! Aussies Go Home !

rexall

The international ring tone would indicate to the caller that you are not in Australia

Bloody party pooper! :D:D:D

It's the cross referencing with Aus Immi, that has us by the short & curlies...

You'd think they'd be glad that an OAP was out of the country and not using services like hospitals, discounted public transport, discounted phones etc. There's no pleasing some :o

It's another news media beat up Doc, you notice the more they focus on Latham versus howard as preferred PM the lower Mark's rating goes.

McMullens comments on 7 on Sunday have really been taken out of context but what else do you expect from the media here.

I think as more baby boomers reach OAP age you will find the Goverment of the day looking for more ways to cease payments, there's gonna be a lot of em and it's gonna be a heap of money required.

Not only that, there are a lot of free loaders in the land down under, it doesn't matter what, if one can get away with it one will find a way to get away with it. :o Remember Australia was colonized by petty crims and murders and the likes from good old mother England some 200 years ago. :D

Australia wasn't colonized by petty crims and murderers, New South Wales, Tasmania and Norfolk Island were, to begin with but as time progressed the tide of free settlers increased.

South Australia's colonization began in 1836 and its' immigrants consisted completely of free settlers.

If you have any mates over here who are retired beaurocrats HIT THEM VERY HARD POUR PETROL OVER THEIR PRIVATES AND LIGHT :o

No Yoe, you make a big mistake.

Bob Patong made a posting and he informed us that he has been working for your Centerlinks. And he made clear that the system is not the one of his choice.

It are not the people who are civil servants who are to blame.

They don't make the decisions.

The decisions are made by the politicians, that's why Australia is called a democraty.

The decision to limit the payment of pensions overseas unless you choose to live in Craotia or Slovenia and some other countries, is a political decision.

As I understand, the majority of the Australian population voted for conservative politics and limiting all kinds of social security is a typical conservative way to do.

That you can see even clearer in the USA. The idea behind is the belief that if the rich people get richer, that they will found new factories where the poor can work to enable them to create a meager , but better existence.

That's why the last reign of Mr. Bush lowered the taxes for the wealthiest group of people. For the profit of people like Boon Mee, who is a very wealthy man.

Mr. Bush was re-elected (I am sure Mr. Boon Mee voted for him) and so was Mr. Howard (I am sure that some of the complainers voted for him).

So you have to HIT the people who voted in this governement again VERY HARD POUR PETROL OVER THEIR PRIVATES AND LIGHT.

Fighting the majority of the population of Australia? Maybe even including yourself.

Yes, that's a good idea, you have some petrol and a lighter? Do it outside in a public place! For the publicity!

Poor Yoe.

PS The proof that you are alive can be organised by sending a yearly 'attesta de vita', with a stamp of your embassy or an officer of the Immigration Department. As many other countries ask of their pensioners.

From a similar thread about the British pensions:

The Government is also looking into removing the clauses that prevent expat pensioners receiving pension increases (source Mr. Guesthouse).

Ment is among other inflation-correction, I suppose.

I wonder if a conservative government in Britain would have had the same intentions.

What do you think?

For the less informed Australians: Britain has a labour government.

For the less informed Americans: Britain has an extremely leftwing government of horrible liberals and communists, who are all peadofilians and drug-addicts who should be put in jail to rot.

From a similar thread about the British pensions:

The Government is also looking into removing the clauses that prevent expat pensioners receiving pension increases (source Mr. Guesthouse).

Ment is among other inflation-correction, I suppose.

I wonder if a conservative government in Britain would have had the same intentions.

What do you think?

For the less informed Australians: Britain has a labour government.

For the less informed Americans: Britain has an extremely leftwing government of horrible liberals and communists, who are all peadofilians and drug-addicts who should be put in jail to rot.

Obviously a conservative point of view :o

Having been away since Harold Holt went for a swim, I arrived in Oz 3 months ago without any idea of the Oz pollies or politics.

When I first saw Latham, my first impression was, what a big immature kid.

In 3 months he has confirmed my opinion.

Those who did vote labour voted for the party and not Latham.

Until they find a replacement they are going to lose the next election and the next etc.

No one wants the job! :o

If you thought Latham was bad you should get a good long gander at Howard.

BTW Howard is the PM.

Unfortunately for Australia there is not a leader amongst the present bunch of the pollies and there is very little difference between the two major parties.

They both suck big time.

Having been away since Harold Holt went for a swim, I arrived in Oz 3 months ago without any idea of the Oz pollies or politics.

When I first saw Latham, my first impression was, what a big immature kid.

In 3 months he has confirmed my opinion.

Those who did vote labour voted for the party and not Latham.

