Two years overstay, what do do?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I talked to a Fillipino musician yesterday. He just came back from Aranya Prathet after a 1 year and 1 day overstay. He paid his 20,000 Baht, went to Cam for 2 minutes and got back into Thailand without any problem. They asked for his mobile phone number, that's all.

ASIC

<font color='#000000'>The easiest and safest way is to keep a very low profile so the Boys in Brown doesn't catch you *before* you check in at Don Muang or exit at any border.

You must first plan for a trip abroad. You might also want to apply for a new passport while away.

The overstay fee is 200 Baht/day, up to a maximum of 20,000 Baht. It can never be more.

Just have the 20,000 in cash ready to pay at the Immigration counter at the airport or border when you leave, and don't argue with them - just smile and pay.

They have a special overstay office inside where you will just sign a couple of forms and get stamped with an overstay stamp.

That's it! No problems! You will not be blacklisted nor deported.

Do *not* visit the Immigration Bureau to clear the overstay, beacuse then they will fine you and jail you up in IDC, Immigration Detention center before deportation. You will be jailed until you can show a one-way return ticket to your home country, pay the 20,000 Baht in fine, plus taxifare to the airport.

It can be hard to get a new visa to Thailand with that Bad Boy Stamp in your passport, so better change it to a new one before entering the Kingdom again.</font>

Hey Wow, thanks a lot uncle fester, that sets my mind right at ease. Now with that info, unlike the scaremongering info I've read here before, I can overstay to my hearts delight w/o worry. 1 year, 2, 3 whatever. your the best, festation. Why can't others in this forum give straight forward info like yourself?

Indo-Siam sir, Is the posting of the overstay stamp to lend credibilty to the story? I'll take your word. Posting of this stamp, good or not? :o

I dont believe the story. I want to see the stamp.

I also want to see a copy of your luch receipt.

As Fester and DocPP said, you will not like what happens if you're caught overstaying your permit. Make an OTB run and pay the THB20k and you can re-enter Thailand a few minutes later with a clean slate ... but ... don't push your luck by overstaying a second time.

I think that this one isn't gonna be one of the world's great thinkers Rod. Not big in compliance, He'll whine like a 747 when he does come unstuck.

You deserve to get locked up in detention you Pratt! I have seen the place, not from the inside because I have a VALID visa. You wouldnt wish your worst enemy in there. Once inside, HOPE TO GOD you have someone on the outside who knows where u are and can sort out your deportation.

People like this piss me off, I pay $225.00 a year for my B+ multi visa, and try to follow the rules, yet clowns with hardly a baht in their pocket whine and snivel when things go wrong, yet only have themselves to blame.

Ok rant mode off now :o:D

You deserve to get locked up in detention you Pratt! I have seen the place, not from the inside because I have a VALID visa. You wouldnt wish your worst enemy in there. Once inside, HOPE TO GOD you have someone on the outside who knows where u are and can sort out your deportation.

People like this piss me off, I pay $225.00 a year for my B+ multi visa, and try to follow the rules, yet clowns with hardly a baht in their pocket whine and snivel when things go wrong, yet only have themselves to blame.

Ok rant mode off now :o:D

Agreed.............if you want to stay here, you must play by the rules.

Maybe he looks for some peace, or is it piece?

Anyway, income in IDC, I hear, is Baht 70 a day, 20K are easily paid with 286 days.

Add more costs fo court etc, perhaps buy a ticket, round about 600 days should do.

But lenno, I am not so sure if you are serious, this post is not in a pattern with your others.

Dr. why Klaus? Isn't the correct translation into English Clod? Or am I wrong again, nah I'm not.

I talked to a Fillipino musician yesterday. He just came back from Aranya Prathet after a 1 year and 1 day overstay. He paid his 20,000 Baht, went to Cam for 2 minutes and got back into Thailand without any problem. They asked for his mobile phone number, that's all.

ASIC

I think, this is a very good advice. I myself in that situation would go over to Malaysia - pay the 20000 baht in Padang Besar or any other border point there -

I would NOT leave by airplane...

Be very careful with overstay… 5 years ago, I overstayed for 6 month and have been caught by immigration. I paid all my finds, but have been jailed 3 weeks in Chiangmai and one in IDC Bangkok before being deported. I did not have problems to come back, but I changed my passport, and my wife is Thai.

So good luck because jails and specially IDC where you are between 60 to 80 people in one big room is a real ######.

Do not let yourself get caught before you reach the airport.I overstayed one year and ended up in a Pattaya prison for three weeks before I was transported to the detention center in Bangkok and deported.It is hot like ######,crowded and inmates are being treated worse than animals.You will get rice three times a day,you must have money so you can buy water,After otherwise you wont get any.

But the worst part was to sleep without a blanket on the concrete.After a couple of days my body was in a terrible pain.Icould hardly move.

So good luck because jails and specially IDC where you are between 60 to 80 people in one big room is a real ######.

Check out Ranong Immigration, there are more than 80 in a room, maybe 1,000...

Regards, Andrew

1000......Thats one h#ll of a room :o

Maybe he looks for some peace, or is it piece?

Anyway, income in IDC, I hear, is Baht 70 a day, 20K are easily paid with 286 days.

Add more costs fo court etc, perhaps buy a ticket, round about 600 days should do.

But lenno, I am not so sure if you are serious, this post is not in a pattern with your others.

Dr. why Klaus? Isn't the correct translation into English Clod? Or am I wrong again, nah I'm not.

Klaus the louse Axel :o

just to clarify what 'fester' said about do NOT go to immigration to sort it out..

well I did..i had only run out of visa on the friday and i was in on the monday...and as fester mentioned, I had an onward airticket with me..

but there was no drama..paid the few hundred baht and left..

i went to Suan Plu in bkk btw.

so i think you can go there if you are prepared..but i guess it could be different with an almighty overstay.

I have never ever understood this business of ' overstaying ' - to me

it is rude and inconsiderate and I can understand why the

authorities take such a dim view.

Imagine inviting a guest to your home for the weekend

and then that guest just stays on without asking....its no

different..... When you are a ' guest ' in another country,

the very least you can do is respect the date stamps.

I simply cant see why it so difficult for so many people

to do so ?