Uk Cancel Thaksin's Visa And Wife's

Jingthing

Well said Jitagon. Jonathan Head is beginning to lose all credibility as a reporter of substance, as he sticks with his archaic view of an evil despot. I've noticed TV's own YH is a big fan of Head, often singing his praises, but always getting it wrong over judgment calls about "what happens next". The latest call over Toxin's visa revocation is the last in a long line of classics........seems like some people just refuse to learn that the tide is turning in Thailand, inch by inch, when an elected past-PM can be found guilty in a Thai court of corruption charges. At one time, never thought I'd live to see the day. :D

At least somebody's not trying to claim it was a "procedural error" on behalf of the British immigration authorities. Good on ya Millipede! :D

It is true I am an admirer of Jonathan Head who it seems to me steers a careful and judicious course in his commentaries on Thai politics.I am not sure why you appear to believe Head is an uncritical admirer of Thaksin.Far from it.What he has said, among many other things, is that Thaksin remains highly popular and that he is feared by the elite that supports the PAD movement.As it happens, I know from the horse's mouth as it were that Anand Panyarachun (Dulwich College and Trinity College,Cambridge) had a very high regard for Jonathan Head's (Dulwich College and Pembroke College Cambridge) integrity, intellectual honesty and good judgement.

Most of your post however is directed at my wrong calls, presumably most recently on Thaksin's visa problems and perhaps a little while ago on the court's banning of TRT.It's no crime to make errors if freely admitted and half the time on a forum like this it's quite fun to make predictions.I haven't commented on other posts of yours on this subject because quite frankly they seemed over personal and driven by class envy, a rather unattractive element among some quarters of the English lower class.Will I see you at the OXford and Cambridge dinner at the Sukhothai later this month?Somehow I doubt it.

Oh, you are such a card old fellow.

Yes, you're right - it's all class envy that drives me to point out what an upper class, arrogant prat you appear, always dropping names, old school ties and smoked salmon canapes on the board. I do so wish I could be as clever, witty and gay as you m'lord. But, as a fully signed up member of the chattering classes, my downbreeding doesn't allow me to have the superior knowledge, stiff upper lip, foresight and eloquence that you so clearly possess. So it is my sad lot in life to attend the Scumbag College annual riotous orgy, coincidentally taking place on the same night as your dinner at the Sukothai. If we do run into each other, I'll be sure to tug my forelock and grovel appropriately, as is expected of the lower classes in front of the gentry. Innit? :o

Will Head and Anand be there too? :D

Absolutely not necessary to tug the forelock, my good man.After all we're all equal now (unless one happens to be a member of Thailand's rural majority).

P

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And if Somchai is sincere in trying to shake off such image, the first thing he can do today is to revoke Thaksin and his wife's diplomatic passport.

- The Nation / 2008-11-13

The second thing PM Somchai could do is disallow Thaksin's incendiary phone calls from going through to the masses. The latest was a thinly disguised call to threaten unrest from mobs he controls. It was also a plea for a Royal pardon - which puts the HRM on the spot.

Thai gov't will censor a female nipple shown on TV, but it won't censor potentially incendiary messages sent out by a convicted felon - broadcast to the masses. Such messages, by the way, coming from a man who has repeatedly stated he was done with politics.

1. There is a right to gather and protest that was enshrined during the coup. It was seen as only being used against Thaksin et al if they were re-elected (which they were) so wasn't detailed enought to prevent him addressing the largest rally of supporters yet seen. It was basically meant to allow the PAD a free run of the capital to protest against him, which they have been allowed to do.

2. Are you seriously saying that this right should be removed from one side and not the other? Saying that to ban Thaksins followers from assembling is ok but leave the PAD and Sonthi in place? NO, its sauce for the goose and you don't like it.

3. All politicians at some stage feign disinterest in power. Look at the party leader contests in the UK. Most candidates appear saying "I have no plans to be PM.."

I think you and the PAD are left clutching at straws these days here if you seriously believe he is likely to pull out because of that statement.

After all we're all equal now (unless one happens to be a member of Thailand's rural majority).

In which case he should be treated with deepest respect as an incorruptible beacon of democracy.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here.If you have a moment perhaps you would explain.

But it does raise one interesting point, the relative lack in Thailand of "noblesse oblige", ie at the private level the duty of the well off and privileged to look after the poor and disadvantaged (without self serving publicity), and at the political level the aspiration to raise the educational and living standards of ordinary Thais.The great exception is of course the national Buddhist establishment which though often criticised does in my opinion some wonderful work.On the non-pork barrelling political level there's a puzzling gap which I've always hoped the Dems would fill (ie build on TRT's early work before Thaksin got carried away with meglomania etc).

