Proof Of Funds?!

Do i need to bring cash{proof of funds} when applying for 30 day visa extension at a thai immigration within thailand{chiang mai} on 1st part of current multi-entry visa?

I have heard you need to show cash{10,ooo?baht} when for re-entry at mae sai now?

Probably the best advise is to assume you will not be asked if you have the money but will be asked if you do not.

Just as we should carry our passport we should have the funds to show when in a position that it 'might' be requested.

humm.... interesting advice. I was sort of looking for something a little more real. Perhaps from someone with actual expierence. Mostly wondering if i need cash in hand or will my bank do. Oh well! I guess will have the answer soon enough since my visa runs out tomorrow.

Come  on  you   Northern  Thai  members ........whats  the  latest  at  Mae Sai?  No show  of  funds  required  at  the  Thai/Cambodian  border  (Aranya/Poipet)  i  was  there  3  days  ago.

As of the 6th Dec. Mae Sot is still the same. No show of cash. Just a Thai military presence with sniffer dogs (nothing to do with Immigration of course).

Do i need to bring cash{proof of funds} when applying for 30 day visa extension at a thai immigration within thailand{chiang mai} on 1st part of current multi-entry visa?

Extending the visa(Tourist?) for 30 days should not require any show of funds.

Just the fee of 1900 baht.

I have heard you need to show cash{10,ooo?baht} when for re-entry at mae sai now?

I think maybe some of your problem in getting an answer from the members is

some confusion in your post ..... at least to me

What type of visa do you currently have that is multiple entry ?

You mention Thai Immig. within Thailand... Chiang Mai and you also mention Mae Sai....

Do you want an extension of your current stamp from Chiang Mai Immig. or are you planning an in/out at Mae Sai?

An extension at Chiang Mai Immigration is generally 1900 Baht.

If you have a valid multiple entry and go to Mae Sai for an in/out to Tachalek then you would have the 250 baht entry to Burma and upon return you may be checked for proof of funds....

It has been told to me that most on "Non Imm.'s" Multiple Entry are not being checked at Mae Sai but those being mostly checked are those with the 30 day stay repeatly doing the in/out each month.....

I too would like to hear from anyone with 1 st hand information doing Mae Sai within the past few days..

I think maybe some of your problem in getting an answer from the members is

some confusion in your post ..... at least to me

What type of visa do you currently have that is multiple entry ?

You mention Thai Immig. within Thailand... Chiang Mai and you also mention Mae Sai....

Do you want an extension of your current stamp from Chiang Mai Immig. or are you planning an in/out at Mae Sai?

An extension at Chiang Mai Immigration is generally 1900 Baht.

If you have a valid multiple entry and go to Mae Sai for an in/out to Tachalek then you would have the 250 baht entry to Burma and upon return you may be checked for proof of funds....

It has been told to me that most on "Non Imm.'s" Multiple Entry are not being checked at Mae Sai but those being mostly checked are those with the 30 day stay repeatly doing the in/out each month.....

I too would like to hear from anyone with 1 st hand information doing Mae Sai within the past few days..

Or....if all else fails. get a REAL visa.

• 2 weeks later...

No funds were asked for when extenteding multi-entry tourist visa in Chaing mai.

I've been told by friend who just returned from mai sai trip that there is a sign stating that you must have proof of funds {10000-20000 baht] upon re-entering thailand. However when he crossed he was not asked. It seems they are picking people at random. Most likely people who look like they dont have cash will be asked.