Moving To Thailand + Income

Where I live 40sqm can cost you 400.000 eu

I'm still a liar ?

Please find out for yourself I have putted enough information about myself and now people call me liar.

I feel sad for those who call me a liar :o

Edited by Tommy89

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know I have been talking interesting discussions with a guy without talking about any prices,

you are pretty curious, I told you.

In the first case I wasn't because in real life I know how people react to his kind of discussion,

rich boy, rich family, many chances.

This is right, if I went to college and be doing a Bachelor or Master this wouldn't be the case,

but there are people who don't see any chances so they really can't believe it.

I know this situations, but never on a forum!

Tommy, mate...just remember when you are importing your Ferrari into Thailand, you are going to get hit with import tax, but as a young upwardly mobile indivual as yourself this shouldnt worry you... :o:D

Abvouisly people who don't know anything about doing business in europe..don't know anything.

If you had ANY knowledge of doing real estate business you should know that 5% commission of 2.5M is 125K

- 50% is 62.5K

- commission for agency = again a bit lower.

I didn't start talking about my money? They asked me so I started.

Abviously the dutch guy is right, you people are low life.

that might be correct. but we have money. you are just a poor boy having wet dreams :o

Methinks there's a whole shitload of farang and thai licking their lips and waiting for your arrival. Business is bad, they can do with some new blood.

I could give some genuine advice, but it'd be a waste of time. You are at the stage where you'll only hear what you want to hear. Which makes you a prime target, unfortunately.

Not so long ago I was talking on a forum about CARS/AUTOMOBILES

I was telling them I was 19 years old and wanted to buy a mercedes CLK,

abviously these people didn't believe me too.

and started to talk like this : "yes and I'm going to buy this, and this, and that..."

This made me laugh. It still does.

Edited by Tommy89

Abvouisly people who don't know anything about doing business in europe..don't know anything.

If you had ANY knowledge of doing real estate business you should know that 5% commission of 2.5M is 125K

- 50% is 62.5K

- commission for agency = again a bit lower.

I didn't start talking about my money? They asked me so I started.

Abviously the dutch guy is right, you people are low life.

that might be correct. but we have money. you are just a poor boy having wet dreams :o

you better have money... How old are you ?

Not my age, It wouldn't surprise if I have more money than you.

But hey, you guys made me go back to little school now!

Edited by Tommy89

Why the hel_l are you pricking on me?

Is this jalousy?

Oh no, i'm a liar.

Tommy, if anyone's jealous, it's not because of your money. It's because you're 19, without a care in the world and have a 19 year old girlfriend. Sure, we could all be having sex with 19 year olds within 19 minutes time, but for some of us at our advanced ages and familial attachments, it's just not appropriate. I assure you, NO ONE is jealous of your money. My cash burn would see that gone inside 6 months.

Try to find your manners again, and if you have a specific question, someone here I'm sure, can provide you with an answer,

If I want to go to thailand, is because I don't give a about my money and the surrealistic world I live in.

That's why I didn't started talking about it in the first case.

Mr disguised pitbull asked me to be more specific about my income and available money.

This is what I did.

Edited by Tommy89

Not so long ago I was talking on a forum about CARS/AUTOMOBILES

I was telling them I was 19 years old and wanted to buy a mercedes CLK,

abviously these people didn't believe me too.

Really...how terrible, a fine upstanding, the hard working lad you obviously are.....seeing as you are only 19, you may not have realised this yet....people who have money generally dont talk about it, and certainly dont get on forums bragging to strangers how much they have or earned.

So based on the above you surely must understand that the esteemed members of TV are some what skeptical in relating to the contents of your posts....other esteemed members just think you are talking through your posterior... :o:D

Soutpeel I can only say that you are jealouse with whay I said.

You maybe work like a piece of shit and earn shit also, that's your goddamn problem!!

I have worked 7 to 5 from when I was 15 untill I was 18,

Now I am independant (oh, some people don't believe this too!)

and I work with my parents, who help me alot.

Well, you just are a piece of shit, sorry to say that because you can't believe someone who really doesn't have any reason to lie

If I want to go to thailand, is because I don't give a about my money and the surrealistic world I live in.