"And if Somchai is sincere in trying to shake off such image, the first thing he can do today is to revoke Thaksin and his wife's diplomatic passport.

- The Nation / 2008-11-13

The second thing PM Somchai could do is disallow Thaksin's incendiary phone calls from going through to the masses. The latest was a thinly disguised call to threaten unrest from mobs he controls. It was also a plea for a Royal pardon - which puts the HRM on the spot.

Thai gov't will censor a female nipple shown on TV, but it won't censor potentially incendiary messages sent out by a convicted felon - broadcast to the masses. Such messages, by the way, coming from a man who has repeatedly stated he was done with politics.

1. There is a right to gather and protest that was enshrined during the coup. It was seen as only being used against Thaksin et al if they were re-elected (which they were) so wasn't detailed enought to prevent him addressing the largest rally of supporters yet seen. It was basically meant to allow the PAD a free run of the capital to protest against him, which they have been allowed to do.

2. Are you seriously saying that this right should be removed from one side and not the other? Saying that to ban Thaksins followers from assembling is ok but leave the PAD and Sonthi in place? NO, its sauce for the goose and you don't like it.

3. All politicians at some stage feign disinterest in power. Look at the party leader contests in the UK. Most candidates appear saying "I have no plans to be PM.."

I think you and the PAD are left clutching at straws these days here if you seriously believe he is likely to pull out because of that statement.

He didn't say they can not rally.

He just said a convicted criminal on the run should NOT be allowed to call in

and incite them to acts of violence and insurrection.

Quite a different thing than what you attempt to imply.

Edited by animatic

Why don't they set up state run TV mobile studio in Bang Kwan prison, let every inmate there vent their frustration at the justice system, call for Royal pardons or for "people power" to break them out.

Some people here seem to think it's called "rights and freedoms", instead of lunacy or insurrection.

PB092773.jpg

- 2Bangkok.com / 2008-11-13 translation

Obama vs Thaksin - Matichon newspaper

Top: This is the guy who the world wants to bring world harmony.

Bottom: This is guy who all Thai people pray will not destroy Thai harmony.

I think they got the PAD mixed up with Thaksin .

its the PAD causing the disharmony.

30088309-01.jpg

First Lady Yaowapa Wongsawat nee Shinawatra

>>>>> great pic! <<<<<<

The abbot, well known for his blunt preaching style, said he would not allow any of the Kwam Jing Wan Nee hosts or UDD leaders to say anything that could cause damage to his temple or cause damage to anybody's reputation.

Dear politically active Abbot; Isn't it nice to know that you can set the parameters for what is aired in a vitriolic call-in from afar. Oh, by the way, the call is in 'real-time' and there's no delay that allows you to censor out parts that might not fit your naive preconditions. Are the commentators also going to be on their usual best behavior, because they're on the premises of a Wat?

Earlier reports suggested that Thaksin had purchased land on Bahamas' New Providence Island and that he was looking for more investment opportunities in the country. Delighted by the huge injection of money, the government reportedly considered issuing Thaksin and family Bahamas passports.

I thought all his money had been frozen? He managed to buy manchester city, now reports abound of him buying houses in China for gazillions of baht, and now the bahamas. Aren't all politicians supposed to declare their assets?

It leads me to wonder if he didnt quite declare everything he should have declared.

I wonder if anyone has looked into this.

PB092773.jpg

Sorry dude, without Thaksin's malfeasance PAD would never have been necessary.

Dr. T. laid the eggs and this is what he raised; a prodigal son out to kick his butt.

No Thaksin = no PAD ; all too simple.

Always one to hype his own drama, the ubiquitous "initial-naming" game...

Thaksin is preparing to name 'foes'

Convicted former PM Thaksin Shinawatra has accused four "high social ranking people" of masterminding plots against him, according to a source. The source claimed Thaksin recently mentioned the initials of his political enemies to a group of supporters at the luxury Marco Polo Hong Kong hotel. Thaksin mentioned their initials - P, S, T and Ch - and promised to reveal their full names in a phone-in to a future rally, said the source, who requested anonymity. The "P" and "S" were former military brass while "T" and "Ch" are civilians with high social status, the source quoted Thaksin as saying. Thaksin believes they are behind what he calls "injustice" after he was sentenced to two years in jail by the Supreme Court. According to the source, Thaksin wanted PM Somchai, who is his sister's husband, to appoint retired General Panlop Pinmanee, former Deputy Director of the ISOC to his old post, but Army Chief Gen Anupong Paojinda will take up the position after a restructuring of ISOC. As a result, Panlop may be appointed as an ISOC adviser instead. Thaksin's plan was to have Panlop oversee security issues and deal with the PAD rally. Panlop met Thaksin on Nov 7 in China.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/131108_News/13Nov2008_news12.php

'Scuse me everyone. I've only been living here in Thailand and trying to monitor the national media for 15 years, but here's one aspect I've never mastered.

