Uk Cancel Thaksin's Visa And Wife's

Jingthing

Pojamarn has only ONE legal problem - tax evasion. She gets pardoned for this, it's over.

Thaksin has a lot more to answer, there's no possibility of one blank pardon to cover it all.

In terms of reconciliation, letting Pojamarn back in will surely won't make situation any worse. She commands respect of legions of ex-TRT politicians, if she can sway Northern faction + Bangkok to abandon fight - who's left with Thaksin? Is he going to turn to Newin to mobilise crowds after giving a cold shoulder just two months ago? Newin himself is at odds with Isan Pattana - the only faciton that is ideologically close to Thaksin and would support him through thin and thick.

If she can persuade Yongyuth and Yawopa - Thaksin's revolution is as good as over.

Will PAD accept it? If she really abandons Thaksin - sure they will.

So, are we to believe that this divorce is not a"financial arrangement" but a definite parting of the ways. Surely we aren't to believe she's hanging him out to dry?

This is starting to sound like something William Shakespeare might have created.

Lol just wait for the murders to start- I don't know which is more apt - et tu Brute? or C-C-C_Caliban the beast (sorry can't remember a quote from him).

So now there's a school of thought saying she is switching horses mid stream.

Looking for one less hobbled and that she was the POWER behind his thrown all along...

Well women are known to plot more deviously than men.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I excpect her next port of call to be Thailand, not the UK.

I might be wrong, but wouldn't that be great?

She'll recieve pardon in no time, maybe a quick glance at the prison cell and that's it.

could be right, december 4th is a big day for pardons.

if it happened like that it would help the national reconcilliation - no one, even the most rabid ant-thaksin fans could argue with a pardon.

Actually most academics, judges, lawyers, people that believe that being a fugitive from the courts is bad, accountants, farmers, business people, etc etc etc could argue with a pardon in the case of a woman that has shown blatant contempt of court and the legal process could argue that a pardon would be bad.

well its not a topic for discussion

Then why did you bring it up?

My comment was directed at your "actually most academics... etc" reply.

As a side note, I didn't bring the topic up.

please keep up.

basically your whole premise is just wrong.

I shouldn't have to ask... but .... why ?

On second thoughts, I don't care.

*sigh*

See the Green :o You wrote that :D

Now .....

I don't see the criminal formerly known as Mrs Thaksin getting a new visa to the UK as a convicted person that has been away from the country to avoid serving her prison sentence .....

See! I actually put something about the topic in the post!

Mr T wifee Pojaman, was indeed convicted of tax evasion in July and sentenced to three years in jail but was acquitted by the Supreme Court :o ..=so......vizza u tee nai krup....

aunti...

She was not acquitted for tax evasion at all and is still a criminal on the run, she was acquitted in the land deal case, but not the tax evasion case.

Mr T wifee Pojaman, was indeed convicted of tax evasion in July and sentenced to three years in jail but was acquitted by the Supreme Court :o ..=so......vizza u tee nai krup....

aunti...

She was not acquitted for tax evasion at all and is still a criminal on the run, she was acquitted in the land deal case, but not the tax evasion case.

Ditto

I don't see the criminal formerly known as Mrs Thaksin getting a new visa to the UK as a convicted person that has been away from the country to avoid serving her prison sentence .....

See! I actually put something about the topic in the post!

You may be proud of yourself, but please focus on quality not quantity .

When will this guy learn? He really has only one course of action left open to him. Return to Thailand..go to jail..make an appeal from there. Whether he'll win or not I don't know or care. But he should leave the rest of the world out of it..it's a Thai matter and should be handled here. His continual fighting, naming names etc, from overseas is losing him more face than he ever had.

When will this guy learn? He really has only one course of action left open to him. Return to Thailand..go to jail..make an appeal from there. Whether he'll win or not I don't know or care. But he should leave the rest of the world out of it..it's a Thai matter and should be handled here. His continual fighting, naming names etc, from overseas is losing him more face than he ever had.

