Can I Buy Houses Through A Company Business?

I think the answer is yes. What you want to do though is not openly flaunt your foreigness but instead pursue creating an illusion that you are somehow essentially "Thai". Do this through the people who you work through, (gives you a Thai connection) and how you structure your company.

Hi,

I am an american citizen. I was wondering if Thai law would let me but houses for the purpose of resale (after adding value through rehab/renovation) No house would be a personal residence.

Thanks

*Caveat - with "houses" I'm making the assumption the company owns the land on which the house is located. If that's not the case, the rest of this post is <deleted> (which it may be in any case)*

Depends if the company is Thai or a Treaty company.

If it is a Treaty company (i.e., is American), you have no BOI or IEAT exemption, or any other exemption - then the answer is "no". Land ownership is one of the areas carved out of the Treaty provisions. As such, you (as an American) would be treated no different to anyone else (who is not Thai).

If the company is Thai - should be no reason why it cannot own the property; provided that no nominee structure is in place.

Edited by WilliamJarvis