Can Thai Ladyboys Give Facial Makeup Tips To Thai Women?

Svenn

(Still not used to that word, but anyway) My gf seems to have trouble with makeup, she often gets frustrated since it doesn't seem to ever look right... I'm wondering how much of that is due to the fact that her friends and people that have tought her have always been women. Seems like there would be special tips for ladyboys since they often have different facial structures than women right? I can post specific pics if there's people here who actually know makeup

I think she looks great without makeup, but if we're ever at an event where it would be called for, i'd want it to look right. The only sorta fashion tip I have is a relatively counter-intuitive one- I think it looks better if she actually goes for the boyish look (hair tied back, jeans instead of dress, etc... cuz if she tries to look too feminine, it seems to show more what she was before. thanks :o

Edited by PeaceBlondie
Alter topic title, reassign to non-gay sub-forum

i'm sorry, I think there was a misunderstanding, my gf IS a ladyboy and I would like tips for her. I realize my post didn't make that clear and it reads like i'm just asking for random makeup advice for women from ladyboys, -in reality i'm asking for anyone's advice on a ladyboy's makeup. dang im stupid. furthermore, the chaotic bedlam of General Topics is no place for such a topic i think. :o

Edited by Svenn

Still the same reasoning for moving the topic; issues relating to ladyboys are not wanted in the gay forum, which is only for Real Gay Men. :o

(Though seeing how often ladyboy related topics clutter up General and the bedlam that ensues, I think a point could be made for a dedicated ladyboy forum. I mean gays and women have their own place, it only makes sense to have one for the third gender as well.)

But anyway, as for the question, it's not like there's a shortage of ladyboys working in the hair & beauty shop industry, so by all means try it out and report back how it went. I also completely agree with you in not going overly feminine as per the standard Thai Thai beauty pageant look; that looks ridiculous on anyone, females included. :D

Ok, This is just my observations in general from both Thailand & the UK;

I find that the majority ladyboys go a bit ott on the make up thus highlighting the fact that they are not born women.

Women (born ones) tend to go for a more subtle look where as ladyboys/ts do a lot of shading (presumably to soften their jaws, nose brow etc), wear too much eye makeup & go for the overly arched eyebrows etc for a normal day wear or for an evening out (not to a club where ott makeup is accepted)

Also, the colour used for foundation is usually the wrong shade, again making one focus on the face too long.

The most successfull lb's I see are the ones who don't try to beautify too hard. Like a born women would, natural foundation, minimum eye makeup & natural colour lipstick, so I would agree with Donna & Alaina, a professional makeup counter will show her how to apply properly to best effect & also advise on what colours work best. :o

oh & I would go with her so that you can also offer your opinion on the most natural & flattering look, the sales girls are after all there to sell & may end up flogging her a load of stuff she doesn't need. :D

Agree with Boo. Less is better than more, avoid too-bright colors of eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick. For daytime maybe just blush, lipgloss, and mascara is enough. If her skintone is uneven, foundation and powder may be needed in the daytime.

Foundation MUST be the right shade or it throws the whole look off. This is 99% likely to be a darker shade than your gf wants to wear. TIT where whiter is better, but it looks terrible and unnatural. Same goes for the powder. Try to discern if your gf has a "cool" or "warm" skintone and choose colors accordingly.

The non-feminine look to her face has a lot to do with the layer of fat women have that softens the look of their bone structure. This even varies during the month for women, with them having the "softest" looking face when they are most fertile. It's directly related to estrogen levels, so maybe an adjustment there would help?

Cathy and Boo are right. Eye brows and make up. She show have her eye brows done properly. It shouldn't be over plucked or very dramatically arched or look drawn on. Have the salon stick to as natural an arch as possible and not remove too much of her brows.

Also, foundation color is very important. It should be good quality and as close to her natural skin color as possible. If she's got dark skin, a custom blended foundation might be worth looking into. I find powder foundation is more natural looking than liquid which can sometimes look like a mask. She should also probably keep lip and eye color to neutral shades.

Take her to the professional make up counters and help her check out what colors look good on her. The counter attendants can show her how to use various products. There are also loads of make up tips and tutorials online that she can check out and use.