Sponsor: Nana Pasta Sauce

NanaFoods

My husband tried the artichoke sauce yesterday. He said it was "something special, worth the extra cost." Other than that, his favorite is the amatriciana. My favorite is the traditional. Anyway, we have made the switch, and Nana is our pasta sauce of choice. I rather like the size of the jar. I like a lot of sauce, while my husband likes a lot of pasta. One jar does nicely for us.

Cathy, thanks so much for your encouraging comments. :o

I am truly pleased that we can qualify to be your new brand of choice!!

And also thanks for providing your perception regarding our jar size.

Just my two satang worth - when i buy pre-made I only buy your's now. For me and the mrs, the size of jar is perfect.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my two satang worth - when i buy pre-made I only buy your's now. For me and the mrs, the size of jar is perfect.

Thanks so much, James, for your feedback and jar size comments.

I am honored that we are your pasta sauce of choice.

@ Smithson:

We spoke to Villa, and they will transfer a few jars from another store to Ploenchit to test the market in that store. Should arrive Sunday or Monday, so I am told. We've had our eye on that store for some time, and you helped convince us to make a case for Villa to give it a test. Thanks.

To Everyone:

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate.

And special thanks to all who have taken the time to participate and provide their valuable perceptions in this thread. Your contributions are considerable, and I appreciate the effort and care you all have shown to us.

May all your families relish the love you have for each other in this holiday season as well as in the future.

Cheers. :o

OK, I put up a couple Puttanesca recipes on our recipe page using our Olive sauce as a base. Of course, an authentic Puttanesca sauce is made freshy-freshy, but hopefully these recipes can help some folks achieve a tasty approximation without much effort.

Thai translations coming soon.

Stick to smaller jars. I tend to throw half full jars away after a few days and I don't eat pasta that often. Keep up the good work.

Hi freitag1,

Thanks so much for your comments on the jar size and your usage.

As for any leftover 1/2-full jar sauce... we have some recipe ideas for snacks and such on our website that do not necessarily involve pasta.... such as a meatball sandwich, dip for calamari, etc... :o

• 2 weeks later...

quick post, when living in Thailand I don't spend much time on related forums. As promised to CH, I tried one of his offering: Nana Artichoke Sauce. Purchased it in krung thep at Villa Market in sukhumvit, at the Ambassador Hotel complex, after a couple of unsuccessful attempts (no stock at Villa in Ploenchit Centre and Emporium food store). Paid 109฿ and took it back home in mahasarakham, paired it up with pennette rigate, no extras, just the sauce and pasta. It tastes fine when compared against non-Italian commercial sauces, bit on the sweet side, chunky texture to give that rustic, home made feel. Good value for people who don't know how to cook sauces from scratch, convenient to those who just want to whip up a pasta meal with minimum fuss. I'd say buy Nana, when Italian sauces are not available in store. The quality ain't inferior to American (Prego) or Australian (Leggo) brands, it's cheaper, plus you support a local venture.

I only ate samples (sorry CH but I just don't eat commercially prepared, shelf stable pasteurised foods of any type) and gave most of it to monks at our local temple. We feed them everyday when attending morning rites. I guess it made a welcoming change from stale khao niaow and cold Isaan fare :o

We just got confirmation, finally, that Villa transferred a few jars from another store to Ploenchit for a test.

For those who shop at Villa Ploenchit, and if your in the market for pasta sauce, please pick up some Nana Pasta Sauce so we can solidify our shelf space there.

Thanks.

quick post, when living in Thailand I don't spend much time on related forums. As promised to CH, I tried one of his offering: Nana Artichoke Sauce.

I wish you had also tried just about any one of our other flavors as well.

Artichoke is a bit of a risk product for us, as there are no other offerings on the shelves that I have seen.

I think it would make a better comparison to try something more mainstream, like Olive or Traditional.

• 2 weeks later...
Any chance of seeing these sauces hit the shelves in Hat Yai???

Well, yes there is a chance... can you provide the name of a local supermarket that carries at least some Western foods and/or other pasta sauce brands? Perhaps we can get into their store if there is a market.

• 4 weeks later...
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Nana Pasta Sauces are now available in South Pattaya at Friendship Market as well as FoodMart.

If you live in the area, please give them a try.

Thanks.

MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS:

You can now find Nana Pasta Sauce at Universal Supermarket (South Pattaya), Saeree Department Store/Supermarket in Lampang, and SuperCheap in Phuket (T. Ratda).

