Monorail

fresnoboy

Has anyone seen the artists rendition of the "Pattaya Monorail" in this weeks Pattaya Mail?

It looks like someone is going to fill their pockets, again !!!!!!!!

I find it interesting that they ( the powers that be) are going to try and float a monorail when they can't manage to have a scheduled bus service to and from the outskirts to the center of Pattaya.

Verrrry strange !!

But at Songkran it's going to be damned difficult to upset these people on Beach Road.

post-15852-1224295348_thumb.jpg

Is this Beach Road? I do not recognise it without 473 baht busses stopping for passengers / overtaking / parking / avoiding moto-taxis.

And where are the Indian tailor touts.

No this is some Shangri-La a long way removed from Patters.

Is this Beach Road? I do not recognise it without 473 baht busses stopping for passengers / overtaking / parking / avoiding moto-taxis. And where are the Indian tailor touts.
Hi,

What you describe are the last 200m of south Beach Road, near Walking Street.

The picture here (except the monorail) IS Beach Road, but north quiet side, near Armari Residence and Soi 1.

Another bl00dy great idea! With my crook knees climbing up a bunch of stairs to catch a ride will be even more painful than riding in the back of a baht bus! Maybe spending some money on the existing infrastructure would be a better idea.

Another bl00dy great idea! With my crook knees climbing up a bunch of stairs to catch a ride will be even more painful than riding in the back of a baht bus! Maybe spending some money on the existing infrastructure would be a better idea.

Did you reconize all the emty Bath Busses driving around? They could cut 70% of them and still enought. We would never have trafficjams again. This is the best idea i ever hear and i hope this is the End of the Baht Bus Mafia.

The plan doesn't cover Jomtien or Naklua which doesn't make sense to me. I like the idea in concept but would also bet against it happening in less than 20 years. I also wouldn't like to see the all of the baht buses abolished, just cleaned up and regulated a bit more. Baht buses are local color.

Edited by Jingthing