Ive Given Up On Visitors Visa Time To Change

A bit of advice would be appreciated on what i need to do to obtain this visa.

I have have all the regular stuff for the visitors visa,

Letters from employer (showing i am in employment)

Telephone bills

reciepts

photos showing we have met

Passport copies

Bank statements

wage slips

Letter to say when we plan to marry

emails

letter to say where we will be living

What else do i need to provide for a successful application.

we plan to live in the uk for 3-4 years.

Neither of us have been married nor have any kids.

Is this all i need?

Obviously completed the correct application aswell.

I will be travelling to thailand at the end of feb. We was hoping i could go to the interview with her. (i understand i will not be allowed in when she is interviewed, just for support).

What is the procedure for applying?

Does she supply all paperwork and fee and wait for interview date?

does she pay after the interview?

Could she request a date for the interview to coinside with the time i am in thailand?

Do you think visa is easier to obtain than a visitors visa?

Any info appreciated.

Many thanks BS

Big Spuds,

Your g/f should complete the application form, a link to which can be found on other threads in this forum. She should then lodge the application and pay. Within a week the embassy should write to her with a date for interview. Providing that the length of time before you go to Thailand is longer than the current waiting list she can request an interview date for when you will be there.

You will need to show:-

6 months' bank statements;

3-4 months' wage slips;

Evidence of available accommodation;

Evidence of your relationship (e-mails, letters, phone bils/cards, photos, greetings cards etc.

Whether the application succeeds will largely depend upon what your g/f says during her interview. She should have a thorough, inside-out knowledge of you and your circumstances in the UK.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Do you or anyone else have any tips on how to make this application a success?

The only thing bothering me is my bank account. I have been constantly overdrawn for as long as i can remember, but i dont struggle i have what i want and get by. I am around £1500 overdrawn just before payday. I have a savings account which has about £500 in constantly. I still manage to go business class to thailand twice a year and send the GF £1200 a year.

Will my record of my account go against me?

Is there anything i can say or do to improve my chances of getting this visa?

We are desperate to be together and are bother dying to start a family and start our lives together.

Do we need to write a letter detaling our relationship?

Will it go against us she was a former BG?

I have a good regular job but nothing amazing money wise. Have Parents which are willing to help out with money should i ever get in the Sh**. And they have offered to do anything possible to help out as they are deperate to meet my GF.

Any tips of anyone!!!!!!!!!!

What is to be expected???

Big Spuds,

90 per cent of the battle is in providing all of the supporting documentation that the visa officer requires. The only rule in this situation that is open to interpretation is the one that stipulates that your g/f has to show that you and she intend to live together permanently. Obviously you can't prove this before the fact and so you have to ensure that you've got the photos, e-mails, etc. to show the visa officer who will also form his opinion based on your g/f's knowledge of you and your circumstances. The fact that your g/f is an ex-bg is of less relevance in relation to a settlement application than it is for a visit.

With regard to money, the visa officer is not looking to see that you are supra-wealthy but that you have a regular income which is sufficient to cater for your and your g/f's needs without having to claim public funds. Most people, even visa officers, are in debt to some extent and that per se can't be held against you.

Best of luck,

Scouse.

Applying to be able to get married in england. what is the right application form to use? havent looked at them yet due to being busy at work.

Am i right in thinking if when we get the visa, we marry in england , after we can apply for her to stay in the uk, without her going home again?

Application form for settlement visa

As your g/f will have a settlement visa this means that following the marriage she does not need to leave the UK in order to get another visa. Instead she can seek an extension from the Home Office.

It can be cheaper to get married in Thailand as this avoids paying for the extension in the UK but the choice is yours.

Costs:-

Marriage in the UK:-

Settlement visa £260.00

Extension £155.00

Indefinite leave extension £155.00

Total £570.00

Marriage in Thailand:-

Settlement visa £260.00

Indefinite leave extension £155.00

Total £415.00

Scouse.

Scouse, is it ok to send photocopies of everything for the application apart from the actual visa application?

And as we are actually getting engaged in Feb before she will get interviewed at the embassy, i obviously tick the box... "as the fiance/fiancee of some one settled, or going to settle in the UK". do you think this will affect the application as we have only just got engaged?

Big Spuds,

Ideally you should provide original documents. You may wish to give the embassy the originals plus a copy of each and ask for the originals back once they've seen them.

To apply for a fiancé(e) visa you don't have to be formally engaged so doing so shortly before the application won't have a bearing upon the outcome.

Scouse.

Just a question on the same topic, im not actually employed but will have a letter offering me employment from a previous employer will this suffice? will have house and everything else in order by then to.

Also is there a minimum of being married? we have known each other for 3 or so years and been married for 10 months?

Thanks

A firm job offer stating when you'll be starting and your anticipated salary will be sufficient. It'll help if you can show that you have enough money to support yourselves until such a time as you commence work and are paid.