Also,

Some pics from the "Grand Re-Opening Party" of Rimping Nawarat, which is now remodeled as a very nice upscale supermarket. We gave free tastes of our new flavors Sugo Rosa and Arrabbiata and received very positive feedback.

We also took the opportunity to do a pre-market trial of our new Mexican salsa line, El Sapo brand (Salsa Suave [mild], Salsa Jalapeño [medium], and Salsa Picante [hot]), and also received very positive feedback.

Please see photos:

post-62785-1236044306_thumb.jpg

post-62785-1236044348_thumb.jpg

post-62785-1236044379_thumb.jpg

post-62785-1236044407_thumb.jpg

post-62785-1236050619_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChefHeat

Sure would like to see your products on the shelves here in Udon. We have Tesco, Big C, Makro, Tops, and soon a Carrefour.

However I think your best bet would be:

Tang Ngee Soon Superstore

042-201-111, 042-223-011

Tang Ngee Soon Superstore's second location on the Nong Bua Lamphu Rd., has a large alcove filled with both imported and domestic Western food items, except yours.

Sure would like to see your products on the shelves here in Udon. We have Tesco, Big C, Makro, Tops, and soon a Carrefour.

However I think your best bet would be:

Tang Ngee Soon Superstore

042-201-111, 042-223-011

Tang Ngee Soon Superstore's second location on the Nong Bua Lamphu Rd., has a large alcove filled with both imported and domestic Western food items, except yours.

Thanks for the lead, Maxjay!!!

You even provided a contact name. You're awesome. :o

We will definitely contact them... and post the results here.

Cheers. :D

Edit: My wife says Tops in Udon should carry our sauces... but only two flavors (Traditional and Amatriciana)...

well, at least they did at one point. Hopefully they still do.

Edited by ChefHeat

Great News! You are very welcome.

Hopefully, Tang Ngee Soon will reply favorably and start stocking your products, including the Salsas'.

I'll have a look at Tops in Udon but they don't always carry the same items as the their other stores or they carry something, run out of it, and you never see it back on their shelves.

Great News! You are very welcome.

Hopefully, Tang Ngee Soon will reply favorably and start stocking your products, including the Salsas'.

I'll have a look at Tops in Udon but they don't always carry the same items as the their other stores or they carry something, run out of it, and you never see it back on their shelves.

Hi maxjay,

I was curious if you had a chance to check Tops in your area over the weekend or not.

FYI - I am trying to convince Tops to carry at least one more flavor besides Traditional and Amatriciana - preferably Mushroom flavor, which is our #2 seller outside of Tops (Traditional being #1).

in relation to my above comment...

For Tops patrons:

Currently Tops carries only two flavors of Nana Pasta Sauce (Note: their sister stores, FoodHall, does carry 5 flavors, and not all Tops stores even carry our sauce).

If you shop at Tops, and would like to see additional Nana Pasta Sauce flavors available at your store, please let us know here so we can use your comments as evidence to expand their selection:

If you would be so kind as to help us out, please provide:

1. The flavor(s) you'd like available (aside from Traditional and Amatriciana, which they already carry) Click on the yellow banner at the top of this forum and then go to our Available Flavors page)

2. which store location you'd like to see it(them) at

3. a name that I can use as a reference (doesn't need to be your whole name, or even your real name - simply a first name and initial would be great). The name should at least appear to be realistic - you know, nothing like Casanova Frankenstein, Beer4Ever or the likes... :o

4. permission to reference and use your comment when dealing with Tops

Thanks greatly to all who participate.

Edited by ChefHeat

For Tops patrons:

Currently Tops carries only two flavors of Nana Pasta Sauce (Note: their sister stores, FoodHall, does carry 5 flavors, and not all Tops stores even carry our sauce).

If you shop at Tops, and would like to see additional Nana Pasta Sauce flavors available at your store, please let us know here so we can use your comments as evidence to expand their selection:

1. The flavor(s) you'd like available (aside from Traditional and Amatriciana, which they already carry) Click on the yellow banner at the top of this forum and then go to our Available Flavors page)

3. a name that I can use as a reference (doesn't need to be your whole name, or even your real name - simply a first name and initial would be great). The name should at least appear to be realistic - you know, nothing like Casanova Frankenstein, Beer4Ever or the likes... :o

Chief,

After the Traditional I just tried the Amatriciana. Excellent. I'm writing from Chiang Rai. Our Tops, the big small one has only those tastes. Supported you. Bought half of their shelf stock. Never will buy the other brands anymore. Also my Thai wife said : first class. No problem it is plain and good I can adjust to my taste with a little chilly powder. Good fresh taste. Good herbs. Good price. Of course the Sarge is right with a lot of points but I'm happy you offer this in Thailand. You think my homemade sauce comes out always as good as your sauce just out the bottle. Try Tops to put carefully Olive and Champignon in their assortment. Yes, you can quote me and I will give you a mail on your personnel page with the items under which Tops can reach me.

