Breakfast In Pattaya

fourbaht

I have been an avid follower of this topic and have followed recommendations on my visits to Pattaya.

I just want to cast my vote behind Tropical Berts 160 Baht Full English for the best breakfast in Pattaya.

It wins on quality and value for me. Serrvice was good too and I had no problem getting a coffee 'refill' to follow up my initial cup of tea.

Scraping the barrel to find fault but I think they use Ayam baked beans - personally, I prefer Brook or McGarrett.

9.5/10

Edited by cardholder

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The diner in Villa supermarket is good 2 eggs toast marmalade juice ham or sausage or bacon fruit juice for 68 add side order of baked beans for extra 18 baht,coffee or tea

No grits though ,hel_l it 'aint breakfast without grits

Saw the advert for the buffet at Poseidon Restaurant in the Jomtien Complex so thought we would try – sounded a very good menu at 145 Baht. Also, being the same owner as Casa Pascal things looked promising.

Well sorry to say but a huge disappointment. Apart from items on the menu not being available the basic’s were shocking. The eggs, sausages (well that is what it was billed as, but nothing like a sausage) and bacon (another joke) were cooked to order outside but even with no other order took an age then forgot items that were ordered !

Sorry, back to Caddy Shack or Jameson’s for me.

Saw the advert for the buffet at Poseidon Restaurant in the Jomtien Complex so thought we would try – sounded a very good menu at 145 Baht. Also, being the same owner as Casa Pascal things looked promising.

Well sorry to say but a huge disappointment. Apart from items on the menu not being available the basic's were shocking. The eggs, sausages (well that is what it was billed as, but nothing like a sausage) and bacon (another joke) were cooked to order outside but even with no other order took an age then forgot items that were ordered !

Sorry, back to Caddy Shack or Jameson's for me.

Nice to have confirmation of my post :)

Too bad the standards are so low on the Jomtien side

Well sorry to say but a huge disappointment. Apart from items on the menu not being available the basic's were shocking. The eggs, sausages (well that is what it was billed as, but nothing like a sausage) and bacon (another joke) were cooked to order outside but even with no other order took an age then forgot items that were ordered !

Sorry to hear anyone who had a bad dining experience anywhere, and I can't blame you for not going back. But, today I went to Poseidon again for the buffet (about my 4th time). I think it's great and here's why:

Variety of tasty, fresh foods and price-.

I had: 2 fried eggs and 4 pcs. of crispy bacon which came to the table about 5 minutes after I ordered. While I waited, I "buffed-up" with a fresh salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions & vinaigrette); a few pcs. of smoked fish and some herring w/onions; rosti potatoes; sauteed mushrooms; fresh bread & butter; some fresh fruit and orange juice (tttt, their oj is not great). And, I didn't take many other dishes they had on offer.

145 baht... good deal for a full meal IMHO. PS- it's a nice place, too.

Poseidon isn't specifically an "English" breakfast. No baked beans or bloody pudding. I can't imagine a non-English breakfast obsessed person thinking their buffet isn't among the top deals, quality/price, in town for brekkie. Anyway, whatever. Canned bean lovers, you've been warned.

Sorry to hear anyone who had a bad dining experience anywhere, and I can't blame you for not going back. But, today I went to Poseidon again for the buffet (about my 4th time). I think it's great and here's why:

Variety of tasty, fresh foods and price-.

I had: 2 fried eggs and 4 pcs. of crispy bacon which came to the table about 5 minutes after I ordered. While I waited, I "buffed-up" with a fresh salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions & vinaigrette); a few pcs. of smoked fish and some herring w/onions; rosti potatoes; sauteed mushrooms; fresh bread & butter; some fresh fruit and orange juice (tttt, their oj is not great). And, I didn't take many other dishes they had on offer.

145 baht... good deal for a full meal IMHO. PS- it's a nice place, too.

I enjoyed the Poseidon with it's new breakfeast/lunch buffet . Good A/C, linen table cloths and napkins and outside dining for smokers. I was hungry and had a late breakfeast:

2 scrambled eggs (friend had an omlette)

4 pcs bacon and 2 sausage

salad w/1000 island dressing

potato salad

fews pcs of salmon and salami

fresh fruit

3 glasses of OJ and 2 pots (4 cups) of tea.