For the purposes of applying for a settlement visa based upon marriage there is no prescribed length of time for which you have to have been married before applying. However, the duration of the relationship is something the visa officer will consider when assessing the applicant's intention to live permanently with their spouse. As you have been involved with your wife for 3 years I don't think this will be a factor in her application.

Cheers,

Scouse.

I have been reading your posts about this for most of the year. I know what your going through . Actually im still going through it .

Bring your originals and also bring two copys of each . Make MORE copys to keep in a safe place . You will need them .

We went to the U.S. embassy and there was no interview room . We just stood there in front of a glass window and answered questions . They were speaking in Thai and I did not understand most of it , but he also had some questions for me .

About the bar girl thing , that is up to you but I would say you met at a store or somewhere other than a bar .

Now about the bank statements showing overdrafts , it would be best if you showed your tax return papers for the last three years , and this year if you can get them done early , plus check stubs might work I also had my accountant make a financial statement stating assets and gross worth . It looked rather impressive .

Best of luck

Worrying a bit now about the originals bit, as my Gf will initially go to the embassy alone, to submit her application (as i wont be in thailand with her), i will be with her for the interview day. Justy a bit worried if i send all my originals over and they are lost i will be in the sh** as it will be difficult to get wage slips etc again as originals.

I have all the paperwork together now, waiting for the GF to email me with her new apartment address and to be honest it looks like there is nothing there to send is that right???

I have known her 12 months, you say the time you have known each other counts, does this seem short to be applying for settlement together? also we have not lived together as such only spent 2 and 3 week holidays together.

I dont want to end up throwing £300 quid away for nothing.

No , its a good amount of time .

DONT go until you have all your papers in order . They will always need other papers you dont have , even if your sure you have them all . Allow plenty of time to run around Thailand to get extra papers they need . GO wiith your GF , period .

Watch for holidays ! Thai and British . Due to holidays I had to rebook my flight . If you think thats easy , its not . United had no problem canceling my flight home and rebooking for another day but I had to pay for it . I asked " cant you just rebook ? " they said that im due a refund and I should get it in about two months !

And I have to pay now for another flight . Guess what ? My credit card was maxed out !! Talk about stress .

Go with your girlfriend !!! you already had that problem , did'nt you ?

It does not look like there is anything there (paperwise)

Telephone bills, Letter stating when we propse to get married when we will be travelling etc, Photos, 6 months wage slips, 6 months bank statements, letter from employer, application form,copies of passport, few reciepts, emails.

thats about it!!! doesnt seem enough!!!

I really dont want to send originals in the post. could the GF not take copies to the embassy when she makes her application, and i will provide a letter stating i will bring the originals with me when i go with her for the interview. I fear losing them as we have already had one lot of papers go missing in the post.

Bring both originals and copys . originals for them to see and copys for them to keep . Photos are good , lots of photos . They like that .

It seems that your not going with her to the embassy . Your setting yourself up for another big headache .

Good luck

Big Spuds,

What have you got to demonstrate accommodation? You sound a bit light on that. Are you using photographs? I used the survey report from when our home was bought. The local council may have a verification service - talk to them and mention the phrase 'settlement visa'.

Beware of lying. If you think the truth will hurt you, check it out at www.thailand-uk.com. One of the guys there said the visa section ordered them (the application is a joint effort, whatever the legal position) to falsely admit that they met in a bar, on pain of the visa being denied.

You could also check out the current position on ex-prostitutes at the Immigration Advisory Service, by phone!

Richard.

Does this sound right to you scouse?

About ex-prostitutes!!!

I am living with parents at the moment so we will be staying there for a month then renting our own place, i have the letter stating i have exclusive use of a room and letter from parent. Is that it?

The letter from your parents will be enough unless their house is rented when you should get confirmation from the landlord that he is also content for your wife to live there.

There is no immigration rule that states ex-prostitutes will be automatically refused a visa. Her previous employment could have a bearing upon the visa officer's assessment of your intention to live together but it is really no more difficult for such a person to satisfy the rules than anyone else.

Scouse.

Whereas there does seem to be a rule that a visa may be denied for lying! It's usually much easier to keep one's story straight if one sticks to the truth!

I know that in the past the IAS has advised that meeting in a go-go bar does not of itself prevent a visa, though continuing to work as a prostitute does. It seems to me that the first part of this advice remains true. I have no evidence as to the second part.

(This advice may not be relevant for the US and Australia.)

Whereas there does seem to be a rule that a visa may be denied for lying!  It's usually much easier to keep one's story straight if one sticks to the truth!

Certainly. No matter how "white" or minuscule the lie the visa officer will infer that as you have lied once all of your statements are lacking in credibility. Therefore, to paraphrase a refusal wording, I cannot be satisfied that you intend to permanently live together following your marriage.

Scouse.