What IS this thing about issuing the initials of people you say you are soon going to NAME and EXPOSE?

To me it's about as mature and sophisticated as scribbling jibes on a toilet wall! I did enjoy that, I have to admit, but gave it up when I was 12. Are these allegedly important people really only 12? Or maybe late developers aged 13?

They should either name their foes or NOT. What purpose do these juvenile yet public-tantalising games have?

Oh no! Could it just be to give the miscreants time to come up with the right sacks of lolly to avoid their precious names being fully spelled out.......? Oh, heaven forfend!

Convicted former PM Thaksin Shinawatra has accused four "high social ranking people" of masterminding plots against him, according to a source. The source claimed Thaksin recently mentioned the initials of his political enemies to a group of supporters at the luxury Marco Polo Hong Kong hotel. Thaksin mentioned their initials - P, S, T and Ch - and promised to reveal their full names in a phone-in to a future rally, said the source, who requested anonymity. The "P" and "S" were former military brass while "T" and "Ch" are civilians with high social status, the source quoted Thaksin as saying. Thaksin believes they are behind what he calls "injustice" after he was sentenced to two years in jail by the Supreme Court. According to the source, Thaksin wanted PM Somchai, who is his sister's husband, to appoint retired General Panlop Pinmanee, former Deputy Director of the ISOC to his old post, but Army Chief Gen Anupong Paojinda will take up the position after a restructuring of ISOC. As a result, Panlop may be appointed as an ISOC adviser instead. Thaksin's plan was to have Panlop oversee security issues and deal with the PAD rally. Panlop met Thaksin on Nov 7 in China.

Continued here:

'Scuse me everyone. I've only been living here in Thailand and trying to monitor the national media for 15 years, but here's one aspect I've never mastered.

What IS this thing about issuing the initials of people you say you are soon going to NAME and EXPOSE?

To me it's about as mature and sophisticated as scribbling jibes on a toilet wall! I did enjoy that, I have to admit, but gave it up when I was 12. Are these allegedly important people really only 12? Or maybe late developers aged 13?

They should either name their foes or NOT. What purpose do these juvenile yet public-tantalising games have?

Oh no! Could it just be to give the miscreants time to come up with the right sacks of lolly to avoid their precious names being fully spelled out.......? Oh, heaven forfend!

This last could be part of the Face Saving game in these parts.

It also can get people looking and speculating,

so more interest to see if their guesses are good or not.

Continued here:

Think it just highlights the maturity of thosesupposedly "naming names"

PB092773.jpg

Sorry dude, without Thaksin's malfeasance PAD would never have been necessary ,

Dr. T. laid the eggs and this is what he raised; a prodigal son out to kick his butt.

But the PAD have gone completely overboard. And are happy to drag the country down with them. Crazy fanatic cult with no specific goal or if they do they change it a few days later . Its the PAD cult that is destroying Thai harmony.

Fact is, at the next elections , the new government will be one that has got the blessing from Thaksin. Millions of voters love and respect Thaksin and are waiting for his guidance in the next election. So all this nonsese, the PAD is doing has no real effect but to split the country. A pro Thaksin goverment will win at the next elections.

I forsee the violent elements within the PAD will cause it to self destruct due to their frustrated impotence , at the countries expense.

Edited by mc2

Scratch another potential landing spot off the ever-dwindling list for Thakky....

No offer of sanctuary to Thailand's Thaksin – Dr. Brown [he's Prime Minister of Bermuda]

Premier Ewart Brown has stamped on bizarre, untrue claims in Asian media that he has offered refuge to Thaksin Shinawatra, the exiled former prime minister of Thailand.

Newspapers in Thaksin's home country have been speculating where the billionaire, who was ousted from power in a 2006 coup, may head after his British visa was revoked.

