Suzuki Dl 650 V Strom

gobs

Hi friends,

As I know where we can purchase big bikes such as Ducati, BMW, Yamaha or Triumph, I have no idea where to purchase a Suzuki V Strom 650...

In Thailand Suzuki makes the step-throughs, but what about big bikes? Maybe Red Baron or something like that?..

And the price of a V strom brand new in LOS? Some idea?..

If someone knows, thanks in advance,

Gobs

Unfortunately Suzuki has chosen to not sell big bikes in Thailand. So, the only way to get a Suzuki is to import one or have one imported for you.

In Bangkok Red Baron is by far the most reliable importer, but be prepared to pay a big premium for their service. RED BARON

No V stroms right now but I think they had one a while back...

How about the B King? What a beast!

080717-0000300.jpg

658,000฿

And i've seen 3 of them so far.... 658thou bloody hel_l dats expensive.. but lovely bike..

1st one i saw i was sat at a traffic light on my CBR150 and when i looked the rider up and down noticed all the kit he was wearing so started roughing out the prices eg helmet 18,000(arai), jacket 12,000, trousers 10,000 gloves 3,000 and boots 8,000 added it together an thought sh#t just what he's wearing is worth more than my bike and kit :o

Allan

LOL BSJ,

Agree- Black is the way to go.

But not sure why you quoted the AU$ price for a Hayabusa since that has no correlation to big bike prices here in the LOS... (What's ORC, by the way?)

18,990.00 AUD = 458,036.44 THB

But if you want to buy a new Hayabusa here in the LOS you'll be looking at spending around ~640,000฿

640,000.00 THB = 26,488.04 AUD

Anyway, personally I find the Hayabusa to be quite ugly, but that's just me. If I was going to spend that much money on a bike I'd be looking at Triumph, Ducati and BMW.

Happy Trails!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

BIGBIKEBKK also alot of Thais seem to get the most expensive thing in the shop, were as i tend to get the cheapest (scottish mum) so a proper cheap charley.

:(:D:P:burp::P

and happy with my 19,000rpm red line and 170-180 top end.

:o:D :D :D :D

Edited by thaicbr

Suzuki has its own plans for the introduction of bigger bikes, they remarkable similar to Honda's ideas only in less number of models.

I'm very sure that we will see a official GX-R, still they figuring out 600cc or 1000cc, on the road soon. With soon is same as Honda.... likely early 2009. I have 2 friends who have a DL1000 (both Japanese) and we all work in the automotive sector.

I sometimes wonder, why some people reply, the so much love V-strom in 600cc or 1000cc has it own target group, which maybe competes with the likes of the Kawasaki Versys or a Triumph Tiger... But I can bet that a person who looks for a Suzuki V-strom feels more at home on a somewhat bigger motard style bike then a deathly road monster.

If I need to comment on the V-strom, and I'm no stranger riding one, I would say, look at Triumph... They have good bikes legal and today available...

Edited by Richard-BKK

:o:D :D

What a laugh I got, Allan! I do adore your post! It's like a cartoon...

Sure, big bikes are very expensive here. I checked (and dreamed!) for a BMW F650GS (800 cm3, twin engine) brand new, so in France you get it at about 8200 Euros, that is (today) 370000 Bahts, here in Los the retail price is 570000 Bahts! That's to say 50% up...

Again, in France, a Yam FZ6F: 370000 Bahts; in Los: 447000 Bahts. + 20% up...

And the difference is much more important for our US friends!

Thanks bigbikeBKK for the reply... I think now near every body knows "Red Baron". THE big bike shop in BKK! But I had not yet the web adress, good.

According to the price of the FZ6F, I guess the DL650 V-Strom is in the same range...

Cheers,

Gobs

BigBikeBKK: But not sure why you quoted the AU$ price for a Hayabusa since that has no correlation to big bike prices here in the LOS...

I couldn't find a Suzi dealer price, so the 640k baht price would be a 3rd party importer, plus green book? Initially, going back 10 or 11 months, a light globe went on in my head, why not buy one here and ship it up! Seemed like a good idea until I did some research on doing it! Even though it's only 458,036.44 THB + ORC and the freight isn't to bad it's the duty and tax at the other end that's the killer. I may get my 10% GST back from the Oz tax office once the bike is exported but that doesn't cover it. So the message is buy in LOS, do it legal and grin and bear it!