That's why I didn't started talking about it in the first case.

Money talks money talks...

In Thailand, as in most places, it's easy to not care about money if you a lot of it. On the other hand, you'll find that even in Thailand most who do not have money do care about it.

You maybe work like a piece of shit and earn shit also, that's your goddamn problem!!

Well, you just are a piece of shit, sorry to say that because you can't believe someone who really doesn't have any reason to lie

A word of advice. Take time to learn. If you think you learn too quick, you end up falling on your face, hard. This is not an insult, jealousy or anything but a word of caution from someone who takes no pleasure in seeing young people crash and burn.

The handbags out, or is this a case of spitting the dummy ??, but to answer your statements as made:

Not Jealous by a long shot..my friend

My job in Thailand is great, earn very good money, higher than I would be for the same job in Europe, and very comfortably well off by even European standards.

I started work at 15 as well...and never stopped at 18, but even managed to get in studies as well while working.

My sincerly apologies if you feel I have insulted you, hurt your feelings etc....but think you have played with the adults enough today, time to go home and cry on mommys shoulder because the big bad men on TV have been picking on you... :o:D

Just to mention that your comment really made me really happy for you!

I was afraid you was this poor guy who was pricking on me because of jalousy.

hehe but theres a world of difference between a prick like you and me.

not just to mention that you talk like a child.

Edited by Tommy89

A guy I know is selling an italian restaurant in SuraThani for about 500.000 baht. I know the place and i guess it works fairly and with good chance of improving. Good location (in front of night ferry pier). If you are interested I can ask his telephone and you can contact yourself.

Bonne chance

but think you have played with the adults enough today, time to go home and cry on mommys shoulder because the big bad men on TV have been picking on you...

I'm sure you can't even afford a vacation in my town, in fact you didn't read or did any research of where I come from and what I said.

And yes, my parents would help me if I feel bad.

Not to mention that people like you, who only are interested in pricking on people are very low life.

This just because of your time you put on this topic to ... just prick on me?

Edited by Tommy89

but think you have played with the adults enough today, time to go home and cry on mommys shoulder because the big bad men on TV have been picking on you...

I'm sure you can't even afford a vacation in my town, in fact you didn't read or did any research of where I come from and what I said.

Not to mention that people like you, who only are interested in pricking on people are very low life.

Tommy, in your original post you said that once in Thailand you'd "maybe find work, but this is kind of scarry for me, and maybe not payed enough". Later you said that you have 1.000.000 Euro. With 1.000.000 Euro in your pocket, what would be scary about moving to Surat Thani and poteintially discovering that there was not much money to be made there? Surely your aware that your could live quite well for pretty many years on 1.000.000 Euro in Surat Thani, and if it doesn't pan out, well, you have enough money to move soemwhere else. I can see where it would be scary it you might not have enough money to make ends meet (being broke in a 3rd World country isn't as romantic as it sounds), but with your bank account your at much greater risk of getting bored in Surat than of starving.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Tommy, in your original post you said that once in Thailand you'd "maybe find work, but this is kind of scarry for me, and maybe not payed enough". Later you said that you hav 1.000.000 Euro. With 1.000.000 Euro in your pocket, what would be scary about moving to Surat Thani and poteintially discovering that there was not much money to be made there? Surely your aware that your could live quite well for pretty many years on 1.000.000 Euro in Surat Thani. I can see where it would be scary it you might not have enough money to make ends meet (being broke in a 3rd World country isn't as romantic as it sounds), but with your bank account your at much greater risk of getting bored in Surat than of starving.

No, you are wrong, that's my fault.

They asked me my income/investment money,

I told them of my money and they didn't believe, so I told them a Real Lie.

Thanks for your honest reply.

Edited by Tommy89

Tommy, in your original post you said that once in Thailand you'd "maybe find work, but this is kind of scarry for me, and maybe not payed enough". Later you said that you have 1.000.000 Euro. With 1.000.000 Euro in your pocket, what would be scary about moving to Surat Thani and poteintially discovering that there was not much money to be made there? Surely your aware that your could live quite well for pretty many years on 1.000.000 Euro in Surat Thani, and if it doesn't pan out, well, you have enough money to move soemwhere else. I can see where it would be scary it you might not have enough money to make ends meet (being broke in a 3rd World country isn't as romantic as it sounds), but with your bank account your at much greater risk of getting bored in Surat than of starving.

