Land - Raising 1 Rai By 1m

Just wondering if anyone has their finger on the pulse of land-raise prices. e.g. 1 rai to be raised by 1m = 1600cuM fill.

Diesel prices were cited as the reason for huge increases in the cost over the last year, now diesel is more sensible, how about charges for X truck loads of fill? Anyone have up to the minute experience?

Hi Marvo,

Just had land filled a couple months back, a truck load cost me about 600 baht, i belief the truck was aprox 35 - 40 cu M. hope that helps. we are located on an island, so prices might be a bit lower on the main land.

CHF

Huh? That must be one massive truck there :o

Normally the 10 wheel trucks carry roughly 10 Cu M...

In Pattaya yesterday 1000 Baht/truck, admittedly I only ordered 2, so probably quite a bit lower for bigger amounts...

Hi Marvo,

Just had land filled a couple months back, a truck load cost me about 600 baht, i belief the truck was aprox 35 - 40 cu M. hope that helps. we are located on an island, so prices might be a bit lower on the main land.

CHF

Huh? That must be one massive truck there :D

Normally the 10 wheel trucks carry roughly 10 Cu M...

In Pattaya yesterday 1000 Baht/truck, admittedly I only ordered 2, so probably quite a bit lower for bigger amounts...

From what I can remember, a couple of years ago the price used to be quoted as a flat 100,000 Baht for 1600 cu M (1 rai raised 1m) on the mainland, i.e. 160 truck loads.

That would make it 625 baht a load. 3-4 months ago I heard a price mentioned of 900 baht a load for a big fill but that was when oil was $145 a barrel. Now crude is down to June 2007 prices....... :o ?

There will be a huge difference in price depending where they get the fill. For example, if you lived in my area, you could have all the fill you want for less than the cost of loading and hauling. I would be quite pleased to get rid of it and would have paid for someone to take it away.

The tray of a 10 wheel dump truck is usually 7m x 2.4m in area. It is usually filled to about 70cm - 80cm in depth per load, no more otherwise over load occurs (That is not to say the truck can't carry more, it can, however, the highway police are very strict on over laden vehicles). Approx 10 - 12 m3.

As far as prices going down - they should, but so far haven't. We haven't lowered our price (yet), as none of of our competitors have lowered their prices. Call it recovery of monies lost during the high fuel price period. :D

Cheers,

Soundman. :o