Breakfast In Pattaya

fourbaht

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anzacs used to do a great brekky on Soi Pttyland1 , happy days... :D

Was one of the best little expats hangouts ever in Pat.

Agree about the food and it was the only place for years that you could get the likes of VB,Carls,Hein,Tiger etc.

It was also full of those little 2 bit east end boys on the run....nice lads :D

Singha/klosters had the monopoly.

Good pool table and if you were hung over you could just sit and watch their videos all day....er....remember videos.....big black oblong things with tapes inside.. :o

Worst thing that ever happened was to sell out and become a Monica...whit a dive :D

Agree about the food and it was the only place for years that you could get the likes of VB,Carls,Hein,Tiger etc.

Good pool table and if you were hung over you could just sit and watch their videos all day....er....remember videos.....big black oblong things with tapes inside.. :o

Worst thing that ever happened was to sell out and become a Monica...whit a dive :D

the sell out was due to tragic cicumstances....However a mate has told me that you still get a good brekky there.

Absolutely Rin , I remember flitting between there and the Sugar Shack , when Greg,Stoney etc were running it. I used to rent a room in the Jenny Bar , before all of the gay bars engulfed Pttyaland. Even the Cheers bar used too be a good laugh in those days... :D

• 4 years later...
The Continental does execellent English breakfasts (although not English bacon :o )

including baked beans, orange jucie, tea/coffee and 4 slices of their lovely bread all for 95 Baht.

I used to go to Jomtien for mine, but now I go to this location as I can walk it from where I live. Owned by a Thai lady, don't know where she learnt to cook all these different styles of breakfast?

Yes, agreed, but I am still looking for a good breakfast place with black pudding? Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I hate English breakfast as well as the all around ABF ;-)

Where do they serve fresh and crisoy Baguette or Rolls? Many place in Naklua (been there, had it), but where about in Central / South Pattaya?

• 1 month later...
What is it with the english and there breakfasts ?

Don't worry, they make up for it with their dinners! :o

Its the same as you septics and your 5 page threads on reconstituted cows intestines (Burgers).

I ate at Crazy Daves one time. The cottage pie was absolutely horrible! I would descibe it as over heated, microwaved, canned dog food with dried out instant mashed potatoes and brown pond slime gravy. Save your money and just buy dog food at Lotus.

If English breakfast was all that was available, I would skip it! Clogged arteries and heart attacks just waiting to happen.

Apex Hotel used to be acceptable. Was there last week and found that variety and quality have declined considerably. Don't think I will be back for a very long time.

I ate at Crazy Daves one time. The cottage pie was absolutely horrible! I would descibe it as over heated, microwaved, canned dog food with dried out instant mashed potatoes and brown pond slime gravy. Save your money and just buy dog food at Lotus.

If English breakfast was all that was available, I would skip it! Clogged arteries and heart attacks just waiting to happen.

An English breakfast doesn't have to be high in saturated fats, scrambled eggs, grilled bacon and tomato and baked beans and mushrooms being a healthy way to start the day.

Sure, give the fried bread and sausage a miss!

• 3 months later...

UPDATE!

I had a high quality English Breakfast at 'The Little Wonder' restaurant in the covered shopping arcade parallel to Soi Diana yesterday. (2nd Road).

Highly recommended. The cafe is situated at the end of the arcade opposited 'Papagaybar' and next to an Indian restaurant (I've never been to)....

You can't miss it.

PS. On the way down to the bottom of the arcade it helps just to ignore the seven Indian gentlemen selling made-to-measure suits.

Any news on Tropical Bert's breakfast?

Yes.

Yesterday he had Weetabix and today he had Cornflakes and toast. :)

Very funny, actually Tropical Bert's is a great breakfast in Pattaya, but being near to Soi 6 the temptation can strike after the large pork sausage and two fried eggs.

I have had a few ok english breakfasts in Patts but the bacon is always rubbish.

Recentley in the uk found a cracker of a place

2 bacon, 2 sausage, egg, beans, plum tomatoes, mushrooms, black puddin, 2 toasts and tea, for £3.30.

Burp !

I have had a few ok english breakfasts in Patts but the bacon is always rubbish.

2 bacon, 2 sausage, egg, beans, plum tomatoes, mushrooms, black puddin, 2 toasts and tea, for £3.30.

Burp !

That's very helpful for Pattaya ex-pats.

Burp !

That's very helpful for Pattaya ex-pats.

Could have at least said where in the U.K.

hi all, was in robins nest, steves place on soi bukhaow, he is being really inventive to try and get people in, he's advertising on the board outside a real breakfast, starting with cornflakes, includes mushrooms, black pudding and everything as usual, plus any drink, not just tea, and as much as you want, limit 3 drinks, hel_l of a deal, 199 baht, i know because i get a couple of his great sunday lunches thru the week at 129 baht, check it out

hi all, was in robins nest, steves place on soi bukhaow, he is being really inventive to try and get people in, he's advertising on the board outside a real breakfast, starting with cornflakes, includes mushrooms, black pudding and everything as usual, plus any drink, not just tea, and as much as you want, limit 3 drinks, hel_l of a deal, 199 baht, i know because i get a couple of his great sunday lunches thru the week at 129 baht, check it out

I stopped in there about a year ago, I was really surprised at how good the food was. They also have wifi, just ask for the code. Been back about twice since, the only reason I haven't been back more often is that I don't like sitting outdoors to eat. If that's not a big deal, then this place is really good. Even the service is good, which seems to be on a steep decline all over Pattaya.