Two years overstay, what do do?

I have a friend's friend who married a Thai wife and have 2 kids with her. But he did not go back to his country for 15 years, because he was wanted for some investment fraud charges in his country. He over stayed 15 years in Thailand and married Thai wife and have kids. And his passport expired many years ago as well. But now his fraud charges have expired and dropped by the court in his country. He has decided to go back to his country to see his family after 15 years. He lives in Hat Yai area with his wife and kids and he plans to get a new passport from his embassy and walk through Padang border and pay the 20000 fine. Is it this simple in this more complicated case??? He did not know what will happen at the customs either. Any advice for his case??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I was appointed to help solve a similar case (overstay 2345 days)

Your friend has to visit his embassy to get a new passeport. This will be not a

problem, especially if his case at home is closed.

Now he is ready to depart Thailand. He should go to Don Muang airport. Not many questions will be asked!!!!!! He has to pay the maximal fine of Baht 20,000. Another Baht 10,000 will open the way to get the overstay stamp into the old passeport and not the brandnew one!!!!!! My "client" was also married and came back to Thailand after only 3 days with a non Immigrant O visa. (Singapore)

I know after such a long time it will take some courage to solve the problem, but I think it's worth it.

WC