I Got A Bottle Smashed Over My Head

KohKarrang

Not sure if this is the case with the OP, but the one and only time I got this kinda of treatment from a few locals was when I deserved it, quite honestly.

what did you do? :o

Well, I wasn't wearing a white shirt and bestowing the virtues of a good book to all in attendance. Usually these types of things involve one or two of the 7 deadly sins in combination from what I have seen over the years.

In my case is was Lust and Sloth. Luckily I still have my head.

So you got into a fight because you were horny and lazy? How does that work? You were shouting at girls from your balcony with propositions and an angry husband kicked your ass?

I have seen several fights on KaoSan Road the few times I have gone, It seems more violent then Ratchada, and that place is violent. Personal experience: One time 2 Thai men harrassed my girlfriends group of friends and as soon as my girlfriend seperated from them they tried to kidnap her, luckily a taxi driver actually stopped them (some of those taxi guys are alright). Another time some Thai guy started shouting at me and angrily saying "you're that guy!" I most certainly wasnt that guy but just kept smiling and then I noticed about 5 Thai guys peeking from around the corner wating for some stupid falang to get angry so they can pounce, I just kept smiling pretending like I didnt have a clue and he left me alone.

Did I say sloth? what is sin for being drunk out of your skull? sloshed? There isn't one... great.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nteresting story because normally if you are knocked out, you have no memory of the last half hour or so before it happened.

Possible, particularly if the impact was pretty heavy, but I wouldn't say that this is "normally" the case. Particularly not in my own personal experiences.

Thing is, the Thais fight like poofs...slap about everywhere with no coordination... :D

But it apparently beats the farang way, rolled up in the fetal position unconscious on the sidewalk.

:o

Heng, how old are you? 13, 14?

(I don't mean to stalk you, but you say such childish things they're sometimes hard to ignore - though I will try.)

I was out 2 nights ago on Khao San Rd...

That's so horrible! Im surprised that you're so nonchalant about the whole thing.

I would hire vigilantes for some payback. If I were a farang, it would be extremely

insulting if I got treated like that by some shrimpdick lowlife.

Please be careful next time.

Usually, that kind of episode tends to be triggered by some farang encroaching..at some point...on a Thai lady whom a Thai guy feels belongs to him...

Nothing in the OPs report makes any mention of female involvement anywhere along the way. But such things aren't always immediate. It could have been something much earlier in the evening, and the attackers could have waited until the right moment, or reinforcements, arrived.

Only the OP would know if this was possible in his case. My comment is only, a woman is often involved in these things somewhere.

I had been sitting with a quiet old piss-head lady I've known for years, talking with her for about an hour, not giving anybody any attention at all - same as always. So I know for a fact no lady was involved, I'm not a player, I don't go around randomly chatting up girls, I'm not that confident :D

Just checked in to see if we had got to the point where its all the OP's fault and if he dont like it he should pack his bags and go home.

Of course it's all my fault - I was the one sitting on Khao San Rd :D

Interesting story because normally if you are knocked out, you have no memory of the last half hour or so before it happened.

Interesting view because one minute I'm sitting there just about to light a smoke when 2 feet and a bottle collide with my head, the next thing I know I'm surrounded by lots of people and flashing lights from medical vehicles and in my experience it takes 2-3 minutes for these vehicles to arrive on KS Rd so I was 100% knocked out I can guarantee, I can't think of another instance where 3 minutes is lost...can you?

Thing is, the Thais fight like poofs...slap about everywhere with no coordination... :D

But it apparently beats the farang way, rolled up in the fetal position unconscious on the sidewalk.

:D

Cheers :o

I was commpletely innocent and defenceless, even if I had seen it coming, as a previous poster has said maybe I was lucky I was unaware as I may have come off worse had put up some kind of resistance!

That's so horrible! Im surprised that you're so nonchalant about the whole thing.

I would hire vigilantes for some payback. If I were a farang, it would be extremely

I think of payback every few minutes, usually after each dizzy spell I get... But whats the point? I would feel guilty that maybe they had serious injuries or would in some way suffer for a while after the payback, I can't live with that, like I said before, I'm more disappointed than angry, if I'd done something to deserve this I could reason with myself "kohkarrang, you deserve this" but I don't.

All I want to do now is move on, not go to KS Rd again & hope others are more lucky.

(I don't mean to stalk you, but you say such childish things they're sometimes hard to ignore - though I will try.)

Hengs posts are amusing and deep down you know it, this is why your ermm Stalking him not :D

Edited by zorro1

Still haven't been able to muster the willpower to click that ignore button, eh?

Cheers :o

I was commpletely innocent and defenceless, even if I had seen it coming, as a previous poster has said maybe I was lucky I was unaware as I may have come off worse had put up some kind of resistance!

Not a reference to you directly. Just teasing the gals from the cheerleading squad who inevitably show up in these types of threads. "Ready... O-kay! We've got spirit! Yes we do!..."

Glad you made it through without getting seriously or permanently injured.