Some Thai press reports claim Bermuda is one of the countries to have offered sanctuary to the 59-year-old former owner of Manchester City football club. AsiaOne News stated last week: "The Bermuda Islands, a 53.3 square-kilometre British Overseas Territory in the Atlantic, was the first to offer Thaksin refuge after he fled Thailand in August.

"Its prime minister said he was content to help Thaksin because his family used to face injustice of the legal system before (sic)."

The Associated Press reported yesterday: "There has been speculation in the Thai press that Thaksin might seek to settle in the Bahamas or Bermuda."

Dr. Brown told The Royal Gazette yesterday that the reports were totally fabricated.

"I know nothing about it," he said. "It's absolutely not true."

The Times newspaper in the UK said unconfirmed reports suggested Thaksin and his wife had been granted honorary citizenship by the Bahamas.

- The Royal Gazette (Hamilton, Bermuda) / 2008-11-13

Edited by sriracha john

But the PAD have gone completely overboard.

How can you say that when Thaskin is still the biggest threat to this country's integrity?

How can you say that when the govt sets up huge rallies with Thaksin taking center stage and openly calling for either Royal pardons or people revolution?

How can you say that when Thaskin is still the biggest threat to this country's integrity?

How can you say that when the govt sets up huge rallies with Thaksin taking center stage and openly calling for either Royal pardons or people revolution?

Well, thats your opinion and you are entitled to that. But i dont agree with you.

The PAD started off as a peaceful protest, and that is fine.

But later they got frustrated when they knew they can't win over the electoral power of the people, and started asking for an unelected government, got violent, stormed the news station, and general troublemaking , at the expense of the country and its unity. In my view it is that PAD that is the biggest threat to the countries integrity.

BTW, nothing wrong with peaceful rallies by Thaksin supporters , they need solidarity in these troubled times. And he later clarified it was not a royal pardon he was seeking. I think what they are , getting together peacefully etc , is nothing compared to the frustrated, ,aggressive and divisive actions of the PAD.

Edited by mc2

Bermuda not offer sanctuary to Thaksin

Bermuda's Premier Ewart Brown has stamped on bizarre, untrue claims in Asian media that he has offered refuge to ex-Thai PM Thaksin Shinawatra who was convicted on corruption charges.

Newspapers in Thailand have been speculating where Thaksin may head after his British visa was revoked.

Some Thai press reports claim Bermuda is one of the countries to have offered sanctuary to the former owner of Manchester City football club.

However Bermuda's Prime Minister Dr. Brown told The Royal Gazette newspaper yesterday that the reports were totally fabricated.

"I know nothing about it," he said. "It's absolutely not true."

He dismissed news reports which quoted him as saying, "Its prime minister (Brown) said he was content to help Thaksin because his family used to face injustice of the legal system before (sic)."

The Times newspaper in the UK said unconfirmed reports suggested Thaksin and his wife had been granted honorary citizenship by the Bahamas.

Source: The Nation - 14 November 2008

PB092773.jpg

Sorry dude, without Thaksin's malfeasance PAD would never have been necessary ,

But the PAD have gone completely overboard. And are happy to drag the country down with them. Crazy fanatic cult with no specific goal or if they do they change it a few days later . Its the PAD cult that is destroying Thai harmony.

Fact is, at the next elections , the new government will be one that has got the blessing from Thaksin. Millions of voters love and respect Thaksin and are waiting for his guidance in the next election. So all this nonsese, the PAD is doing has no real effect but to split the country. A pro Thaksin goverment will win at the next elections.

I forsee the violent elements within the PAD will cause it to self destruct due to their frustrated impotence , at the countries expense.

Troll city this AM.

Funny, in an ironic way, you say violent elements within PAD,

even though the bombs are being thrown at PAD.

The ones threatening violence are ALL from Thaksin's camp.

The ones actually doing attacks are from the Thalksin camp.

The last election was pretty much 50-50 popular vote,

with PPP getting JUST enough to form a coalition government.

They did NOT win a majority themselves,

just a slightly larger percentage than the next largest party.

Again no unity, there are piles of little parties, showing no general unity at all.

So the DIVIDE you blame on PAD was there and still is there.

and has nothing to do with PAD,

it has everything to do with TRT and PPP's bad governance.

Thai harmony is an illusion that evaporates every few years.

There is only one harmonious entity that brings any unity here.

And it is surely not POLITICIANS...

Frustrated impotence you say.

If they are so impotent then how come you sound so worried about them?

It is not at all a fact that only a Thaksin blessed party will form the next government.

