• Latest posts...

1. 33

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

2. 87

Trump chickens out again.

3. 140

Should A Woman Be Allowed to hold the office of President of the USA?

4. 140

5. 87

Trump chickens out again.

6. 63

No travel insurance for me !

7. 60

CNG and LPG vehicles face crackdown after tragic school bus fire

8. 28

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

9. 60

CNG and LPG vehicles face crackdown after tragic school bus fire

10. 140

11. 40

Kamala Harris' Election Prospects Slip in Prediction Market Amid Trump's Surge

12. 373

What does the average British expat think of Tommy?

13. 0

France and Italy Deport Extremists Amid Security Concerns

14. 129

Toppings for toast?

Correct Tyres For Cm Usage -

SoloFlyer

Cracks have become increasingly visible in my tyres so have started a new topic - some info already in the amnuay thread...

A while ago there was talk about the importance of having the correct tyres, but cant seem to find it.

So am seeking advice on what tyres to get for a small SUV (soccer -mum type, without the flashy clothes)... the current Olympic tyres are 7yrs old with plenty of thread, but cracking/hardened...even a small tear on one wall.

What's the best brand for CM use?? Mostly on road - up and down canal road several times a week, the occasional off-road trip.

About this I know nothing - will search some - but thought I should ask before spending money on the wrong thing. Chrs.

Recommendations on where to get them also welcome.

I recommend BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour at 4290B each as at 15th July this year. The Low rolling resistance is a plus thus more km per litre of fuel, the tire is new for SUVs and pickups, check out a brochure. Talk to the owner's son who speaks English at the tyre dealer opp the Kasikorn Bank just south of the Central airport intersection on your way to Tesco, same side. Price is good.

To check another reliable dealer, try the tire dealer on the moat south of Thaepae Gate just past the Commercial College.

Possibly consider rotating your tyres at every oil change: mine is every 3000km.

Cracked tires may well end up with your Karma over riding your Dogma. Chokdi... :o

Ata, The place you mentioned has to order my size in for the Long Trail. 7 days. Will cost 3.5k.

Could replace with the same Michellin as i have for 4.2k ea.t

Long Trail in my size are made in China, a smaller Long Trail is made in Thailand. - should i be concerned about Chinese made??

Hi,

The price, of course, depends on the size of the wheel.

Michelin is aok, but the new Michelin 'Energy' (low rolling resistance) tyre is for cars only, so I was told.

Thus the alternate for me at least is BFGood: I did not bother; but, you may wish to check the prices at their large depot at the side of the superhwy opp the renamed Rama II hospital 3-way intersect that leads North to MaeJo. Had not realized where the larger sized Long Trails were made; as for tyres made there, some of their residents possibly buy them. Cheers