New Expat In Bkk... To Wait Out The Crisis

barcelonatio

Hi,

I am one of those economic refugees from Europe that want to chill in BKK to wait out the economic storm and go back once the dust has settled in like 6 months or a year. You know, get messages daily, enjoy the tropic weather, meet with friends at Starbucks and pop off to the islands on a whim.... all this while while my counterparts in Europe are stressed to a frazzle. If I am not going to make any money, I might as well enjoy myself! Sooo... is there a local website like Craigslist in Thailand? The actual Craigslist Thailand pages don´t seem very used. I am also curious to see if there are other ex-business people doing the same thing which sounds extremely tempting (and do-able) for many people. It would be interesting to meet someone similar to share notes on visa extensions, and expat life in BKK. You can email me at [email protected]. Let's meet for a Frappachino ! Cheers mates.

If you are talking about the casual social hookup aspect of craigslist, I don't think there is the same kind of active site in Thailand at least for expats. And you are correct craigslist Thailand area is not popular. There are of course dating hookup sites that are popular here, but thats different. This site is not geared to your kind of request, but there are meetup type events in the bigger cities.

Edited by Jingthing