He is even feeling it himself literally sliding off his square-cranium...

379096.jpg

the not-so-subtle differences between yellow-shirts and red-shirts...

Burning effigies today

Some 150 pro-Thaksin protesters rallied on Friday in front of UK Embassy in Bangkok, condemning the country for revoking Thaksin's visa.

Wearing red shirts, they burnt effigies of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary of State David Miliband to show their anger after UK revoked visas of Thaksin and his wife Pojaman.

About 150 police were deployed to provide security at the embassy.

The protesters showed banners which read, "Why the United Kingdom which is icon of democracy revoke Thaksins' visa?," and "Why the United Kingdom did not respect the UN Conventions."

All Hail Britannia...

britishembassy.jpg

Some 50 Thaksin supporters rally outside British Embassy

Some 50 supporters of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra rallied in front of the British Embassy Wednesday, demanding explanation over the revocation of entry visa for Thaksin.

The group led by Amarin Pajonyuth arrived in front of the Embassy at 10 am.

They submitted a letter to the British government, demanding an explanation over the visa revocation.

- The Nation / 2008-11-19

Edited by sriracha john

What do they hope to achieve by this? Even if the embassy do give an explanation (which they are not obliged to do), surely the explanation will be along the lines of "Because convicted criminals are not allowed to enter the country".

Then what? Are they then going to protest to demand that the UK changes it's immigration policy?

What fools.

But he is a meglomaniac..........

INN explains Thaksin 'asylum' reports

By KORNCHANOK RAKSASERI

THE NATION

Published on November 18, 2008

INN news agency yesterday insisted it had "sincerely and professionally" reported news to its audience after its report about small countries offering help to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra were denied and questioned.

In a statement posted on its website, www.innnews.co.th, INN said it would stick to the standard of good ethics and would not be a tool for anybody.

INN issued the statement after the media questioned the reported offer to Thaksin which turned out to be a hoax.

While it accepted the scrutiny and would reconsider its reporting process, the INN explained how it got the news about the offers to Thaksin.

The INN earlier reported that several countries like the Bahamas and Bermuda had offered asylum and positions to Thaksin while living in exile.

But the governments of both countries denied the report.

Thai media published articles questioning INN's news sources after they failed to verify the INN report. They also questioned the timing of its release which coincided with Thaksin's movements and statements in the past few months.

During his address on November 1, Thaksin told his supporters that many countries had offered him shelter and positions.

According to INN, the questionable reports were found accidentally by an INN reporter while searching for another topic on the Internet.

INN said the first piece, a story headlined as "Bermuda Prime Minister invites Thaksin into exile", published on August 22, was found accidentally when INN's reporter searched for news about a Bermudan football player of the Manchester City Football Club.

The reporter double checked the information from an encyclopaedia on the Internet about the country's information and its prime minister's name. They matched, so the reporter decided to translate the story into the agency's database.

Since Thaksin's movements have been a source of interest to Thai people, INN decided to publish the stories to its audience.

"Due to curiosity about Thaksin's extradition process being an issue at that time, INN's foreign news reporter searched information from prominent media like CNN, BBC, AP, AFP and visited the websites in the Bahamas and Bermuda where stories were found before. The website of ZNS Bahamas, which was not being upgraded at that time, had a piece of news published on October 16 saying Bahamas' prime minister was seeking ways to help Thaksin. It was a 15 day old story but the reporter saw it interesting and decided to translate it," INN said to clarify how it got the story headlined as "Bahamas asks UK not to send Thaksin back to Thailand" which it published on October 31.

The website of ZNS Bahamas has been posted as "being upgraded" for more than a week.

Pirongrong Ramasoota Rananand, head of Chulalongkorn University's Department of Journalism, said when the media stressed the timeliness of news reporting, they might have compromised the accuracy of the news or reliability of news sources.

"Now is an era of information overload. Media professionals as gatekeepers or mediators must be more careful than in the past," she said. "The rule is that check, check, check and check. The media must verify the information until they are sure it is correct."

