Biker Armour

JimsKnight

Hey gang,

Just wondering how many of you wear biker armour.

By biker armour I mean the hard padding and plastic variety.

I know for around town its kinda overkill but long distance riding I think it comes into its own for some peace of mind, having been in a scrape in the past, I would of been unscathed had I been wearing some.

You thoughts and comments on this appreciated.

JK

Always at long distance ride with no exceptions. Don't leave home without it, you never know what might happen.

I spared no expense to get best possible gear, even travelled to another country just to buy top notch stuff. My paddings are combinations of plastic and rubber. I've been riding since age of 15 and fell only once....at speed of 30km/h, believe it or not.

Hi

Only when going on long trips, and only a mesh jacket with Kevlar, around Phuket i use nothing, i know i should, but it’s too hot to wear, it’s up to me anyway

Same here. But even on brief local trips I wear a light jeans jacket, gloves, & good helmet--better than nothing.

Hi

Only when going on long trips, and only a mesh jacket with Kevlar, around Phuket i use nothing, i know i should, but it’s too hot to wear, it’s up to me anyway

Hi

Can you purchase Mesh armoured Jackets over here in Thailand? If so are they any good/price/shop locations????

Thanks & happy safe riding

Dave

Leather Dainese jacket with padding & back protector in the cool season, mesh with same in the warm season and have just bought an armoured shirt that goes under a jersey for offroad and maybe road riding too. Wear padded kevlar/denim jeans, a decent lid, gloves & boots except if I'm just buzzing about on the Nuovo.

BTW, Dave if you are up north fancy a visa run to Mae Sai, there's a shop in Tachilek with Alpinestars armoured mesh jackets for 3,900 - look like the real deal rather than knockoffs and the lady kind of intimated that they came out of the back door of the factory in China that makes the A'stars gear. Have boots also at 3,500 which look like seconds and also loads of stuff for the Harley crowd.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Since I only use my bike for joyriding or trips, I use CE armoured Jacket, CE armoured pants, armoured gloves.

Besides full face proper helmet (not local stuff) and proper riding boots.

I have experiences crashes and slides with bike, and I do not sacrifice myself anymore. As a reminder I believe more than 70% of all accidents on bikes are less than 10 minutes from your house, and is mostly the other drivers fault.

Now what I can control is to at least be as good as allowable protected for when/if it happens.

Leather Dainese jacket with padding & back protector in the cool season, mesh with same in the warm season and have just bought an armoured shirt that goes under a jersey for offroad and maybe road riding too. Wear padded kevlar/denim jeans, a decent lid, gloves & boots except if I'm just buzzing about on the Nuovo.

BTW, Dave if you are up north fancy a visa run to Mae Sai, there's a shop in Tachilek with Alpinestars armoured mesh jackets for 3,900 - look like the real deal rather than knockoffs and the lady kind of intimated that they came out of the back door of the factory in China that makes the A'stars gear. Have boots also at 3,500 which look like seconds and also loads of stuff for the Harley crowd.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Thanks for the info, matey :o .

Thats the first time I got anything from a Pikey for nothing :D

Safe riding

Dave

Thanks for the info, matey :o .

Thats the first time I got anything from a Pikey for nothing :D

Safe riding

Dave

Don't worry, I'll call in the favour sometime :D

Cheers,

Pikey.

Edited by Pikey

Hey gang,

I know for around town its kinda overkill but long distance riding I think it comes into its own for some peace of mind, having been in a scrape in the past, I would of been unscathed had I been wearing some.

JK

JK,

Skateboarding knee pads and elbow pads are readily available. They can be worn with shorts or over jeans and whatever jacket you have. Obviously won't protect shoulders and back but....

Paddock in BKK has armoured one piece underwear which is also popular. I think about 6500. Can be worn under most clothing unless your clothing is very tight.

Hi

Hi

Can you purchase Mesh armoured Jackets over here in Thailand? If so are they any good/price/shop locations????

Thanks & happy safe riding

Dave

Hi

I bought mine in Europe

look @ this

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycl...cket-t4532.html

try ridethailand.com (i think it is)

Hey gang,

JK

JK,

Skateboarding knee pads and elbow pads are readily available. They can be worn with shorts or over jeans and whatever jacket you have. Obviously won't protect shoulders and back but....

Paddock in BKK has armoured one piece underwear which is also popular. I think about 6500. Can be worn under most clothing unless your clothing is very tight.

Heh! That's what I'm bringing with me for when I get out to LOS :o

Thanks for all your comments so far lads.