ORC is 'on road costs'. The state government extract a registration fee, a compulsary 3rd party insurance fee, stamp duty. And the dealers charge what they call a delivery fee, which can run from 8.400 baht to 24.500 baht. And the federal government have added import duty and then 10% GST. All up to get a Busa on the road add 100.000 baht.

What I don't get is why people readily pay this delivery fee. It's like, extorsion! There must be a lot of buyers making easy money if they are don't negotiate it down or out of the deal! hel_l, I buy a big screen TV or a new fridge or a lounge suite and I complain about being charged 1.200 baht for their truck to make delivery to my house! Yer, I count my small change too!

The Suzuki Dl1000 is build in Japan, in two months the import duty on a brand new Suzuki DL1000 would be 6%....plus local sales tax. And trust me, not one Thai custom official would try to comment or try to get a few Bath on the side... I never had any problems, as we paid this year (2008) 12% import duty.

Again, I wished you where talking about another motorcycle brand, other wish it would be no problem for me to assist you with the import. For cheap think Australia or Japan build motorcycles, for Australia look for Thai build motorcycles. For this products the free-trade-agreement is effective, still not get crazy and buy the latest model which never before was imported in Thailand, this will hit you with the emission and road worthy test, depending on the level of testing you pay a lot, and guess you have no influence on it... Last time my wife try to influence a person she got arrested, and we had a hard time to convince that it was all a misunderstanding....

What is the problem in this construction, well, you need to be the buyer at the Japanese side, which means you need to have a export license to export a bike, no license no export complete bike...simple. I personally have a export license to export motorcycles (automotive full if translated ) out of Japan, down-site is that I'm currently restricted to work for any other motorcycle manufacturer then the one who hired me. A few months ago I was hoping they would not extent my contract, but they did....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Hi Richard,

Your post is interesting to me, and makes me curious. And it seems you are "in"...

First, I want to say I know nothing about what you are speaking of, and, by the way, I don't realy understand what you are meaning... But I don't want to die as a stupid boy!..

1) Richard-BKK said: "The Suzuki Dl1000 is build in Japan, in two months the import duty on a brand new Suzuki DL1000 would be 6%....plus local sales tax"

Is it to say that in 2 months the bikes, in our case of interest, will be cheaper here in LOS?

2) Generally, is it better for the money to buy "in shop" here or to order and buy to an importer, please...

If we take an example: the Yamaha FZ6F.

Retail price in Yam shops in Thailand: 447 KB, all inclusive: bike in hands and true green book under the seat.

So, suppose I ask to a bike importer to get a Yam FZ6F brand new...

Is it possible? And at what price, all inclusive: bike in hands and green book under the seat?

If new not possible, take the case, say, one 6 months old FZ6F?

3) The Suzuki bikes can't be imported or what?

I read somewhere that these bikes don't success the fumes tests in Thailand. Is it true?

Thanks a lot,

Gobs

The problem with Yamaha FZ6F is that they not build in Japan, the once you see in Thailand on the road are Indian build. The 6% import duty is due to a Free-Trade-Agreement between Thailand and Japan, and if you not fancy importing a bike yourself, I can ensure you that Suzuki has plans to import a few bikes themselves being the GSX-R600 and GSX-R1000....

Suzuki bikes imported from Japan will easily pass the Thai emission test....

Thanks Richard,

I choosed a bad example, but good to know about the Yam FZ6...

And OK, now I understand free trade agreement BETWEEN Tailand AND Japan...

Just a question more, please: where are built the BMWs, Ducatis, Triumphs... Are they coming from Europe? I can't explain myself this: according to prices in France, for example, one Yam FZ6F in LOS is 20% up-priced. But one BMW (new model twin 800cc) F650 GS is 54% up-priced, here!

Why such a spread between a Japanese brand and a European one?

Cheers,

Gobs

We have a BMW G 650 Xmoto and I belief it is Chinese build, Ducati's are all Italian build, and Triumph build a good deal of its motorcycles here in Thailand.

The "Why are motorcycle so much more expensive here" is probably a whole discussion on its own. But mostly you can bring it back to TAX, import duty and regulations. It is likely that motorcycles from China will become less expensive as also the import duty on automotive products from China will go down next year. This worries a lot of motorcycle manufacturers, if you look at Thailands neighbors in the North, in Laos you can buy a (real) Honda 100cc Wiz for less then 29,000Baht, this is for the delux version with allow wheels and a bit more sporty look. The Honda Wiz, is very similar to the Honda Wave. The Honda Wiz is buidl by Honda-Sundiro what you can compare to the Thai AP-Honda....