Pradit Ruangdit, secretary-general of Thai Journalists Association, yesterday said the issue was interesting as it scrutinised media professionals. However, the association would respect the rights of all media involved and would wait and see INN's proof of its news sources.

What do they hope to achieve by this? Even if the embassy do give an explanation (which they are not obliged to do), surely the explanation will be along the lines of "Because convicted criminals are not allowed to enter the country".

Then what? Are they then going to protest to demand that the UK changes it's immigration policy?

What fools.

The propagaqnda has gone out over and over and over.

The charges aren't based on laws,

Thaksin didn't do anything wrong,

It's ALL a conspiracy to get him because he helped the poor,

He has done so much to improve Thailand it's just jealousy..

and on and on.

There on display are at least 50-100 people that know no better

than to believe it, with their whole being. So they blindly assume

in abject, intractable, ludicrous ignorance of how things work,

that The British Government is in conspiracy with Thaksin's enemies

to break 'the great friend of the poor Thai people'.

Not that England is just enforcing their laws on

not allowing convicted criminals to enter their country.

Fools, fooled by a master of diversion from truth.

As P.T. Barnum said:

There's one born every minute."

Edited by animatic

So INN guy says he saw it on the Internet but it's gone now.

Dog ate my homerwork excuse in the digital age.

Here, on TV, we blast people for quoting wiki as a source.

>>>>

They sent this "breaking news" to every SMS subscriber, btw.

Altogether they run 13 stories on Thaksin and countries inviting him to stay.

So INN guy says he saw it on the Internet but it's gone now.

Dog ate my homerwork excuse in the digital age.

Here, on TV, we blast people for quoting wiki as a source.

>>>>

They sent this "breaking news" to every SMS subscriber, btw.

Altogether they run 13 stories on Thaksin and countries inviting him to stay.

Checks in the mail...

Fat check, not a fact check..

The Nation, Mon, November 24, 2008 : Last updated 14:37 hours

Thaksin : UK will be sorry

Ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has lashed out at the UK for revoking his visa, saying the British government was not respecting its own democratic values.

In an exclusive interview with Arabian Business, to be published next Sunday, Thaksin said the UK would "feel sorrow" for revoking his visa.

The stinging criticism contracted his earlier statement that he chose to live in exile in UK because it was a "democratically mature" country.

Another irony was his choice of Dubai _ which like Thailand is under constitutional monarchy _ as a staging ground to preach democracy and attack a democratic model like UK.

"England must understand better, but unfortunately they are now busy with their own problems - so they forgot about democratic values," Thaksin said during an interview in Dubai.

Thaksin's UK visa was cancelled earlier this month following his conviction for corruption in Thailand. He had fled to the UK in 2006 following a military coup that removed him from power.

Thaksin vowed to return to Thailand at some stage, stating that he could bring confidence back to the country.

"The country is going down deeply. The confidence is not there. The trust amongst foreign community is not there. The poor people in rural areas are in difficulty," he said.

"With me at the helm I can bring confidence quickly back to Thailand. We have to find a mechanism under which I can go back, that is why I must tell you that I will go back into politics."

However, Thaksin said he would only return if the people and the king of Thailand wanted him to go back.

He didn't mention the two-year jail term he is supposed to serve after the Supreme Court last month found him guilty of violating conflicts of interests laws.

"I think a lot depends on the power of the people. If they feel they are in hardship and they need me to help them, I will go back," he said.

"If the king feels I can be beneficial I will go back and he may grant me a royal pardon. If they don't need me and the king feels I can make no difference then I will stay here and do business. " :D

The full, exclusive interview with Shinawatra will be published in Arabian Business on Sunday Nov. 30, and from 10am on Thursday Nov. 27 online at ArabianBusiness.com.

Unquote

There you have it, a predictable response, although somewhat, but not an unexpected statement.

His arrogance and self importance beggar belief.