The country was split before PAD, it's just TRT was very good at PR

and made it seem less divided. The division you hate is because it is sliding

AWAY from Thaksin and you need someone to blame.

PAD didn't make UK or and other country blow off Thaksin.

His own actions caused this downfall.

PAD scares you because they are not shutting up about Thaksin'[s malfeances.

The more they talk the more people see they HAVE choices.

Choice doesn't benifit a would be despot, on the run internationally

with a diminishing base od hidey holes.

But the PAD have gone completely overboard. And are happy to drag the country down with them.

This beautiful country was dragged down long ago by one man and his chums who were intent on using the power entrusted in them to take everything they could get their sweaty hands on. Certainly not the first Thai politicians to have done this (as all you Thaksin disciples are quick to point out in his defence), but under Thaksin it was all done on a larger scale. What's more, he twisted and corrupted so called democracy, and blunted if not destroyed checks and balances, so as to take a complete strangle-hold on power. He gave us the coup and everything that has led from it, including the current mess.

How anybody with even the most limited of intelligence can fail to see this is completely beyond me.

Say what you like about the coup, the generals and the PAD, but please, to still be standing up in defence and support of this man, knowing all that we do, is just down-right bizarre. I suggest you get yourself the best professional help you can pay for because you really do need it.

the not-so-subtle differences between yellow-shirts and red-shirts...

Flowers yesterday, burning effigies today

Some 150 pro-Thaksin protesters rallied on Friday in front of UK Embassy in Bangkok, condemning the country for revoking Thaksin's visa.

Wearing red shirts, they burnt effigies of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary of State David Miliband to show their anger after UK revoked visas of Thaksin and his wife Pojaman.

About 150 police were deployed to provide security at the embassy.

The protesters showed banners which read, "Why the United Kingdom which is icon of democracy revoke Thaksins' visa?," and "Why the United Kingdom did not respect the UN Conventions."

They said Thaksin was a good leader, he set up village fund and suppressed narcotics. "We have faith in Thaksin. We fight for them because he received unfair treatment," he said.

UK Embassy in Bangkok seemed to be busy during this period after its government revoked visas of Thaksin and Pojaman while the couple were in Beijing.

On Thursday, a group of anti-government supporters; so-called "PAD Ladies," visited the embassy to say thank you England for revoking Thaksin's visa. They also gave flowers and sweets to representatives of the embassy.

- The Nation / 2008-11-14

Well, thats your opinion and you are entitled to that. But i dont agree with you.

But later they got frustrated when they knew they can't win over the electoral power of the people, and started asking for an unelected government, got violent, stormed the news station, and general troublemaking , at the expense of the country and its unity. In my view it is that PAD that is the biggest threat to the countries integrity.

BTW, nothing wrong with peaceful rallies by Thaksin supporters , they need solidarity in these troubled times. And he later clarified it was not a royal pardon he was seeking. I think what they are , getting together peacefully etc , is nothing compared to the frustrated, ,aggressive and divisive actions of the PAD.

1. PAD is not fighting electoral power of the people - it's fighting Thaksin who should have been barred from standing in elections right from the start, for asset concealement. The Ratchada case for which he was convicted should have discqualified him from standing in 2005. Shameless electoral fraud in 2006 should prevent him from standing for another few years, and criminal conviction bans him forever.

2. I missed the part where Thaksin clarified he was not seeking royal pardon. What does it mean - he relies only on people power to bring him back and overthrow the judiciary system in the process?

As for peaceful pro-Thaksin rallies - you must be kidding. One off event doesn't wash away their sins. They still threaten to retake govt house by force, btw.

Khun Thaksin is on an EGO trip, i.e., going to name his Foes in Thailand, you would think if he was really smart and care for his country he would keep quite and enjoy the Billion on Billion of bahts he made in Thailand while his fellow countryman suffer in poverty. SAD!! :o:D

If he backed off likely they would pay him off with a large chuck of his impounded money.

But his ego is too broken too much loss of FACE to give up. He's been a winner in a big way,

but not by being fair. He will not be fair in trying to gain back his lost winnings,

and take retribution, if he can, for that loss..

the not-so-subtle differences between yellow-shirts and red-shirts...

Flowers yesterday, burning effigies today

Some 150 pro-Thaksin protesters rallied on Friday in front of UK Embassy in Bangkok, condemning the country for revoking Thaksin's visa.

Wearing red shirts, they burnt effigies of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary of State David Miliband to show their anger after UK revoked visas of Thaksin and his wife Pojaman.

About 150 police were deployed to provide security at the embassy.

