Multi 'o' To Retirement Extention

At the end of any of your entries.

Sorry to be a pain just to clarify so I would not be able to do it in January 2009

Yes you can do it in January.

The fact that you have a multiple entry visa makes no difference to immigration.

The most important thing is not to wait until the last day. Go at least a week early for the extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

At the end of any of your entries.

Sorry to be a pain just to clarify so I would not be able to do it in January 2009

Yes you can do it in January.

The fact that you have a multiple entry visa makes no difference to immigration.

The most important thing is not to wait until the last day. Go at least a week early for the extension.

Thanks for you help so far so if I come on November 25 I would have to leave on about February 23 so as long as I do my extension on about January 28 that should be OK even though I could still use me Multi 'O' till November 2009

I am just making sure I have this correct

As Joe said you can apply within the last 30 days of any entry.

Just wondering why you got a Multi Entry.

Its no problem, up to you.

I am in the middle of trying to sell my house so I might have to return to England to sort it out. I am still thinking about taking a chance and just getting a single entry

I am in the middle of trying to sell my house so I might have to return to England to sort it out. I am still thinking about taking a chance and just getting a single entry

A single entry will do it unless you are doing the 800K in bank option and had a problem with the 3 months in bank requirement.

Even with a single entry if you had to leave for a short trip you could get a re-entry permit (1000 baht) and keep your entry good. You would just have to be back in time to get your extension before your 90 day permit to stay ends.

A multiple entry is just good insurance against the unexpected.

I have mine last entry on my non-o multiple october 8 and got mine extension for one year at Pattaya immigration in october 28 and to my surprice i got extension until januari 5 2010

Probably because you changed to a Non O Visa at Immigration and the years extension starts from when your Non O expires.

You were lucky in that they seemed to have issued your Non O and accepted your Retirement Extension at the same time. Usually you would have to go back with 30 days remaining on your Non O Visa.

I went to the Thai Embassy in London to get my Multi 'O' Visa only to be asked if I had a "statement of pension" which i did not have so i asked for a single entry to be told it was still required I did not realise that this was a requirement for a visa for Tourism any way I ended with a Single Entry Tourist visa I guess this will make it a bit more complicated when I try to get an extension for retirement

I went to the Thai Embassy in London to get my Multi 'O' Visa only to be asked if I had a "statement of pension" which i did not have so i asked for a single entry to be told it was still required I did not realise that this was a requirement for a visa for Tourism any way I ended with a Single Entry Tourist visa I guess this will make it a bit more complicated when I try to get an extension for retirement

The Embassy in London was the last place to go.

Any Consulate in UK would have given you a Non O Visa.

All is not lost.

When in Thailand go to Immigration with at least 21 days remaining on your tourist visa.

Show them evidence that you qualify for the retirement extension and they will give you a Non O Visa for a fee of 2,000 Baht.

30 days before this expires go back and apply for the retirement extension.

The Embassy in London was the last place to go.

Any Consulate in UK would have given you a Non O Visa.

All is not lost.

When in Thailand go to Immigration with at least 21 days remaining on your tourist visa.

Show them evidence that you qualify for the retirement extension and they will give you a Non O Visa for a fee of 2,000 Baht.

30 days before this expires go back and apply for the retirement extension.

Yes I know that now but the Embassy is only 10 miles away the nearest Consulate is over 100 miles away so it might be easier to do it in Thailand. I do not like to let my passport out of my hands when I am so near departure also a lot of post does not arrive at my address

Yes I know that now but the Embassy is only 10 miles away the nearest Consulate is over 100 miles away so it might be easier to do it in Thailand. I do not like to let my passport out of my hands when I am so near departure also a lot of post does not arrive at my address

You should have no problem.

You should have no problem.

