Breakfast In Pattaya

fourbaht

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ Syd,is your day filled with chasing around restaurants?why stop in Pattaya ,there must be 10,000,000 on the way to Bangkok,give them a try too

Syd's reviews are legendary - I would like him to come up to Buriram and check out my breakfasts.

post-62645-1261315535_thumb.jpg

post-62645-1261315460_thumb.jpg

Had the rosie's breakfast again today, great & 5 & 1/2 hours later still full. :)

I see there is a breakfast special on at the Butchers arms, has anybody tried it any veiws?

The Butchers Arms breakfast is available from 8.00 am until 4.00 pm and costs 110 Baht.

Recommended but you might need to order two.

Far better is the Boat Bakery on 2nd Road on the opposite side to the Royal Garden Mall about 250 yards towards Pattaya Tai.

Must be the lite version you had, if we are talking BA on soi Bukaow)! The heavy version costs 210 baht I seem to recall and you need two people to eat it. Very good quality and sunny waitresses.

If you get tired of the english version of breakfast, I can reccomend trying the german style breakfast at Zum Bazi in soi 33 Nakhlua Rd.

I discovered the place last month, and had the breakfast there four times in one week. 170 bath will get you 2 eggs any style, a plate with

cheese, salami and different kind of ham, marmelade, a basket with bagels and rye-bread, fresh orange juice and two cups of fresh coofee.

post-40245-1261486358_thumb.jpg

Must be the lite version you had, if we are talking BA on soi Bukaow)! The heavy version costs 210 baht I seem to recall and you need two people to eat it. Very good quality and sunny waitresses.

Sounds like you opted for the 'Jumbo' breakfast.

Ah yes - that's the one Syd. jumbo by name, Jumbo by nature. Did you photograph the entire menu?

I found 'caddy shack' on soi17....... good value and tasty

'wishing well' on Pratumnak hill cozy beach area,........ great apart from the sausages

World Of Sports Restaurant opposite Woodland resort........ enjoyable

Gregs kitchen...up & down depending on who's cooking

yorkies....poor & expensive

simple simons....poor

pig & whistle....good & bad

canterbury tales.... good but s*#@t service

my opinion nobody else's

• 4 months later...
I found 'caddy shack' on soi17....... good value and tasty

'wishing well' on Pratumnak hill cozy beach area,........ great apart from the sausages

World Of Sports Restaurant opposite Woodland resort........ enjoyable

Gregs kitchen...up & down depending on who's cooking

yorkies....poor & expensive

simple simons....poor

pig & whistle....good & bad

canterbury tales.... good but s*#@t service

my opinion nobody else's

KISS on Pattaya 2nd Road is cheap and acceptable. O.K. it is not the best in Pattaya but the turn around means it is always hot, freshly prepared and fills a gap after a night on the Chang.

The 'Little Wonder' just 50 yards away is good but they only open at 10.00 am.

• 3 weeks later...

the Sports Lounge, khao pratumnok 1, going up hill towards the big buddah, take the soi on the left before the police station,,,, try the mans breakfast 150baht,, big serving of breakfast, beans, 2 toast 2 bacon, 2 sausage, tomatoes etc.. and tea or coffee included , very tasty, opens at 9am although arrived at 0845 and doors open, speedy service, with the dailys for reading too.

My vote goes to The Golf Club in Soi LK Metro.

Def the best breakfast I have had in Pattaya and at only 140b and 160b.

2 bacon, good sausages, hash browns, 2 slices of doorstep toast with choice of quality jams, mushrooms, etc.

Can be a little hot in there sometimes (no a/c) but the view of the girls next door in the Devils Den more than makes up for it :)

i always like to give a shout out to the Continental (in fact, i probably already have on page 1 or 2) but they get my award for having the largest breakfast menu in town. and, they do pancakes and they'll put anything from fruit to bacon inside. best banana pancakes.

Yes but do any of these places do Frying Bread with the Full English.

If you went somewhere like Tropical Berts and asked for fried bread then I am sure it could be arranged.

Other wise you would have to go to Roy Cropper's place: 'Roys Rolls' (Paint fat on the bread with a paintbrush and then do it under the grill) .

Continental Bakery, and there's another branch on Thappraya Road in Jomtien

I have had breakfast there, not very impressed.

But i did like

Rosey o gradys soi 7 beach road fantastic

Crazy Daves off soi buckow fantastic.