Physically that's accurate but now I'm worried about it hapenning again - not on KS Rd as I'm not going there again - I've always felt quite lucky that this has never hapened to me before but now I see how easily it CAN happen and for no reason too, where is safe?...

gazebo was fun tonight :o

anyone see?

Gazebo KSR or Sukhumvit? What happened?

KSR. Was downstairs about 6 oclock just talking with my girlfriend and 2 friends. Started hearing shouting upstairs, a lot - obviously a fight. Saw 1 small police guy go cautiously upstairs, looked like he caked his pants just at the sound of the noise upstairs. For sure he didn't want to go up. Looked like napoleon dynamite on valium. 30 seconds later, 1 guy comes downstairs, starts walking down the tunnel. Further 5 seconds later, about 20 people run down the stairs (Thai, westerners). I thought they were all running from the police (maby some were), but some started chasing this one guy. Then saw one of the guys who came down the stairs .. was absolutely covered in blood, didn't look to happy about it either. Looked like he just walked outside Glasgow Rangers football stadium wearing a Celtic football shirt. Clearly he had some sharp object smashed over his face 4 or 5 times by the guy cause he was gushing with blood everywhere, from his eyebrow as well - that or napoleon dynamite aka police guy manned up and started a bottle fight.

One smart Thai obviously watched too many jet li films cause when he ran and nearly caught up with the guy, about 2 metres behind him he tried to do a flying scissor kick or something and ended up on his back.

After that went to eat just outside the club and cue another 2 fights. Think 1 or 2 police guys turned up.

Let me tell you - that was the most eventful night i've seen in kao sarn road, and i've been there at least 15-20 times. Nothing happened like that at all.

Considering you lost consciousness you really should get a check-up to review any potential damage due to a concussion.

I suspect the attack was a case of mistaken identity.

I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

Mistaken identity? I suspect with equal surety it was a common case of a racist attack on a white guy who was easy pickings.

Edited by soundman
Removed generally demeaning comment about Thai people.

Physically that's accurate but now I'm worried about it hapenning again - not on KS Rd as I'm not going there again - I've always felt quite lucky that this has never hapened to me before but now I see how easily it CAN happen and for no reason too, where is safe?...

Myself I'm out and about probably more than most and I still feel like I witness more random violence on 6th Street (the relatively smallish entertainment district in a rather liberal city of 1 million people) than most of the entertainment districts in metro-Bangkok. It does seem to be on the upswing though.

I think of payback every few minutes, usually after each dizzy spell I get... But whats the point? I would feel guilty that maybe they had serious injuries or would in some way suffer for a while after the payback, I can't live with that, like I said before, I'm more disappointed than angry, if I'd done something to deserve Thai & hope others are more lucky.

The payback idea sounds good but you would have to plan it very carefully. The reality is though quite simple.. Thais can beat up, and inflict terrible things upon aliens with almost impunity and noboby cares both many in Thai society and police / judicial, but god forbid a lousy alien getting some balance, you would be dead in a minute and an award given to the perpetrater.

I come from a town in the South-East of England in Essex and it's pretty mindless, I've still managed to keep myself safe there for the first 20 yars of my life but what I experienced the other night is probably worse than I've seen back home, completely mindless and random, I would love to hear from the guys who done it, I wonder if they know the further reaching implicationsof what they done? My hope is that the people I tell will tell as many people as they know so word spreads and either something gets done or less people stay around Khao San, sounds bad but that's how I feel :o

I've seen violence on KS Rd before, I've seen 7 thai guys chasing 1 falang down the street, he got away - lucky man. I've alse seen a big fat thai guy who works in khao san centre kick the sh1t out of a canadian guy for questioning the bill - with good reason too - this poor Canadiaan didn't know what hit him, he was jumped from behind and floored and kicked the crap out of until unconscious :D

I don't like to knock any single nationality for things like this but as this happened inThailand I want to say that these people need to be taught how to control themselves, maybe need a little bit of respect taught to them, they think they're invinsible and to a degree they are, they know pretty much nothing will happen to them for beating up a tourist on ks rd and that the police are probably their friends anyway!

They will probably do it again next week and in this one instanc eof this fat thai guy, he's well known for liking a fight, how can his employers let him continue?

I have so many questions for this kind of thing but they will never get answered until people learn in proper schools, have responsible parents, drink responsibly then act responsibly, seems like a lost cause doesn't it?...

How big were you, in terms of weight and height compared to the two thais?

And did the bottle shatter upon hitting your head?

In case you are wondering why I am asking these, it is because i spend a significant portion of my time training self defence.

I was out 2 nights ago on Khao San Rd, I'd just said goodbye to a friend

How big were you, in terms of weight and height compared to the two thais?

And did the bottle shatter upon hitting your head?

In case you are wondering why I am asking these, it is because i spend a significant portion of my time training self defence.

I was out 2 nights ago on Khao San Rd, I'd just said goodbye to a friend

well I was sitting on the kerb so I can't be entirely sure but one seemd to be the same size if not a little bit taller than me(-6ft) and the other was a bit smaller than me, the bottle shattered upon contact, I know this because the last thing I remembered was the beer pouring down my face - not a nice feeling! :o

Why do you want to know?