Shooting Range Which One?

junki3korean

Pattaya Shooting Club is off Sukhumvit Road as you head to Sattahip on the left opposite La Royal Condo block.

Always take my friends there. Good selection of pistols and pump action shotguns.

Ammo is expensive so don't go too mad.

Cheers!

Edited by HowardJohnson

around 2500 bht for 50 rounds of 9mm or 2800 for 50 rounds of .45 cal is the average price around pattaya

wowza! thats more then a girl for a night in pattaya.....i guess you`d get more thrills from shooting.....

thanks mate

Not that any of us fine upstanding TV members would know anything about things like that ! :o

around 2500 bht for 50 rounds of 9mm or 2800 for 50 rounds of .45 cal is the average price around pattaya

wowza! thats more then a girl for a night in pattaya.....i guess you`d get more thrills from shooting.....

thanks mate

my girl costs quite a bit more overall as she is my wife :o I take my 2 teenage sons shooting, they are a bit too young for some of the other sport available in town :D:D

+5555

i`ve never been to a shooting range....so what am i expecting in sense of gun wise.....is it going to be like the movies i`ve seen or the games i play...

Am i going to get to fire a Desert Eagle?? or a glock?? or just your old 9mm revolver.....

+5555

i`ve never been to a shooting range....so what am i expecting in sense of gun wise.....is it going to be like the movies i`ve seen or the games i play...

Am i going to get to fire a Desert Eagle?? or a glock?? or just your old 9mm revolver.....

depends on what movies you seen :o but not sure about a desert eagle but glocks i think i have seen and some other ok 9mm semi autos etc,revolvers,shotguns.just to mention there is also have a shooting range on koh larn but thats quite expensive too. you will have an ok choice wherever you go but dont expect them to be in new condition

+5555

From what I've seen, mostly .38s, 9mms and maybe a .45 or two. Semi-autos and revolvers.

No Desert Eagles unless you bring your own.

Make sure you wear hearing protection ! The range should supply ear defenders, and if other people are shooting at the same time, it would be advisable to put the ear defenders on as soon as you enter the range.

Do NOT try to "John Wayne" it on the range. This isn't a game or movie. Screw up on a real range and you (or someone nearby) is going to get hurt (or dead). No rewinds or resets in real life.

Keep the muzzle pointed down-range at all times. The staff will help you load/unload and "safe" the weapon as needed.

Remember that Gun Control is a Sharp Eye and a Steady Hand.

Have fun !

+5555

From what I've seen, mostly .38s, 9mms and maybe a .45 or two. Semi-autos and revolvers.

No Desert Eagles unless you bring your own.

Make sure you wear hearing protection ! The range should supply ear defenders, and if other people are shooting at the same time, it would be advisable to put the ear defenders on as soon as you enter the range.

Do NOT try to "John Wayne" it on the range. This isn't a game or movie. Screw up on a real range and you (or someone nearby) is going to get hurt (or dead). No rewinds or resets in real life.

Keep the muzzle pointed down-range at all times. The staff will help you load/unload and "safe" the weapon as needed.

Remember that Gun Control is a Sharp Eye and a Steady Hand.

Have fun !

thanks again kerry for reminding me of the safety measures that are involved.....i will be very sensible =)

Andy

Only been to Tiffany's range once, they guy some beaten up colt 1911's and if i remember right some equally useless Berettas.

The rounds are dirty, underpowered reloads, and expensive.

If you choose to go then I think they want to see your passport, but quite honestly I would not recommend it, there are many great things to do in Thailand, but shooting is not one of them, and this is from a guy who used to hit the range two or three times a week, firing off around 5 boxes a time.

I miss my HK MK23, my glock 17 and sig 226, but I find that pattaya has many other distractions.

Enjoy

seems theres not much to do in pattaya during the day........my friends can`t ride big bikes so cant really go touring that much.....go karting will only last so many hours......so i came with the idea of shooting range for a another event.....

what is there to do in pattaya besides geting drunk at a bar and sleaze around????? maybe watch what a tiffany show.........then??? your not going to swim at that dirty beach , your not going to go buy copied cds or knuckle dusters(maybe one or two cds) ....no where to relax with flooding tourist from chinese , korean , to russians........

so what do you locals do??? besides golfing...

Andy

Edited by junki3korean

Besides shooting ranges and the more "obvious" night time activities, Pattaya is pretty boring. Going back through some old threads, all I can find to see and do in the Pattaya area that don't involve "horizontal leisure" activities is:

Khao Keow Zoo

Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens

Crocodile Farm

Sri Racha Tiger Zoo

Sanctuary of Truth (Teak Temple)

Mini Siam

Bowling Alleys

Jomtien Beach (jet skis, banana boat rides, swimming, wind-surfing, etc)

Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum

Fishing Charters

Diving Schools

Elephant Rides

Shooting

Paintball

Bunji Jumping

Go-Karting

Sky Diving

Pattaya Water Park

Fishing Parks

Cinema

Gyms

Muay Thai lessons

Pilot lessons

Submarine Trip

Ferry to Ko Lan

Golf

Bottle Museum

Foot massages (and other body parts !)

Shopping

Snooker/pool/darts/ect.

:o There are more, but it's raining and I can't be arsed to go look for them. :D

I quite enjoy going to the Shooting Range on Sukhumvit (not sure if it's called Pattaya Pirates now - last time I went it was call Pattaya Shooting Range I think) every now and then. I'm no gun expert but the ones they have there seem to do what they're intended to - shoot bullets out the front end. Some seem more accurate than others though. Personally I like the .45 auto. (thinks it's a Colt)

The mini skeet shooting range with a pump action shottie is a bit fun.

It's good to do something a bit different.

Seem to recall some English teacher turning a gun on himself at Tiffany's range not that long ago - must have been rather nasty for anyone standing next to him at the time.

• 3 years later...

seems theres not much to do in pattaya during the day........my friends can`t ride big bikes so cant really go touring that much.....go karting will only last so many hours......so i came with the idea of shooting range for a another event.....

what is there to do in pattaya besides geting drunk at a bar and sleaze around????? maybe watch what a tiffany show.........then??? your not going to swim at that dirty beach , your not going to go buy copied cds or knuckle dusters(maybe one or two cds) ....no where to relax with flooding tourist from chinese , korean , to russians........

so what do you locals do??? besides golfing...

Andy

Fishing at one of the many fishing parks can be fun