I passed on the toast, pastries and deserts.

Did not see baked beans or cereal.

I thought the food was very good and an excellent value. This place has really made a complete turn-around. Before it had a very bland, over-priced, order off the menu breakfeast and very, very few customers. They offer a dinner buffet on weekends only for 444 baht. I have not given that a try.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Ritz on Soi 13/1 ( Soi Yamoto ) gets my vote for the best breakfast,not the cheapest at 170 bt but in my opinion the best I've had here in Pattaya.Not had Tropical Bert's so I can't comment on it.

For budget breakfasts I rate the Billabong on LK Metro and 18 Coins on Soi Buakhow,both 100 bt and both good value for that money.

The Poseidon brunch buffet is dead. RIP.

Long live the same buffet which starts on March 15 at the Casa Pascal on 2nd Rd in Pattaya (near the Avenue).

The price is 165B (I bet it will be 195B before the end of 2011) and the high quality of the ingredients makes it much bettter value than the decidedly naff 110B buffets that can be found at the likes of Apex and Lex etc.. Also much better value than any set breakfast in that area that I know of, unless you are an unconditional fan of black pudding and baked beans which you wont find at the Casa Pascal.

This is the only breakfast buffet in Pattaya (outside of a 5* hotel) that I have found that serves proper croissants and proper fresh bread, and not the sweet doughy dry stuff that most places have.

The only thing that I would find fault with is the orange juice, which isnt real. Just cheap Tang. :angry:

The Poseidon brunch buffet is dead. RIP.

Long live the same buffet which starts on March 15 at the Casa Pascal on 2nd Rd in Pattaya (near the Avenue).

The price is 165B (I bet it will be 195B before the end of 2011) and the high quality of the ingredients makes it much bettter value than the decidedly naff 110B buffets that can be found at the likes of Apex and Lex etc.. Also much better value than any set breakfast in that area that I know of, unless you are an unconditional fan of black pudding and baked beans which you wont find at the Casa Pascal.

This is the only breakfast buffet in Pattaya (outside of a 5* hotel) that I have found that serves proper croissants and proper fresh bread, and not the sweet doughy dry stuff that most places have.

The only thing that I would find fault with is the orange juice, which isnt real. Just cheap Tang. :angry:

Thank you for the review 2 days before the start already PASCAL :D

Thank you for the review 2 days before the start already PASCAL :D

I can review (preview?) it because according to them it will be the same buffet as at the Poseidon. Same management, same price, same same. They gave me a printed colour brochure announcing the move a fortnight ago at the Poseidon. If it turns out to have changed for the worse after the move then I will be the first to moan about it here, when I have tried it.

I have no connection whatsoever with either establishment, apart from having eaten breakfast a couple of times at Poseidon.

Oh, and they are starting an afternoon cake, sandwich and coffee buffet at 135B, I think. I have no idea what that will be like but the breakfast croissants are great and so it bodes well for cakes, and the bread is also great which must be good news for sandwiches.

Edited by Darrel

Have an ask! I've had them at the Pig and Whistle, the Lobby, and countless other places.

They only cost 21B a can at most super markets! Take your own and make them cook them just in case!!

Never ever seen canned toms at 21 bhat, I use them in cooking a lot never found any under 50 bhat.

I'm still pushing the 110 bhat all you can eat breakfast buffets at the Apex, Lek and Diana hotels. I'm sure the "food police" will immediately condem these places but for the price they are still a good deal. Not hardly gormet but ok value. Their dinner buffets are also fair priced at B180.

I'm still pushing the 110 bhat all you can eat breakfast buffets at the Apex, Lek and Diana hotels. I'm sure the "food police" will immediately condem these places but for the price they are still a good deal. Not hardly gormet but ok value. Their dinner buffets are also fair priced at B180.

I eat the Diana breakfast when I stay there. I rather pay at little more at the Sportsman pub, but the Diana is OK for the money.

I would much rather pay the extra 55B to eat at the other place. The quality of the ingredients is far greater.

Lek and Apex dont even have proper bacon and their bread is that nasty sweet stuff. Diana Dragon (not Diana Inn) used to have the best 110B buffet breakfast in that area but they recently stopped having croissants, even though the croissants werent the best when they had them. It is still better than the others though, in the 110B group, as it does have proper bacon and it is 5B cheaper.