Does he really care about Thailand, it,s citizens and their future.................LFHD

marshbags :o

Apologies if it,s posted elsewhere but cannot find it on this thread, which is dedicated to the Visa debate

Edited by marshbags

The Nation, Mon, November 24, 2008 : Last updated 14:37 hours

Thaksin : UK will be sorry

Ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has lashed out at the UK for revoking his visa, saying the British government was not respecting its own democratic values.

In an exclusive interview with Arabian Business, to be published next Sunday, Thaksin said the UK would "feel sorrow" for revoking his visa.

I think if he ever does get back at the helm in Thailand then expats, especially the British ones could be in for a tough time.

'hel_l hath no fury like an an ex leader scorned'

Just wait for some more tightening up of the visa rules as he will definitely play the Nationalism card even more than before.

It's the nationalism card that scares me, we have already had some numptie's burning an effigy of Gordon Brown outside the embassy.

The UDD might have a busy time in the future burning effigies and travelling around various embassies, I heard a story the Chinese authorities are getting fed up with him, one reason he's in Dubai.

If Potchaman returns in the near future, I think her first priority will be the 76 billion baht currently in the court process, and secondly arrange the leadership and MPs in Peua Thai for the next election.

I can't see Thaksin coming back in the near future, too afraid for his life.

It's the nationalism card that scares me, we have already had some numptie's burning an effigy of Gordon Brown outside the embassy.

The UDD might have a busy time in the future burning effigies and travelling around various embassies, I heard a story the Chinese authorities are getting fed up with him, one reason he's in Dubai.

If Potchaman returns in the near future, I think her first priority will be the 76 billion baht currently in the court process, and secondly arrange the leadership and MPs in Peua Thai for the next election.

I can't see Thaksin coming back in the near future, too afraid for his wlife.

There is that cute Thai girl, which might or might not be pregnant from him. If wife is in Thailand than Thaksin has party time in Dubai.

.........edited.... the Chinese authorities are getting fed up with him, one reason he's in Dubai.

Questions being raised, rgarding acusations and he sined them while going into exile, now he shunns trhe "english government", and chinese are eager to relect a clean image, they don't need him..

I can't see Thaksin coming back in the near future, too afraid for his life.

It's my bet too, she will... testing grounds again, however how much likely could it be that he returns to CXN without being arrested or harassed for being in the country - I think he could be playing this card as well - "taking a bath in a (paid) large crowd, see my supporters... the people who love me"?

All the authorities could/would do is giving him "house arrest" to avid more "unrest"....

Could be a strong powerplay... everything is possible!

Thaksin suffers from the Napoleon Complex, aka, Little Man Syndrome. Looking at a few of his quotes and undiplomatic and rude style when addressing others at a UN-Asean session, I can only wonder if this moron has any friends left? No wonder he was 86ed out of the UK.

"The UN is not my father."

"With friends like America, who needs enemies."

"The UK will be sorry."

Sympathy for devil? Not in a million years.

Edited by frodo

I think you guys are missing the point, Thaksin certainly doesn't believe what he is saying! He does, however, know that it cannot hurt his standing with the UK (he has none) and it perpetuates the conspiracy theories his PR machine is pumping out into Isaan. They will believe this silliness up there and that it is a continuing escapade caused by those unseen hands trying to prevent him from his proper role of RULING over Thailand.

Thaksin suffers from the Napoleon Complex, aka, Little Man Syndrome. Looking at a few of his quotes and undiplomatic and rude style when addressing others at a UN-Asean session, I can only wonder if this moron has any friends left? No wonder he was 86ed out of the UK.

Hew should be sent to Elba - from whence, he will no doubt escape, to meet his "Waterloo" on the cracked runways of of Suvarnabhumi :o

Hew should be sent to Elba - from whence, he will no doubt escape, to meet his "Waterloo" on the cracked runways of of Suvarnabhumi :o

Napoleon was a great man with whom the likes of Thaksin can not be compared!