Even at the piddly interest rate of 3.75% a million euro would bring in over 1.5 million baht a year. Plenty to relax on in suratani.

OK Tommy89, interesting thread and reading, so let me bite here a little.

Not so many members here had the opportunity (including myself) to travel the world like you already did, with money in your pocket; that explains some of the comments.

But, you're 19 and still learning and one of the things is that a lot of forum members all over the world have sharp fingers (not tongues, since they're not able to speak to you.. :D ) but they're harmless.

The trick is to filter the -bad- comments from the well meant.

If you're living in the South of France on the Cote d'Azur and dealing with real estate I can believe the amounts you're talking about since the prices in the Saint Tropez area(s) are indeed that expensive and one could make a very nice living, acting as an agent, especially if you have/had help from your parents. A friend of mine sold his villa last year in St. Tropez for € 7 million (bought another one much cheaper and refurbishing that one into another palace)...go figure.

BUT...don't run too fast with your Thai girlfriend'; you wrote you wanted to move to Thailand and settle in Surat Thani but I predict here and now that you will be bored to death within 1 or 2 months, missing the lifestyle of the Cote d'Azur....

You wrote that your girlfriend already visited you in France...and must have noticed the lush lifestyle of you and your family...BEWARE !

The ongoing world wide crisis will make things not easier, not in France but even more (for you) in Thailand.

Advise: do NOT invest ANY money for the time being...no matter what your girlfriend or her family advises to do....

DO NOT open a bank account for the time being in Thailand but survive from cash, drawn from ATM's.

Visit her/Thailand for a period of 3 months and decide important things which matters in life...later.

Take care and watch your back and ESPECIALLY...DO NOT SHOW OFF....! There are some pretty nasty characters in the streets of Thailand looking for spoiled young men like you... :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

(edit)

I do not live with my parents in fact she didn't even see my parents,

she has payed her airplane ticket herself (parents) wich made me very confident about her.

But when I talk about moving to thailand, it's in an very independant way, not counting on any lady.

Edited by Tommy89

OK Tommy89, interesting thread and reading, so let me bite here a little.

Not so many members here had the opportunity (including myself) to travel the world like you already did, with money in your pocket; that explains some of the comments.

But, you're 19 and still learning and one of the things is that a lot of forum members all over the world have sharp fingers (not tongues, since they're not able to speak to you.. :D ) but they're harmless.

The trick is to filter the -bad- comments from the well meant.

If you're living in the South of France on the Cote d'Azur and dealing with real estate I can believe the amounts you're talking about since the prices in the Saint Tropez area(s) are indeed that expensive and one could make a very nice living, acting as an agent, especially if you have/had help from your parents. A friend of mine sold his villa last year in St. Tropez for € 7 million (bought another one much cheaper and refurbishing that one into another palace)...go figure.

BUT...don't run too fast with your Thai girlfriend'; you wrote you wanted to move to Thailand and settle in Surat Thani but I predict here and now that you will be bored to death within 1 or 2 months, missing the lifestyle of the Cote d'Azur....

You wrote that your girlfriend already visited you in France...and must have noticed the lush lifestyle of you and your family...BEWARE !

The ongoing world wide crisis will make things not easier, not in France but even more (for you) in Thailand.

Advise: do NOT invest ANY money for the time being...no matter what your girlfriend or her family advises to do....

DO NOT open a bank account for the time being in Thailand but survive from cash, drawn from ATM's.

Visit her/Thailand for a period of 3 months and decide important things which matters in life...later.

Take care and watch your back and ESPECIALLY...DO NOT SHOW OFF....! There are some pretty nasty characters in the streets of Thailand looking for spoiled young men like you... :o

LaoPo

Thanks for your comment.

Just to mention that my parents have an annual income of over 250.000 euros

So..whats your point...I know plenty of people who earn that and more in Thailand...

£200k in Thailand? Pray tell what these "plenty" of people do? :o

RAZZ