Visa For Spain For G/f

:o i am soon to be moving to spain to live permanently and am just wondering what are the vise requirements for thai g/f to go there for 6 months and possibly longer depending on wether she likes it or not .

I don't know about Spain, but it's in the 'Schengen' group of countries.

Just phone the Spanish Embassy, they'll tell you.

Normally you (gf) can apply for a 90 day tourist Visa. which is valid in all other Schengen countries.

If she wants to stay longer than 90 days you have to go through a lot of paperwork for a so called 1st stay-longer-than-90-days.

But first she has to leave the country, after the 90 days!

I would suggest the first option and than decide if you ask for the 2nd option.

(In Holland the 2nd option is a-######-of-a-job and extremely difficult!) :D

good luck

On the assumption that you are not Spanish but of another EU nationality (British?) it would be a straightforward and easy process to get a visa for your lady to stay in Spain but only if you were married. Whilst you are still b/f and g/f then the "normal" rules apply and, as the previous poster said the longest your g/f would be able to remain in Spain in the main is quite plain, 90 days. I know nothing of the process of getting a visit visa for Spain and suggest that perhaps you give the Spanish embassy a ring and see what's required.

Cheers,

Scouse.

just to add my two cent's worth of good luck... :D  :D  :o

so at a guess as long has she leaves spain after 90 days then can return a day or so later normal visa run thing which i also have to do has i work in korea china etc this would be ok ? anything different please let me know

sorry stevef..........you're wrong. There is no such thing in the EEC/Schengen countries like a 'visa-run' many people do in the Far East.

The Far East is 'a piece of cake' in comparison with the EEC/Schengen rules :D

You have to start the application-process all over again.

You might want to consider to apply for the longer-than-90-days visa, but it's not easy I tell you; but Spain might be less strict, since different Schengen-countries handle less strict rules than others (like Holland).

I suggest you have a look at the Spanish Embassy website or Spanish Foreign Affairs to see what you have to do to apply for such a visa.

By the way: which Nationality do YOU have...? because this could be a world of difference, if you apply for a g/f from Thailand.

good luck

im british she is thai i am going to live in spain thought about living in thailand but dont like the fact i can ony own 39% of any property it seems like you are on a hiding to nothing that way.

I suggest you talk to the British Embassy in BKK and the Spanish one also and ask for advise.

The UK, funny enough, does NOT belong to the so called 'Schengen' countries. The rest of Europe does (EU).

good luck

PS: about owing property. You're right, but is Spain the same as Thailand? I know Spain pretty well but the prices of living are skyhigh in comparison with TH...apart from buying property there; half of the coast is 'for sale'....

I gave it a lot of thoughts but would rather stay in TH than Spain. I think your g/f would agree :o

i know that but its just the not having it all in my name thing were i live does not matter to me has i work a 3 on 3 week off rota so anywere is just a flight away. I was thinking of maybe a long term renting but your just giving money to someone else. There is also the flight from uk to take into account every 3 weeks but that is offset by the cost of living so not to sure which way to go at the moment but she wants to live in foreign country seems to think less girl competition in other countries haha :o . visas are a pain in the a##e will take a look at the spanish site easy for me but not so sure its going to be easy for g/f.

"The basic rule is that, if you are a citizen of an EU member state, then you and your family have the right to move to another member state. You also have the right to bring dependant members of your family with you. At present, dependants are defined as:

- spouse: a married partner; the right does not extend at present to a cohabiting partner."

BUT,

"In the new Directive, family will also include a partner in a registered partnership if the legislation of the host member state recognises registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage. So, if you come from a country which recognises registered partnerships as some EU member states do, then your partner and the partner's dependent children will be regarded as a family member for the purpose of the rules on free movement"

Best thing is to hear what Spanish Armada has to say.

Doodex66 :o

do you know when these changes are due to take effect at all?also do you or anyone have the web address for the spanish consulate or any other info sites for them

'Google' a little bit, just like I did...for you:

www.embesp.or.th.

in Thailand.

doodex66 is basically right, but you still have to go through the VISA stuff for your g/f.

good luck