Ive Given Up On Visitors Visa Time To Change

I may be in a similar situation to you next year BIG SPUDS.

I'm wondering, my g/f luckily got a visitors visa and visited me in the UK for a couple of weeks in August, and will be using same visa to come again over this Christmas.

Will the fact that she's been here twice help any future settlement visa for her, or be of no real relavance? We may marry next year in BKK, then she start the process to apply to live in UK.

p.s. BIG SPUDS, I'll be watching your progress and learning from you.

Will the fact that she's been here twice help any future settlement visa for her, or be of no real relavance?

Yes, it will help. The biggest obstacle to climb in applying for a settlement visa is the rule that stipulates that the applicant has to show an intention to permanently live with their spouse. As you g/f will have already been to the UK twice then this is proof positive to the visa officer that such an intention exists.

Scouse.

About the bar girl thing , that is up to you but I would say you met at a store or somewhere other than a bar.

Now about the bank statements showing overdrafts , it would be best if you showed your tax return papers for the last three years , and this year if you can get them done early , plus check stubs might work  I also had my accountant make a financial statement stating assets and gross worth . It looked rather impressive .

The not saying she was a prostitute is an American thing, because it is a justification in the US application for refusing a visa. The UK has no such rule, although if she was a bargirl they will probably be far more sceptical of a short term relationship.

As for the tax return, that would generally only apply to self-employed people, or people in the top tax bracket in the UK. Most other people simply have tax deducted from their earnings and don't have to fill in a tax return. (This is because there are virtually no deductibles in the UK that aren't allowed for in the automatic deductions by telling your employers payroll department (i.e. that you've got a child, etc.))

• 3 weeks later...