Bangkok- Kanchanaburi Ride Report October 23-25

BigBikeBKK

What a fun trip! BIG thanks to Franz for putting it all together and letting me join at the last minute.

Here's Thursday's ride:

BKKKanchanaburiMap.jpg

I met up with the guys at a nice shady spot just past Prachin Buri on Route 319-

1023PrachinBikesSm.jpg

Nice group of bikes- 2 Yamaha FJR 1300's, a Fazer 1000, a Ninja ZX12R, a Harley Davidson Heritage Classic and my little Ninja 250R.

I usually cruise at about 100-120km/hr, but I had to up the pace to keep up with these guys! We cruised to Kanchanaburi averaging 120-140km/hr and made very good time.

Only got a little lost once-

1023PitStopZm.jpg

John's GPS came in quite handy icon_biggrin.gif

It was a HOT day and we rode about 330 km. Upon arrival in Kanchanaburi we checked into our rooms and met up on the deck of the River Kwai Resort from some much needed beverages! beerchug.gif

Here's the view from the deck-

1023TrainOnBrdgSm.jpg

Nice, huh?

DAY TWO-

Breakfast at the Jolly Frog (highly recommended!) and we set off to explore the beautiful winding Route 3199 that leads to Erawan Falls and Dam and Si Sawat-

1024ErawanZm.jpg

At the entrance to Erawan Falls and Dam

Here are some pictures we took on top of the dam-

1024DamBikesZm.jpg

Somebody is ready to RIDE! icon_cool.gif

1024NinjaMirDam1Zm.jpg

On to the reservoir and lunch on the lake at the Heaven Lake Resort-

1024HvnLkBikes1Sm.jpg

I'd heard a rumor that these GT Rider guys like to eat... It's TRUE!!! icon_wink.gif

DAY 3-

Most of our group headed home on Saturday and those who remained decided to relax at the resort and have a couple of beers. A wise man told me that means 1 beer + 1 beer which makes 11 beers... icon_wink.gif

Had to see some of the tourist sites-

1025MarcMirBrdg1Zm.jpg

I wanted to ride some more so I set our for Sai Yok in the direction of the Three Pagodas Pass on Route 323-

1025Ninja250RSm.jpg

Happy Trails!

1025Route363Sm.jpg

Thanks! GT Riders I salute you. Now can anyone tell me whether there is some riding in Kanchanaburi that's anywhere near as good as that on Penang Island i.e. good roads and hours of twisties and who needs a big bike anyway? Mind you - a sweet little 250 v-twin would help blow the locals away. Maybe next time or next time maybe Chieng Mai.

RAW IN BKK

• 2 weeks later...
Hi RAW in BKK,

Kanchanaburi has many excellent roads which is why it's a popular destination for motorcyclists.

Thanks again: I may have a new job in Saraburi. Are there any tight 'n twisty well surfaced roads around there e.g. in Kao Yai or is it all fast sweepers? I am not keen on high speeds in the Thai countryside because of the high accident rate and especially as I ride alone. Badass looking little Ninja by the way - is that the Johnny Cask Replica? I would like a Honda Spada myself, but I think my budget will max out at 10,000 baht so I might have to do some bad things to a little GTO.

RAW.

Check out the 3199 to Si Sawat and the 323 to Three Pagodas Pass for starters:

1025Ninja250RSm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Brilliant trip and report Tony, Neng has given me the long story with loads of pics from the trip, looked like a lot of fun.

I see you're on the ER-6n thingy, just talked with Neng and he told me one of the GT-R's bought a brand spanking new ER-6f for 300k, now that I would consider so I have put in a request for price for one as a tour bike. Spare parts would be cheap as the ER-6n, ER-6f and Versys is basically the same bike as naked, with fairing and with higher suspension as the main differences so when they sell the ER-6n the parts should become cheap for either of the bikes. If you're interested let me know and we might get a rebate for buying 2 in one go...

Cheers Bard

post-60239-1226464162_thumb.jpg

post-60239-1226464176_thumb.jpg

Hi Bard!

Oh yes- I'm waiting with anticipation the day Kawasaki starts selling the ER-6N here in Thailand.

The nice folks at the Rama 9 Kawasaki Big Bike showroom tells me they'll go on sale in Thailand early next year. Price is not set in stone but expected to be around 290,000THB which will make this bike the best value 600cc (actually 650cc) motorcycle in Thailand.

I've told them to call me the minute they start taking deposits :o

ER6NBlack1.jpg:D:D:D

• 1 month later...
I see you're on the ER-6n thingy, just talked with Neng and he told me one of the GT-R's bought a brand spanking new ER-6f for 300k, now that I would consider so I have put in a request for price for one as a tour bike. If you're interested let me know and we might get a rebate for buying 2 in one go...

Cheers Bard

Hiya Bard!

Are you still interested in getting an ER-6? I sure am, but unconfirmed rumors say that the Thailand launch date of the ER-6N may be delayed... (Just last week Kawasaki sales still told me the ER-6N will launch in January, but who knows... TiT after all :o ) Was wondering if you ever spoke to the GT Rider who bought an ER-6f for 300k new. If I could find one for that price in the LOS I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but seems Kawasaki won't be selling them for a while yet...

Happy Trails!

Tony