been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Think of it as a spear, a bunch of discs with holes cut in them rotating around and around and every so often a set holes will meet.

If all the discs holes meet and the spear is thrust then something gets through thats when the bad sht happens.

I think you, OP, had a night-time meeting with the discs and spear, unfortunately.

Hope you recover fully mate. :o

Hello,

I know this is a bit late in the day for this topic, but if you read through from the 1st post from op till last their last. You will find lots of big holes in what they are saying.

I SAY TROLL!!!

GROW UP

type this when you was drunk by any chance?

I reckon you're the troll...

Can you please highlight the descrepancies in my story and I'll be happy to repeat the truth all over again.

TROLL

Edited by KohKarrang

I SAY TROLL!!!

If you're an expeirenced troll hunter and not just a paranoid silly man you might have checked my previous posts and topics to find that I am actually a regular poster and topic starter and none of my previous posts have been anything other than sincere and honest, or perhaps I was trying to rile a few old members by asking if anybody had LEGO for sale or perhaps asking where a child friendly swimming pool can be found in Pin Klao area is pushing the troll out too far..

I've read this thread from start to finish and it's just the typical TV response from some posters who just cannot accept the OP's comment that it was an unprovoked attack. Some people really need to leave the bubble they live in and learn.....

To the OP: Hope you're feeling somewhat better now and don't let it get you down. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time....

Thanks Judas, I am feeling better thanks :o

I despair at some of the things people say in response to other peoples threads, some of it is pure stupidity.

I've tried to leave this thread alone - part of the reason I started it was as a warning of other attacks and just to inform people that this CAN and DOES happen sometimes - but every time I look back at it there's been a snide comment or a doubting of my story, it's jsut ridiculous, people really do need to leave the bubble their in, why would I bother starting a thread about thisif it wasn't true? what would be in it for me to lie?? It's a stupid suggestion that I'm a troll, totally stupid.

I believe your story but I really don't think there is anything to worry about in Khao San Road. I've been out drinking there a hundred times and have never seen any violence aside from one time, and it was a fight between two groups of Thai dudes. The biggest obstacles there are the ladyboys that hang out on the streets late at night and harass every dude walking by. :o