The only disappointing thing is that I was hoping to use the 800000B route but with the extra delay in transferring to retirement visa I am not sure that I still have 800000B in a Thai bank so I might have to go the pension plus cash route what proof of pension will I have to bring to get the British Embassy to give me a confirmation letter of funding

I have mine last entry on my non-o multiple october 8 and got mine extension for one year at Pattaya immigration in october 28 and to my surprice i got extension until januari 5 2010
Probably because you changed to a Non O Visa at Immigration and the years extension starts from when your Non O expires.

From a previous post Here, Bengt obtained his Non Imm O multi entry from abroad. From his post, and several others here, it would seem Immigration now starts the one-year extension clock from the expiration date of your last 90-day permitted to stay stamp. It apparently doesn't matter whether or not this stamp was obtained at the border -- or at Immigration upon conversion of a tourist visa/exempt entry into a Non Imm O visa.

This *could* affect one's long term planning, in that future years you'll need to be in-country for renewal 3-months further down the calendar than when renewal has historically occurred. This applies, of course, to newbies, not long established retirees.

Bengt: How'd you happen to get your retirement extension only 20 days after re-entering Thailand? Normally, you'd be told to come back after 60 days........

Suggest you contact the conuslar section of the embassy.

Link to info: http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for.../general-advice

If using the bank and income method you will not have to have the money in bank for 3 months.

I would double-check this!

I was asked at my last retirement extension renewal at Suan Phlu using the bank and income method that I will have to have money in the bank three months prior to renewal in 2009 - that is after 19 years of retirement extensions.

ESBKK

Suggest you contact the conuslar section of the embassy.

Link to info: http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for.../general-advice

If using the bank and income method you will not have to have the money in bank for 3 months.

I would double-check this!

I was asked at my last retirement extension renewal at Suan Phlu using the bank and income method that I will have to have money in the bank three months prior to renewal in 2009 - that is after 19 years of retirement extensions.

ESBKK

The rule says that 3 months is not needed when using the combo method.

However , as we all know different offices = different rules.

From the police order.

(5) Having annual income

combined with the saving

money in the Bank not less than

800,000 Baht from on the date

submitting the application.

If you get the (Retirement) Visa extension NOW and want to go home to sort out your house, do not forget to get your RE-ENTRY PERMIT, or you Retirement Extension expires as you leave the country and you have to start again.

I always get a Multi Re-Entry as soon as I get my new Visa extension, so I can come and go at the drop of a hat (as I did this week tagging along with a friend on a 4 day trip to PI)

Single Re-ENTRY is 1,000 Baht. Multi is 3,800 Baht.

If I arrive from the UK on November 26 on a Multi 'O' visa what is the first date that I can apply for a Retirement extention

November 27th provided all your paperwork is in order. Immigration will back date your retirement visa to the date you last entered the Kingdom. It is suggested that the sooner you apply after arriving in country or completion of a visa run, the better.

Thanks for all your help so far, I ended up with a single entry Tourist Visa (as I said in an earlier post) could somebody give me a program of dates to get an Retirement Extension ASAP I am due to arrive on the 26 November

As soon as you get here open a bank acc. if you do not have one and stick the 800,000 Baht in it. (Assuming you are using this method)

With at least 21 days remaining on your stay go to Immigration and take the letter from your bank showing the deposit. Apply for a change of Visa to a NON O. Around 3 or 4 weeks before this expires go back to Immigration and apply for a years extension for Retirement.

Depending on where you apply and who you see they may agree to do it there and then or they may want you to get a 30- day extension to enable the 800,000 to be in the bank for 3 months.

You really have to talk to them and see what they require from you.

Smile, say thank you and you will be ok.

It may be a good idea to pop along and have a chat with them to see what they want as soon as you get here.

Don't worry, you will have no problem. It Is just that they all work in a different way.

Immigration will back date your retirement visa to the date you last entered the Kingdom.

This is how it used to be. But recent reports have Immigration starting the one year clock from the expiration date of your last 90-day stamp.

Your mileage, of course, may vary.