Holiday Time!

Hey everyone! -Awesome forum by the way :o

First of all, I'm an Australian citizen. Don't have a current passport though.

I just have a few questions..OK so I'm 3 weeks away from finishing school forever! So excited. I want to go to Thailand when I finish..I was reading about the visa laws and yeah I just have a few questions now

1. This statement "- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months"..Does that mean, if I don't have a passport that is at least 6 months old..I can't get in? (I'm gonna be so bummed!)..Or does it mean the passport has to have at least 6 months 'till the expiry date...oh god..lets hope it's the good one.

2. I want to stay more than 30 days..how do I apply for the 60 day visa? Can I go straight to the 60 days or will I need to get the 30 day tourist visa then extend it?

3. Oh yeah, what are the laws on alcohol there :D

Thanks guys...god I hope I can get in...

Edited by Musti

1. 6 months remaining on it's validity.

2. Get a 60 day tourist visa at a Thai embassy/consulate which can be extended for an additional 30 days.

3. 20 years old But it is not heavely enforced.

Edited by ubonjoe

First question:Your passport has to have at least 6 months' till the expiry date, so if you are getting a new passport then you have no problem.

Second question: You can enter Thailand for 30 days without any visa, and just jump to the nearest border and get another 3o days. You can do that 3 times during a six month period, then after that you will need a visa.

But to save you the hassle of the border run and the headache with the immigration officers; Just apply for a single entry or (double if they would give you) tourist visa and you will be granted a 60 days to stay for each upon arrival to Thailand, which can be extended for another 30 days at any immigration office in Thailand.

Third question: Well, is this a question to ask. In Thailand no body drink water, otherwise they die.

Good luck :o

With a double entry you can leave and come back getting another 60 days with a single entry you can enter only once.

You can get a single entry at the consulate.

You get the visa before entering and when you enter you get 60 days.

Edited by ubonjoe

With a double entry you can leave and come back getting another 60 days with a single entry you can enter only once.

You can get a single entry at the consulate.

You get the visa before entering and when you enter you get 60 days.

The 60 days can also be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days 1,900 Baht fee.