The protesters showed banners which read, "Why the United Kingdom which is icon of democracy revoke Thaksins' visa?," and "Why the United Kingdom did not respect the UN Conventions."

They said Thaksin was a good leader, he set up village fund and suppressed narcotics. "We have faith in Thaksin. We fight for them because he received unfair treatment," he said.

UK Embassy in Bangkok seemed to be busy during this period after its government revoked visas of Thaksin and Pojaman while the couple were in Beijing.

On Thursday, a group of anti-government supporters; so-called "PAD Ladies," visited the embassy to say thank you England for revoking Thaksin's visa. They also gave flowers and sweets to representatives of the embassy.

- The Nation / 2008-11-14

Losing his visa was having his face broken publically. His anger and desire for revenge should not be underestimated. He cannot do anything about the British government or the Philippones one that compounded his humiliation apart from some little demos but he will certainly be exercising his full vengeful streak on his local enemies in Thailand. Anything could happen.

I also notice now that in public people are starting to joke about him and his situation. That is he is becoming a laughing stock at least inparts of Chonburi. Until the visa debacle for him this did not happen in public. Maybe some people have decided he is indeed now finished although that is not something I would assume just yet.

But the PAD have gone completely overboard. And are happy to drag the country down with them.

This beautiful country was dragged down long ago by one man and his chums who were intent on using the power entrusted in them to take everything they could get their sweaty hands on. Certainly not the first Thai politicians to have done this (as all you Thaksin disciples are quick to point out in his defence), but under Thaksin it was all done on a larger scale. What's more, he twisted and corrupted so called democracy, and blunted if not destroyed checks and balances, so as to take a complete strangle-hold on power. He gave us the coup and everything that has led from it, including the current mess.

You seem to be a stauch defender of democracy. Did you object when the PAD made calls for an unelected government ? WHen some of them appear to be happy for a coup ? I didn't think so.

Sure, Thaskin is not perfect, neither is the PAD. But I dont see you critizising the PAD.

How anybody with even the most limited of intelligence can fail to see this is completely beyond me.

Say what you like about the coup, the generals and the PAD, but please, to still be standing up in defence and support of this man, knowing all that we do, is just down-right bizarre. I suggest you get yourself the best professional help you can pay for because you really do need it.

I suppose you think that millions of Thai people that respect and love Thaksin need the best professional help they can get ?. You will always be part of the problem unless you understand this group. instead you fob them off as having mental problems.

1. PAD is not fighting electoral power of the people - it's fighting Thaksin who should have been barred from standing in elections right from the start, for asset concealement. The Ratchada case for which he was convicted should have discqualified him from standing in 2005. Shameless electoral fraud in 2006 should prevent him from standing for another few years, and criminal conviction bans him forever.

The pad dont know what they are doing, they move the goal posts every week. Amongst other things they are fighting the government, a government that was elected into power by the people . In a very obvious way they are fighting the electoral power of the people . Yes they are also fighting Thaksin . They just like fighting,shouting, adding more fuel to the fire . But they havent come up with any specific or reasonable solution.

2. I missed the part where Thaksin clarified he was not seeking royal pardon. What does it mean - he relies only on people power to bring him back and overthrow the judiciary system in the process?

Yes , I dont think it was Thaksin but his spokesperson who clarified that. Not sure exactly what he meant but I presumed the people power reference was a message for his voters.

As for peaceful pro-Thaksin rallies - you must be kidding. One off event doesn't wash away their sins. They still threaten to retake govt house by force, btw.

They want to express their solidarity with Thaksin. And are annoyed at the PADs troublemaking . Who wouldn't , PAD is the problem not the solution. Its all bark no bite by the pro gov supporters. I dont expect any of them to instigate violence . They just want their voice heard.

BTW, nothing wrong with peaceful rallies by Thaksin supporters , they need solidarity in these troubled times. And he later clarified it was not a royal pardon he was seeking. I think what they are , getting together peacefully etc , is nothing compared to the frustrated and divisive actions of the PAD.

What country /planet are you living on? ProThaksin 'rallies' - plural - one of just three, the violence coming from the PPP, UDD whatever bloody acronym they choose to use, aka Mob For Rent, and all Thaksin funded.

I fail to see that the shameless Thaksin and his moneygrubbing handpicked bunch of thugs, making up the present non government constitute anything less than the biggest threat to Thailand's 'integrity', in recent times.

Your handle is Mc2 - Is that that eighties band? :o

Edited by soundman
Removed flame. No more please.