What is it with the english and there breakfasts ?

Well, the yanks and antipods largely copied the English breakfast - and many Europeans love it too so it can't be bad - and recent research has shown it is healthy and good for weight control - I know it sound freeky but true - it reduces snacking throughout the day, although I don't eat it much these days.

Agreed somewhat about the Jomtien branch of Continental - breakfasts are good I guess and so is the bread but there are flies everywhere in the restaurant which puts me off. Also it took sometime for them to understand how to get me on to their 'free wifi' which was a draw for me - I eventually gave up after they kept saying 'no have'. The cakes in their glass stand also look very sad and the restaurant inside is poorly presented - I know that is nothing to do with the breakfast but just adds to the general atmosphere. Never went again.

I found Gregs overpriced, I used to use when staying down that way, Crazy Dave's not bad apart from the smell of cats piss and him when pissed, I use Canterbury Tales Cafe now, although the girls are a bit daft they mean well and I stay there as well, the best thing about the place is the regulars everyday who are very knowledgeable and good for most info, oh and the bookshop is superb.

If you went somewhere like Tropical Berts and asked for fried bread then I am sure it could be arranged.

Other wise you would have to go to Roy Cropper's place: 'Roys Rolls' (Paint fat on the bread with a paintbrush and then do it under the grill) .

You are correct Syd, we provide Fried Bread and Toast with the Full English.

Bert

Bert

what time you open for brekkie Bert????

Bert

what time you open for brekkie Bert????

7.30am Jonny, but dont expect to see me!! :) till a bit later

the Sports Lounge, khao pratumnok 1, going up hill towards the big buddah, take the soi on the left before the police station,,,, try the mans breakfast 150baht,, big serving of breakfast, beans, 2 toast 2 bacon, 2 sausage, tomatoes etc.. and tea or coffee included , very tasty, opens at 9am although arrived at 0845 and doors open, speedy service, with the dailys for reading too.

Visited Tropical Bert's this morning with wifie and son, son had omlette which tasted great ordered an orange juice for him too, wife had the american brekkie incl tea and orange juice and I had the English Brekkie including tea and orange juice, nice big Mugs of tea (or coffee if you prefer) and free refill too, all in all good priced at around 400 - 410 baht all in, (didn't check the exact price) excellent breakfast,,,,,, but my vote still has to go to the Sports Lounge,,, great tasting food at around 350 baht for similar although no free refills there

Visited Tropical Bert's this morning with wifie and son, son had omlette which tasted great ordered an orange juice for him too, wife had the american brekkie incl tea and orange juice and I had the English Brekkie including tea and orange juice, nice big Mugs of tea (or coffee if you prefer) and free refill too, all in all good priced at around 400 - 410 baht all in, (didn't check the exact price) excellent breakfast,,,,,, but my vote still has to go to the Sports Lounge,,, great tasting food at around 350 baht for similar although no free refills there

Thanks for the honest report Jonny,

Bert

Visited Tropical Bert's this morning with wifie and son, son had omlette which tasted great ordered an orange juice for him too, wife had the american brekkie incl tea and orange juice and I had the English Brekkie including tea and orange juice, nice big Mugs of tea (or coffee if you prefer) and free refill too, all in all good priced at around 400 - 410 baht all in, (eour an hdidn't check the exact price) excellent breakfast,,,,,, but my vote still has to go to the Sports Lounge,,, great tasting food at around 350 baht for similar although no free refills there

Thanks for the honest report Jonny,

Bert

No Probs bert, for sure we will be having a few more brekkies at yours ,,,, your earlier opening time is more convent for us as we drop off the daughter at school 0745 and head for breakfast (weekly ritual) before returning home,,, cheers

I have to agree with a number of the above posts, after a couple of months here and breakfast in a number of places, Trop. Berts Full English + the black pudding optional extra definitely gets my vote - including the fried bread.

Their kippers + bread is a lovely breakfast also, though maybe not to everyone's taste.

I would also recommend the continental breakfast at Brauhaus - the German style bread is very nice. I intend to try Otto Mei's in the next day or two.

Londo

Here's a picture of my breakfast at Berts last weekend :)

post-1539-1275628404_thumb.jpg

Full English Breakfast ex. the fried bread (don't understand how anyone can digest that)

Good photo.

The problem with fried bread is that it is difficult to cook perfectly.

The digestion problems can be eased with a Gavascon tablet.

• 2 weeks later...