I wish you good luck. I think you deserve it.

Cheers,

Shrednyneas

Chief,

After the Traditional I just tried the Amatriciana. Excellent. I'm writing from Chiang Rai. Our Tops, the big small one has only those tastes. Supported you. Bought half of their shelf stock. Never will buy the other brands anymore. Also my Thai wife said : first class. No problem it is plain and good I can adjust to my taste with a little chilly powder. Good fresh taste. Good herbs. Good price. Of course the Sarge is right with a lot of points but I'm happy you offer this in Thailand. You think my homemade sauce comes out always as good as your sauce just out the bottle. Try Tops to put carefully Olive and Champignon in their assortment. Yes, you can quote me and I will give you a mail on your personnel page with the items under which Tops can reach me.

Cheers,

Shrednyneas

Thanks for you and your wife's kind words.

And thanks for permission to use your comment.

Cheers :o

Hi maxjay,

OK, we contacted Tang Ngee Soon, and are sending them a brochure and quotation.

Will update the progress when we receive feedback.

Thanks again for the referral.

Hi maxjay,

UPDATE:

Thanks to your referral, we will be shipping to Tang Ngee Soon today. I imagine product should be on their shelves in 2 to 3 days - both pasta sauces and salsa! I think they will test at their first store... we requested them to split product to their new store that I understand has more farang customers - but they mentioned shelf space there was quite limited. We'll see, I guess.

If you have a chance and time, please have a look in a few days and let me know if you found us.

Thanks again.

Great news! Thank you. I was planning a pasta dinner this weekend.

I will keep you updated.

I expect it should be on the shelves by Saturday, at the latest.

If you can't find it, please ask the staff to look in the back (receiving), just in case they are not expedient.

You may also want to call first... unless you had planned on a shopping trip anyway.

Again, they may only have it available Nadee branch at first... if you don't see it a Nongbua Lampoo-Udon Road branch (if that's where you shop), perhaps a customer request to the manager asking them to carry it would motivate them to transfer stock from Nadee branch.

Be sure to browse our recipe page on our website for ideas beyond basic pasta...

And.... thank you!

NEW RECIPES

I added some new recipes to our recipe page on our website.

The recipes are for the new flavors Sugo Rosa and Arrabbiata.

See more description about them at our website.

Note, you can easily convert Sugo Rosa to a vodka sauce as well.

Currently, there is limited distribution as they are new products that have been just released for sale since last week. Shelf-space is hard to come by, unless customers demand something - especially at the larger supermarket chains. So please request your local supermarket to stock them!! Thanks much.

CURRENT AVAILABILITY:

Pattaya: you can find the new flavors at Best Supermarket.

Chiangmai: you can find them at two of the Rimping Supermarkets -- MeeChok branch and the newly renovated Nawarat branch.

Udon: at Tang Ngee Soon.

In Buri: FN Outlet

more to come...

Great news! Thank you. I was planning a pasta dinner this weekend.

I will keep you updated.

I expect it should be on the shelves by Saturday, at the latest.

If you can't find it, please ask the staff to look in the back (receiving), just in case they are not expedient.

You may also want to call first... unless you had planned on a shopping trip anyway.

Again, they may only have it available Nadee branch at first... if you don't see it a Nongbua Lampoo-Udon Road branch (if that's where you shop), perhaps a customer request to the manager asking them to carry it would motivate them to transfer stock from Nadee branch.

Be sure to browse our recipe page on our website for ideas beyond basic pasta...

And.... thank you!

I stopped at the Nong Bua Lamphu branch yesterday. I spoke with their manager Khun Gop, he said your products had been received and will be on the shelves today or tomorrow.

I have looked at your website and the recipes. Good website! The recipes looked good, with easy to follow instructions. I'm going to try the Eggplant Parmigiana.

Edited by maxjay

For Tops patrons:

Chief,

Cheers,

Shrednyneas

Would any other Tops patrons like to see other flavors available?