Until they find a replacement they are going to lose the next election and the next etc.

No one wants the job! :o

Jeeez Udon ... have you been gone for nearly 40 years ?

Limbo old mate the bit about hitting and pouring petrol was meant to be tongue in cheek. Although I realise this must be hard for a beauro to see it as being funny.

i've payed tax since 1952 and am still paying it today. I'm well aware of the politicians part in all this but I would doubt that pollies retire over here so there wasn't any reason to make them part of the joke. If the joke hurt I'm not about to make any apoligies. Go stand out side a center link office and watch the people coming out after being treated like 3rd class citizens.

I'm talking from personal experience and my experience was that the people at centerlink actually enjoyed putting folks down, talk about power trips. Joe

Hi all,

I have an Aussie pensioner friend who believes that there is a (new?) policy that Aussie expat pensioners have to return to OZ every six months to keep their pensions payments coming in. Terrible, if true.  But the thing that sounded really strange  is that apparently you don't even have to report in person; only call on the telephone and answer some questions or give a password or something.

I'm not Aussie, and my friend is not very sophisticated about ferreting out info like this. He thinks he may have to get on a plane this week! Can anyone confirm that, or have any additional information?

Thanks, lah!

Aloha,

Rex

How terrible :o

Australia is a nice country, the dollar is very very strong against the baht now, a flight is only 20,000 return. I know of some Aussie who get more than 50,000 pension!

Maybe they are worried about you all, maybe going senile !

Sat 4 Dec 04 , 7:43 p.m.

Hi all,

I have an Aussie pensioner friend who believes that there is a (new?) policy that  Aussie expat pensioners have to return to OZ every six months to keep their pensions payments coming in.  Terrible, if true.  :o  But the thing that sounded really strange  :D  is that apparently you don't even have to report in person; only call on the telephone and answer some questions or give a password or something.

I'm not Aussie, and my friend is not very sophisticated about ferreting out info like this.  He thinks he may have to get on a plane this week!  Can anyone confirm that, or have any additional information?

Thanks, lah!

Aloha,

Rex

We are moving to thailand in the new year, and have been informed in writing by Centrelink Brisbane,to qualify for our old age pensions, we must return for a minimum of 4 weeks every six months , also, if we leave Australia for more than 18 months out of 36, our pension is forfeit and we must then return to Oz for a minimumum of 6 months to qualify again, these new laws come into being on the 1/1/2005, so what the heck we told them politely to look up the greeting from Gotz von Berlichengen, in the german history books , an ancient way of telling them to kiss our respective anal orifices, why spend our money going back to kiss some beurocrats feet, thai beurocrats can take lessons from australians,hope this helps , the embassies should have this information too, Nignoy

G'day Nignoy.

Thanks for that info, does it just relate to Thailand or ALL countries outside Aus?

Might be worth moving to E.Timor just for a cheap airfare every 6 months :D

It makes no difference to my UK army pension and the jury is still out on my german state pension,we have gone into this with solicitors here in Oz and in Europe, would be grateful for any advice concerning drawing german state pension in Thailand, this is not a wind up, before emigrating to OZ I worked in Germany for twenty years so Iam entitled to their pension as well.They pay the ozzie pension no problem in UK and NZ no time limits sorry have no info on other countries,hope this helps , in Finishing, Help preserve Australia !! Pickle An Aussie!! Nignoy

G'day Nignoy.

Thanks for that info, does it just relate to Thailand or ALL countries outside Aus?

Might be worth moving to E.Timor just for a cheap airfare every 6 months :o

It makes no difference to my UK army pension and the jury is still out on my german state pension,we have gone into this with solicitors here in Oz and in Europe, would be grateful for any advice concerning drawing german state pension in Thailand, this is not a wind up, before emigrating to OZ I worked in Germany for twenty years so Iam entitled to their pension as well.They pay the ozzie pension no problem in UK and NZ no time limits sorry have no info on other countries,hope this helps , in Finishing, Help preserve Australia !! Pickle An Aussie!! Nignoy

We are quite capable of pickling ourselves thanks..... :D

G'day Nignoy.

It seems to be general. Is there a phone in that shed Reporter Udon ? Be a TV investigator ( and you won't have to work for Oz moguls :D )

Yes, I could make a few calls and get back here with a bit of info on Friday.

Nothing on Centerlinks website?

G'day Nignoy.

It seems to be general. Is there a phone in that shed Reporter Udon ? Be a TV investigator ( and you won't have to work for Oz moguls :D )

Yes, I could make a few calls and get back here with a bit of info on Friday.

Nothing on Centerlinks website?

It seems to be their latest innovation.