Travelling From Canada

You won't be denied boarding a flight if you do not have visa, and you will be granted a 30 days entry without any visa at the airport upon arrival. However getting a tourist visa, which will allow you to stay for60 days is much more convenience and certainly cheaper than making a border run to get another 30 days entry.

Good luck

Bishop

You won't be denied boarding a flight if you do not have visa, and you will be granted a 30 days entry without any visa at the airport upon arrival. However getting a tourist visa, which will allow you to stay for60 days is much more convenience and certainly cheaper than making a border run to get another 30 days entry.

Good luck

Bishop

Bishop ----

Sorry but you cannot say "You won't be denied boarding" --- in fact it is quite possible to be denied boarding if you do not have a visa and your flight out of Thailand is more than 30 days in the future ... the OP should get a visa.

Dear jdinasia

Is there any airline on the world will ask you how long you will be staying in a specific country? They certainly will ask you how long you need the ticket for, but not where are you going to spend your entire holiday. If the gentleman came to Thailand for let's say 2 weeks and then boarded a train to Malaysia, or any other budget flight to some where else, will the airline object his planing, and tell him no, you can only travel to one country and stay there until you comeback? And why on the earth he should tell the airline how long he is going to stay in Thailand? or maybe you have the idea of the airline turning to become an immigration office as well?

Will you be spending the entire 38days in Thailand or will you be travelling elsewhere?

If the entire time in LOS just get a visa from the Thai consulate. I got mine the same day I applied. Infact taken to wlk from the consulate to the subway, I recieved a call telling me my visa was ready.

Dear jdinasia

Is there any airline on the world will ask you how long you will be staying in a specific country? They certainly will ask you how long you need the ticket for, but not where are you going to spend your entire holiday. If the gentleman came to Thailand for let's say 2 weeks and then boarded a train to Malaysia, or any other budget flight to some where else, will the airline object his planing, and tell him no, you can only travel to one country and stay there until you comeback? And why on the earth he should tell the airline how long he is going to stay in Thailand? or maybe you have the idea of the airline turning to become an immigration office as well?

Like Lite Beer said, it is the airlines responsibility to check and they have to take you back and can get fined for taking someone to Thailand without proof of onward travel in the form of a ticket or a visa.

Airlines do check, although not every airline. EVA for instants is very strict, I have always been asked to show a visa. Sometimes at check-in and at boarding. China Airlines seems less strict, in the sense that they will you allow boarding after you sign a statement that if you are denied entry you will bare all the costs (return and fine).

…Is there any airline on the world will ask you how long you will be staying in a specific country?

Bishop, let’s assume you are working for Air Canada at the check-in counter at a Canadian airport. You have been trained well and you perform your duties conscientiously. Canadaaye comes to your counter to check in for his flight to Bangkok, presenting his Canadian passport without a visa for Thailand and his return ticket with a confirmed flight Canada-Bangkok on 10 NOV 2008 and the return flight on 17 DEC 2008.

Just like you have been trained you enter the passenger’s nationality and destination on your computer, click on the appropriate button, and the following appears on your screen:

post-21260-1226315880_thumb.png

It is on the basis of the information on this screen that airline passengers have been refused boarding.

--

Maestro

Thank you guys for your comment and I know exactly what are you trying to explain to me.

As I have mentioned before in another topic I am a retired airline executive with over than thirty years of experience, and my wife has over than thirty years experience too as manager and she retired as in-flight services director.

However, all of you missed my point. What I was trying to say that the gentleman can always argue with the airline staff and explain to him that he will spend some of his holiday in Malaysia or even in Cambodia for instance and return to Thailand for his flight back, just like thousands of backpackers are doing right now.

Furthermore I did not advise the gentleman to travel without a visa, but I instead encouraged him to do that for his own convenience.

I am sorry if I caused some trouble, but believe me guys, I have never posted a word in this forum without having my own personal experience in the subject; and for me, with all my life traveling around the world since the time of the two fan engine airplanes, no one ever asked me about my visa including Montreal airport where my first flight to Thailand started.

Let's not make it a big deal, and have a very good evening and sweet dreams.

Bishop

It IS a big deal if you tell someone that they will not be denied boarding and it happens ... when giving advice it is a good idea to keep the rules in mind. We don't know if the guy showing up to fly is arriving smelling bad and with facial tattoos and piercings ...

Therefore we try to tell people the rules ... and the consequences.

Yes people attempting to travel to Thailand with no visa and no exit flight information within 30 days have been refused boarding. if you go to an airport and try to fly to Thailand without a visa and without an exit flight etc ... you MAY be denied boarding. You may be able to talk someone into allowing you to board after signing a liability waiver to the airlines but that is not common as they are still open to a 20k baht fine just for bringing the person here.

You didn't propose something vile .... but it could put the person at risk :o

I have flown from Canada bkk a dozen times or more in the last several years , i flew on a 6 months ticket and NEVER had a visa , the airline is only responsible for your repatriation IF YOU ARE REFUSED ENTRY , so they can refuse you if you have no return ticket .

The reason i did not have a visa was because the embassy staff told me to get 'Visa on arrival' , i had e-mailed them at first but they never replied so i phoned them to only be given this answer , and that was both the embassy in Toronto and Ottawa .Just may be the case that if you put in a personal appearance as one poster mentioned , you could get your 60 day visa , but i found it absolutely needless to do so .

I have been refused entry from Vancouver once. I was very surprised and angry because most other countries usually let me go. I just purchased a one way ticket BKK - Singapore then cashed it in when I got back to Thailand so it really wasnt a big deal.